Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels2k3

OT - Mark Few cited for a DUI

16 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Swerving was called in by a fire engine captain, more reputable than Joe Blow.

But I am shocked that the guy was written a citation for DUI and then allowed to be picked up by a friend, is this normal or a Covid thing?  

Who doesn't get arrested and processed after a DUI?

I think you may be right after all, he skates with a lessor charge.

That does seem weird.  Sometimes DUI's get plead down to a 'reckless driving.'  Maybe this one will be an example of just that.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

6 minutes ago, Rebels2k3 said:

I just remembered he did get the charge reduced to reckless driving, but still....

This thread reminded me of former Michigan Hockey HC Red Berenson.  Stumbles out of Ann Arbor bar with a cop watching across the street, pisses on the side of the bar then drives out of the parking lot.  He was charged with DUI and Urinating in Public, Judge lessened the charges to just Driving While Visually Impaired.

One good thing came out of it, it did start the "URINATOR" chant during Michigan State vs Michigan games.

6 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Two more things here.. vacation home in Hayden Lake means he didn’t need a hotel room, he could have just stayed there till morning. 

And Hayden Lake? Plenty of other places up there to have a vacation home, besides the back yard of Aryan Nation’s headquarters. Poor taste, lol. 

The Hayden Lakes comment is no longer accurate. Hasn't been for about 20-30 years.

I have two good friends (gay couple) who moved to Hayden Lake three years ago. I asked them about any issues none nada zilch. 

Biggest hassle is all the new traffic from transplants from California. 

2 hours ago, Nevada2012 said:

The Hayden Lakes comment is no longer accurate. Hasn't been for about 20-30 years.

I have two good friends (gay couple) who moved to Hayden Lake three years ago. I asked them about any issues none nada zilch. 

Biggest hassle is all the new traffic from transplants from California. 

The skinheads were never obvious, I was up there fairly often on my way to or from somewhere (probably Sandpoint). You wouldn’t know they were there if you didn’t know they were there,  lol. But yeah they’ve been more quiet there lately. 

Maybe your gay couple friends joined up with the supremacists?

12 hours ago, Pelado said:

Maybe your gay couple friends joined up with the supremacists?

One has kids. Think his son might be a quiet white power kind of fella. 

Went off one time at dinner about the jesus killers(Jews). 

And he looked like the stereotypical skin head sans the tattoos. 

11 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

The skinheads were never obvious, I was up there fairly often on my way to or from somewhere (probably Sandpoint). You wouldn’t know they were there if you didn’t know they were there,  lol. But yeah they’ve been more quiet there lately. 

Well quite frankly, they gotta live somewhere. If they're up there and they're quiet, most people don't have a problem with that. 

Well quite frankly, they gotta live somewhere. If they're up there and they're quiet, most people don't have a problem with that. 

Not arguing that. They never gave us any trouble in all the time we were there, all I was saying is perception could be an issue for Mark Few, and there are a lot prettier places up there.

20 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Not arguing that. They never gave us any trouble in all the time we were there, all I was saying is perception could be an issue for Mark Few, and there are a lot prettier places up there.

I have only been living in the area the last 1.5 years. So maybe people have a perception about Hayden Lake still, but I haven't heard it or seen it. That would be the ultimate in cancel culture there. Mark Few is  sympathetic to the Aryans because he owns a summer place where they use to live , twenty something years ago..... assuming that's the potential perception issue you mentioned. 

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2020/mar/22/former-aryan-nations-property-sold-funds-will-supp/

On 9/9/2021 at 12:19 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Those cases frequently get tossed or pled down is all I'm saying.  Few's attorney will handle it for him.  He doesn't have to deny, just has to bring into question the reliability of the test results. And a lot of the other stuff in the article would be inadmissible at trial for various reasons.  Rather than risk losing a trial and dealing with all the headache and cost that will bring, the prosecutor will likely allow it to be pled down to something minor since Few is a model citizen in about every other respect.

I don't know the law in Idaho, but in my state, DA's are literally not allowed to reduce or dismiss a DUI charge. And if you blow a .12, you are absolutely dead to rights. I have seen people blow below the legal limit and still have to spend months fighting a DUI charge. Maybe Idaho is more lenient and maybe money talks, but in my state there is no way he would beat this.

37 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

I don't know the law in Idaho, but in my state, DA's are literally not allowed to reduce or dismiss a DUI charge. And if you blow a .12, you are absolutely dead to rights. I have seen people blow below the legal limit and still have to spend months fighting a DUI charge. Maybe Idaho is more lenient and maybe money talks, but in my state there is no way he would beat this.

What state? Doesn’t seem reasonable to me. 

So...Few owned up to the charge and pled guilty.

He'll be suspended for the two exhibition games and the first regular season game, but will be back to coach the Zags 2nd game vs. Texas.

Fined $1000, has to complete 24 hours community service, and have an ignition interlock device installed for the next year.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32439863/gonzaga-coach-mark-fined-1000-perform-community-service-pleading-guilty-dui

On 9/9/2021 at 11:01 AM, 4UNLV said:

Two more things here.. vacation home in Hayden Lake means he didn’t need a hotel room, he could have just stayed there till morning. 

And Hayden Lake? Plenty of other places up there to have a vacation home, besides the back yard of Aryan Nation’s headquarters. Poor taste, lol. 

The skin head compound has been gone for a long time now.  

1 hour ago, bsu_alum9 said:

So...Few owned up to the charge and pled guilty.

He'll be suspended for the two exhibition games and the first regular season game, but will be back to coach the Zags 2nd game vs. Texas.

Fined $1000, has to complete 24 hours community service, and have an ignition interlock device installed for the next year.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32439863/gonzaga-coach-mark-fined-1000-perform-community-service-pleading-guilty-dui

Ha.  An ignition interlock device.  That has to be embarrassing.  

Stamp.

Ukrainian postage stamp honoring Snake Island soldiers

It is interesting that getting a DUI gets a coach a $1,000 fine, some community service and an ignition interlock system, but refusing to get a COVID vaccine that is not 100% effective at preventing COVID causes you to lose your job.  Crazy times we live in.