Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smltwnrckr

SJSU @ USC game thread

I think we're gonna sneak in, make them think we're some sort of idol or something, and then cut their throats while they sleep. 

Or, we're gonna lose by 20.

Spartan Up!

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

image.jpeg.24b130da9dac484bb093436b7a3b4f66.jpeg

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

I'll be at the game today. #15 USC is a 14 point favorite. I think they'll win, but I hope I'm wrong.

Go Spartans! 

I’ve got SJSU and Nevada money line in a four-team parlay.  I think SJSU is going to pull off a shocker against SC.  Our conference needs a boost after the less-than-stellar performances of UNLV and CSU against FCS opponents in week one.  Go Spartans and Wolf Pack.

Hey all! I'm obviously new here. Got into the message board thing after the COVID year and decided to add some new ones this year. Hoping for a blowout 'SC win to keep the nerves down. But with so much returning talent coming back for SJSU this game will probably a lot closer than most think. With so many new faces at the WR position if Slovis can't get in synch with them it could be a long day, and on top of not having a running game last year it'll be interesting to see if they were able to fix that for this year. 

I also enjoy playing other California schools because there's usually some sort of connection or even a "homecoming" for some. WR Trevon Sydney played for the Trojans ('16-'18). TE Derrick Deese Jr.'s father, was an o-lineman at 'SC back in the early 90's. Then our D-Back's coach Donte William's was on staff at SJSU from '13-'15.

Anyway, hoping for a large turnout with some good weather this afternoon. Too bad tailgating and other events were cancelled on campus, but it's good to be back in person for football! 

2022_SOC_AnnounceB1G_Web_1920x1080_58_.jpg

9 hours ago, crixus said:

I'll be at the game today. #15 USC is a 14 point favorite. I think they'll win, but I hope I'm wrong.

Go Spartans! 

I grew up an SC fan but I bought an extra .5 today to make it +14.5 Joser.  SC has been known to come out a little flat in first game.

2 hours ago, Trojan209 said:

Hey all! I'm obviously new here. Got into the message board thing after the COVID year and decided to add some new ones this year. Hoping for a blowout 'SC win to keep the nerves down. But with so much returning talent coming back for SJSU this game will probably a lot closer than most think. With so many new faces at the WR position if Slovis can't get in synch with them it could be a long day, and on top of not having a running game last year it'll be interesting to see if they were able to fix that for this year. 

I also enjoy playing other California schools because there's usually some sort of connection or even a "homecoming" for some. WR Trevon Sydney played for the Trojans ('16-'18). TE Derrick Deese Jr.'s father, was an o-lineman at 'SC back in the early 90's. Then our D-Back's coach Donte William's was on staff at SJSU from '13-'15.

Anyway, hoping for a large turnout with some good weather this afternoon. Too bad tailgating and other events were cancelled on campus, but it's good to be back in person for football! 

Welcome 209, guessing you’re in Stockton. 

Trojan’s have a least 7 players from the bay area.

1 from De La Salle

1 from Arch Bishop Mitty

1 From Los Gatos 

Those 3 that I know of for sure can’t recall the other 4.

7 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Welcome 209, guessing you’re in Stockton. 

Trojan’s have a least 7 players from the bay area.

1 from De La Salle

1 from Arch Bishop Mitty

1 From Los Gatos 

Those 3 that I know of for sure can’t recall the other 4.

Close. Merced. But I work up in Modesto & Stockton. 

Totally forgot to mention those guys:

DL - R-So. - De'jon Benton - Pittsburg HS

OL - R-Fr. - Andres Gewerk - Los Gatos HS

OL - R-Sr. - Jalen McKenzie - Clayton Valley 

TE - R-Sr. - Grant Jones - De La Salle HS

TE - R-Sr. - Erik Krommenhoek - Monte Vista HS

TE - R-So. - Sean Mahoney - Archbishop Mitty HS

WR - R-Fr. - Danny Ryan - St. Ignatius Prep

2022_SOC_AnnounceB1G_Web_1920x1080_58_.jpg

3 minutes ago, Trojan209 said:

Close. Merced. But I work up in Modesto & Stockton. 

Totally forgot to mention those guys:

DL - R-So. - De'jon Benton - Pittsburg HS

OL - R-Fr. - Andres Gewerk - Los Gatos HS

OL - R-Sr. - Jalen McKenzie - Clayton Valley 

TE - R-Sr. - Grant Jones - De La Salle HS

TE - R-Sr. - Erik Krommenhoek - Monte Vista HS

TE - R-So. - Sean Mahoney - Archbishop Mitty HS

WR - R-Fr. - Danny Ryan - St. Ignatius Prep

That’s the list I saw, the families will most likely all be at the game. That’s cool, I stayed in Lathrop about 5 years ago and commuted to Modesto. 

nice goal line stop, but if the D lets them move the ball like that all game it's gonna be a long day.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

+++++...

starkel is off early. but i liked that pressure they're able to get on slovis a bit.