Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at Arizona State

1 minute ago, 303Rebel said:

It wouldn’t shock me if these guys throw in the towel for the season before conference play!

Iowa State will beat the crap out of UNLV next week - getting a win this season will be a tough task - though I think there's a MWC team or two UNLV might be able to hang with .......but another season of 0 wins wouldn't be all that surprising 

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Iowa State will beat the crap out of UNLV next week - getting a win this season will be a tough task - though I think there's a MWC team or two UNLV might be able to hang with .......but another season of 0 wins wouldn't be all that surprising 

I was really hoping for a glimpse of something new this season but same old Rebels!  Might be different players and coaches but the prolonged stretches of ugly play and the obvious lack of talent makes with many of our position groups means we are still years away!

Just now, 303Rebel said:

I was really hoping for a glimpse of something new but same old Rebels, different players and coaches!

ASU wasn't great in the 1st half & UNLV managed some 1st down.........2nd half UNLV had no offense at all & ASU finally got something going against a weak UNLV D that has no shot when the Rebel offense can't do anything 

Just now, Gator 82 said:

Martell better be getting first team reps all this week.

Brumfield probably has a concussion, so he'll be for atleast until next week. That's what? 21 straight years where UNLV hasn't had the same QB start every game of the season. That's spooky weird. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

UNLV Passing
  C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
Doug Brumfield 6/14 60 4.3 0 0
Justin Rogers 1/5 7 1.4 0 0
TEAM 7/19 67 3.5 0 0

UNLV Rushing
  CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
Doug Brumfield 8 43 5.4 1 14
Charles Williams 13 35 2.7 0 6
Jayvaun Wilson 6 20 3.3 0 13
Kyle Williams 1 6 6.0 0 6
Justin Rogers 4 -16 -4.0 0 5
TEAM 32 88 2.8 1 14

UNLV Receiving
  REC YDS AVG TD LONG
Kyle Williams 2 27 13.5 0 15
Zyell Griffin 2 17 8.5 0 11
Steve Jenkins 2 16 8.0 0 14
Giovanni Fauolo Sr. 1 7 7.0 0 7
TEAM 7 67 9.6 0 15

4 minutes ago, 303Rebel said:

Martell should be on deck either next week or the week after.. and I say the week after if Brumfield can go next week.  If he is out any amount of time, then put Martell in and don’t look back!

Not sure I'd play Martell vs Iowa State - that game has potential to get real ugly real fast ------save him for MWC games where UNLV might have a chance to be competitive 

But in all honesty I doubt Tom Brady could help out UNLV with the weakness in every aspect of the team

8 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Not sure I'd play Martell vs Iowa State - that game has potential to get real ugly real fast ------save him for MWC games where UNLV might have a chance to be competitive 

But in all honesty I doubt Tom Brady could help out UNLV with the weakness in every aspect of the team

It’s a shame, but you are right TB12 couldn’t help us win! Lol

1 minute ago, 303Rebel said:

It’s a shame, but you are right TB12 couldn’t help us win! Lol

This UNLV under Arroyo is looking like a rebuild from the ground up - there's just not much impactful talent and too many holes & young guys - Arroyo could possibly be looking at an 0-18 start as UNLV HC :unsure:

3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I'd say USU crushes UNLV........Hawaii might be beatable 

Weird, but after this game I think we DO win some games, where before the season started I didn't think we would. ASU is a top 25 team, and the rebs hung with them for almost 3 quarters, despite bigger and more talented players. The rebs were gassed, and don't like playing for Rogers, I wonder if they will like Martell. If Brumfield is out for any length of time and Arroyo sticks with Rogers, we win zero games.

Brumfield has things to work on, but he's young, and not generally afraid to throw the ball when his receivers give him something.

I also think the defense is improved, at least the secondary, but they need the offense to help them out.

But who knows.

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Weird, but after this game I think we DO win some games, where before the season started I didn't think we would. ASU is a top 25 team, and the rebs hung with them for almost 3 quarters, despite bigger and more talented players. The rebs were gassed, and don't like playing for Rogers, I wonder if they will like Martell. If Brumfield is out for any length of time and Arroyo sticks with Rogers, we win zero games.

Brumfield has things to work on, but he's young, and not generally afraid to throw the ball when his receivers give him something.

I also think the defense is improved, at least the secondary, but they need the offense to help them out.

But who knows.

preseason rankings. Everyone is getting exposed. ASU is not top 25. 

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

But who knows.

I think UNLV could win maybe 2 MWC games - But the offense has to do more than it showed tonight - it had some moments in the 1st half which kept UNLV hanging in, but the 2nd half was a total offensive dud - UNLV's defense can't hold on when the offense doesn't get a 1st down 

Rogers isn't the answer at QB..............Brumfield showed some promise..............Martell ? who knows if he gets a shot?!?!

Lot's of youth on the roster, but there's no aspect of UNLV's game that can overcome any faltering by offense or defense 

3 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

preseason rankings. Everyone is getting exposed. ASU is not top 25. 

I wasn't overly impressed by ASU.........most of what they did was due to UNLV not getting a 1st down in the 2nd half..........ASU probably a middling Pac12 team 

But things have been weird so far this season for quite a few teams..........Fresno could have beat Oregon & then Oregon goes into Ohio St wins.

SDSU struggled to get going vs New Mexico St, then blows the doors off Arizona in Tucson