Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Agzrule

Rank ‘em: Week 1

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

11. Unlv - I don’t want to hear another word about how great it is you get to play in an nfl stadium. No one in Vegas cares. The raiders have been there 4 seconds and gthey’re already bumping your games.

Well, the Raiders didn't bump this game. TV did.

And nobody in Vegas might care, but the players do. Now if we can just hire a decent AD, who can actually hire a decent coach.

57 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

And nobody in Vegas might care, but the players do. Now if we can just hire a decent AD, who can actually hire a decent coach.

I can’t imagine Eastern Washington being a big tv draw. 

But I think he was talking about the news about a month ago on the raiders moving shit around 

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

9 minutes ago, utenation said:

But I think he was talking about the news about a month ago on the raiders moving shit around 

Correct. My understanding was that the raiders made y’all move the SJSU game to Thursday night, thereby wrecking my travel plans.

12 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Correct. My understanding was that the raiders made y’all move the SJSU game to Thursday night, thereby wrecking my travel plans.

That they did. And yes, that would suck for those traveling to Vegas for the game. Personally I'm ok with Thursday night games, even though it does make for a long day.

30 minutes ago, utenation said:

I don't think Eastern Washington was why the game was moved, lol. You might have noticed your neighbors and Arizona were playing in there last night. That game drew 55,000. But, incidentally, there were no lines at the beer stands. :P

Nevada looked awesum!

FresTuckians looked solid

Lower Nevada just drop the program

Rest- well Utah State repped

BoyZee overrated again

Aztecs we suck- see OC

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

I don't think Eastern Washington was why the game was moved, lol. You might have noticed your neighbors and Arizona were playing in there last night. That game drew 55,000. But, incidentally, there were no lines at the beer stands. :P

Truth is I had no idea why on E Washington. BYU fans might have made beer sales drop but I’m sure they loaded up on all the junk food and blew up the toilets.

3 hours ago, EZRebel said:

Why oh why indeed?

Oh, that’s right.  Our diversity hire AD (Has-her-way France-what) is no longer here and left a wonderful parting gift of moving our football games to Thursday nights.  Brilliant!

it's absolute insanity.  There's all kinds of mediocre FCS programs out in Texas and the midwest and you guys pick the best FCS program in the PNW.

6 minutes ago, utenation said:

Truth is I had no idea why on E Washington. BYU fans might have made beer sales drop but I’m sure they loaded up on all the junk food and blew up the toilets.

Until UNLV hires an actual coach, we will get pushed around, in more ways than one. 20 years of hiring assistants, Bobby Haucks, etc, will put a program where ours is. If UNLV just once hired someone who actually knew how to coach, we might get a different result than forever going on the cheap.

4 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Until UNLV hires an actual coach, we will get pushed around, in more ways than one. 20 years of hiring assistants, Bobby Haucks, etc, will put a program where ours is. If UNLV just once hired someone who actually knew how to coach, we might get a different result than forever going on the cheap.

You know I like to rattle Rob’s chain but I have no hate towards UNLV.  I think it all starts with the right AD. I think you guys have an attractive enough job to make that happen.

But there is so much luck, good and bad with those hires.

On 9/5/2021 at 12:03 PM, Coog kev said:

Looking forward to it.  UCLA is off next weekend, early.  I hope their lazy off time mentality is classic trap game and what that all forebodes.  Right after Fresno they're at lowly Stanford.  Followed by a visit at ranked Arizona State.  Bruins could be thinking 'meh' until Tempe 3 weeks from now.  I hope so. 

Meanwhile back at the Fresno ranch, Cal Poly should be a blowout.  Just like UConn. 

LOL. C'mon, man.  Fans think this - not players.  Please...   

3 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

3. San Diego state - I think the qb concerns are overblown. They’ve never needed a qb to be a tough out.

They struggled against NMSU, no way they deserve to be this high. The game didn't turn around until the Aggies got a dumb ass personal foul penalty that gave SDSU new life and they managed to start moving the ball as the game went on. Without a legit or passable QB, teams are just going to load the box and dare them to pass. 

5 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

11. Unlv - I don’t want to hear another word about how great it is you get to play in an nfl stadium. No one in Vegas cares. The raiders have been there 4 seconds and gthey’re already bumping your games.

SJSU Attendance in 2021 after winning their first ever MWC Championship: 15,000

UNLV Attendance in 2021 after going 0-6: 22,000

Hmmm.. more people care about UNLV in Las Vegas even when we suck than people in San Jose care about SJSU even when they're great. What a sad, hopeless, pathetic situation SJSU is in. No one will ever care no matter how much they win. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

10 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

SJSU Attendance in 2021 after winning their first ever MWC Championship: 15,000

UNLV Attendance in 2021 after going 0-6: 22,000

Hmmm.. more people care about UNLV in Las Vegas even when we suck than people in San Jose care about SJSU even when they're great. What a sad, hopeless, pathetic situation SJSU is in. No one will ever care no matter how much they win. 

See you October 21. Well, I won’t be there because the raiders don’t want you playing the day before they do. Need to give the place time to air out. I’ll be watching though. 

2 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Yeah, you should how a coach with D-1 coaching experience. 

Signed, 

Colorado State