Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HRam

CSU vs. SDSU game thread

12 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

TBD. The MWC is good or bad based on a single variable IMO. It’s ability to hire and retain coaches. I’d bet Nevada can poach most coaches from the MVC.

And Nevada basketball has made a living off of the transfer market.

We shall see I guess. 

And that's the problem for CSU going forward.

From the day I heard they had hired Addazio, I saw the guy as a poor man's Ted Tollner. Tollner was always a great QBs coach as evidenced by how long he did that in the NFL. However, once elevated to HC at USC, he struggled just to finish above .500 even though he inherited a ton of talent from John Robinson. Then at SDSU he inherited considerable talent from Al Lugenbill and won some initially but things gradually went downhill from there.

Although never close to USC's level, BC had a very good football program for a couple decades until Addazio's predecessor started messing it up. Addazio improved things back to the .500 level or slightly above but there was no reason to think he could do anything more than that at CSU although except for Troy Calhoun, Addazio is making the most money in the MW. For $2M they could have gotten a young up-and-comer from the FCS ranks instead of an FBS reTed.

On 9/3/2021 at 9:49 PM, bornontheblue said:

I’m sure they would do the same to Utah State. The Aggies are certainly no better than the Rams. New Mexico, UNLV , Wyoming . I think South Dakota State could beat all of the above. 

You were saying?

On 9/3/2021 at 10:09 PM, TrueAg said:

How do you know what Utah St. is or isnt? Basing it on covid 2020 results? 

If so, you're going to be sorely disappointed.

:popcorn:

11 hours ago, TrueAg said:

You were saying?

:popcorn:

There is little difference between the top 5 to 7 FCS teams and the bottom 40 percent of FBS.I think you are just threatened because Utah Stste has historically been in that bottom 40 percent , and always will be. You are too dumb to realize that because you beat another shitty team that had also historically been in the bottom 40 % 

have  you been paying any attention in college football this weekend.