Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Hey fellow millennials, this will hit you in the feels.

9 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

According to my friend (in his 40s) who works with several people in the 21 - 25 range, they don't vape, they "stan". That's what they call it.

I don't know many vapers, but I've only seen stan used as a label for a hardcore/obsessive fan

8 hours ago, Maji said:

I don't know many vapers, but I've only seen stan used as a label for a hardcore/obsessive fan

Same on both accounts. Actually, I don't know any vapers personally, only old fashioned smokers. Neither of which though, I stan.

Which is a stupid term that I now feel like I'm on Bob's level after using.

On 9/9/2021 at 11:13 AM, NVGiant said:

Man, we had Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, and saw Empire Strikes Back in the theater, and you guys were messing around with Power Rangers. I think this thread sufficiently proves that Gen X > Millenials. Plus, we instinctively knew how screwed you millennials were going to be, so we just gave up early.

screw you Jumanji was the shit

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

I still quote the Tick cartoon from time to time. I never hear anybody talk about Mighty Max, did anybody else watch it? I would make sure that I was up and ready early enough every day before school so I could watch it.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

2 hours ago, son of a gun said:

And people that hate on feel good moments can ligma.

What’s “feel good” about this? It’s just more millenialism being stuck in a cycle of arrested development. 

“I’m drowning in debt, live in the parents basement, but god damn it man, the tv kids man that got fired for going bald showed up on a video and tickled muh feelers!”

Stupid. 

36 minutes ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

The elephant tears for dead Syrians are as shallow and stupid as the elephant tears for the fired tv man. 

FWIW, nobody I saw got emotional over bald tv guy being fired from cartoon show.  It was more about "yeah, good point, when I was 4 I was worrying about how to figure out what happened to the mail mans shoe with a blue dog, but this human condition is a strange bird and nothing like what I ever thought it would be.  Wow, my parents were the same age then as I am now".

I've also been eating a lot of edibles lately, staying away from my pain prescriptions all summer and find things either much funnier or more emotional than usual.  :)

On 9/9/2021 at 12:15 PM, ridgeview2 said:

I was born October of 1988, so I didn't really watch Blues Clues, but I have several friends who are a few years younger than me that watched it. I grew up with Rocko's Modern Life, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, SWAT Kats, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, and the 90's animated X-Men, Spider-Man, and Batman. 

On 9/9/2021 at 12:41 PM, WYO1016 said:

Hell yes to all of this! Didn't have Nickelodian in small town Wyoming, but we had the Disney channel!

Batman: The Animated Series is the best superhero cartoon ever made.

So I mentioned that I am rewatch the series on HBOMax. An eerie prediciton for what we're currently going through. We should have paid more attention to this episode (play the first 20 sections of the clip).