Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

crixus

MWC Volleyball 2021

4 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Spartan Up?

Yeah…that’s the official school saying. Has been for awhile now.  Like Roll Tide. They got rid of the gang sign (it was just the ok 👌 hand signal) a couple years back because it somehow wasn’t PC anymore.  Whatever. 

The Tractor U (for Fresno) goes back to when they had this old local farmer (or maybe Ag employee) that would drive his tractor around the outskirts of the campus all the time for whatever reason. He was always clogging up traffic etc…

I just figured he was cruising for Hefers.

They got rid of that sign because it's been used by the white power movement for many years and I don't want my alma mater being compared to those whack jobs, even if it's by accident. So I'm glad SJSU stopped using it. I like Spartan Up much better. 

👌 The three fingers on top form a W and the one on the bottom and the thumb form a P. The W and a P for white power. I contacted SJSU about it when I first saw them using it because I saw on the news that white power groups were using it. I'm sure other people let the folks at SJSU know too that it was best to stop using it. SJSU is known for it's diversity which is the exact opposite of what those white power nuts want. 

#SpartanUp

Thursday night - Spartans sweep arch rival Bulldogs 3-0 in Fresno. :cheer: SJSU improves to 11-7 overall and 5-3 in MW play.

3 hours ago, crixus said:

They got rid of that sign because it's been used by the white power movement for many years and I don't want my alma mater being compared to those whack jobs, even if it's by accident. So I'm glad SJSU stopped using it. I like Spartan Up much better. 

👌 The three fingers on top form a W and the one on the bottom and the thumb form a P. The W and a P for white power. I contacted SJSU about it when I first saw them using it because I saw on the news that white power groups were using it. I'm sure other people let the folks at SJSU know too that it was best to stop using it. SJSU is known for it's diversity which is the exact opposite of what those white power nuts want. 

#SpartanUp

People see what they want to see. To me it’s the OK sign. Are we not supposed to use the OK sign because a couple jack holes use it for their own thing?  All this is really stupid stuff, but I agree with you that any hand signal is dumb because it’s mostly associated with gang activity, mostly Black gang activity, but also White, Hispanic, Asian, whatever….

None of that has any place at a University.  They mostly do this to try and be hip.  It’s stupid. It’s gang banger crap.

Spartan Up is cool.  I like it. 

Glad the Spartan ladies won.  They are a factor in the league this year. Good stuff!

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

Lobos and UNLV both fall on the road and go from a three way tie for first with CSU to a three way tie for second with USU. Congrats on the victory Rams and Utes’ little sisters. Sparty is hanging in too, congrats.

E45F3798-707F-42FD-BB54-87F47D81B9EE.png.fb473046e43c4cfce5fbe90a24266211.png

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

I thought I heard on a recent broadcast that the MW is bringing back the conference volleyball tournament this year and it will be held in Las Vegas. B) I hope so!

Lobos and Sparty getting ready to mix it up. Lobos coming off of two losses last week going from first to tied for third with Sparty and UNLV. 
Good luck, I hope you will be graceful in a loss. I’d accept not graceful too forthe record. 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

On 10/20/2021 at 3:21 PM, lobo-tomy said:

Lobos and Sparty getting ready to mix it up. Lobos coming off of two losses last week going from first to tied for third with Sparty and UNLV. 
Good luck, I hope you will be graceful in a loss. I’d accept not graceful too forthe record. 

Loss? What loss? You jinxed your own team with that boast. :banana: Thank you! 

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

If CSU manages to hold on and win the regular season crown, it will be because of this match. 3-2 after trailing 2-0. And if you want to see the point that made the difference, fast forward to about 1:10 of this video. An amazing sequence by CSU’s libero Alexa Roumeliotis.

SJSU has won four in a row, they swept Air Force today. :cheer: Alright Spartans!!

SJSU VOLLEYBALL on Twitter

That's 5 conference wins in a row for the Spartans! :cheer:

Big rivalry match this Saturday night October 30th @ 7:00 pm - Uchida Gym, SJSU.

San Jose State University Logo VS Fresno State Logo

https://sjsuspartans.com/sports/2018/7/31/mountain-west-digital-network.aspx

Utah State has a new volleyball coach.  Two years ago we finished dead last in the conference.  Right now, we've won six in a row, and are sitting at second place in the conference.  Looks like a great start for the new guy.  It would be nice to have a competitive program.

On 10/29/2021 at 12:51 AM, LKGates said:

Utah State has a new volleyball coach.  Two years ago we finished dead last in the conference.  Right now, we've won six in a row, and are sitting at second place in the conference.  Looks like a great start for the new guy.  It would be nice to have a competitive program.

We are right there with you with a new volleyball coach of our own as well. Making a huge impact. Congrats!

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!