Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

What next for the AAC remnants ?

22 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

I love this scenario and look forward to a 9 team MWC which to me is an ideal number of teams. https://www.si.com/college/2021/09/08/big-12-expansion-aac-mike-aresco-reaction

So long Boise, AFA, and CSU o/

(I know it ain't happening... but wish it would)

We would like to leave CSU if this happened.

3 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Yeah, why would the AAC want Boise State? Aresco has been writing them move letters for years. Why would they not want San Diego State or Fresno State? Your elitist attitude is tiring. Your trolling has always been weak sauce but now tour just being annoying just to be annoying.

It’s not trolling nor elitism.  I’m legitimately not sure about Aresco’s interest in looking west anymore.  It’s been a while since he’s talked about it.  Since then, UAB has established itself as the best in its conference and fau has spent more money on its athletics than any non aac g5 program.  App State has won more games than almost anyone in that time period. There’s a few other exciting up and coming programs as well.. There are options that weren’t throughly visible before.  You completely misread me.  

4 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

It’s not trolling nor elitism.  I’m legitimately not sure about Aresco’s interest in looking west anymore.  It’s been a while since he’s talked about it.  Since then, UAB has established itself as the best in its conference and fau has spent more money on its athletics than any non aac g5 program.  App State has won more games than almost anyone in that time period. There’s a few other exciting up and coming programs as well.. There are options that weren’t throughly visible before.  You completely misread me.  

What are talking about? Do you actually just make stuff up as you go? FAU Athletic budget is around $34M and UAB might be the best in the west part of CUSA, but they are not the best in that conference. CUSA east is the better side of that league with WKU, Marshall and FAU ahead of UAB at this point . Also, literally every school with the exception of SJSU ($33M budget) spends over $40M a year and 4 programs (FSU, Boise, SDSU, CSU) spend $50M+. How do you get that FAU is spending more money then any non-AAC G5? Does that just sound good to you? HAHA what a joke. 

Reason why no MWC school will be bailing for the weakened AAC - three simple words "Cost Benefit Analysis" - Cost? Exit fee, increased travel cost. no real increase in TV revenue (not enough to offset the cost of the aforementioned over time).  Benefit? Beats the hell out of me! 

Simple. 

45 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You have no chance at getting Appalachian State. Who are they going to the American to play? Temple?

5 minutes ago, fanhood said:

You have no chance at getting Appalachian State. Who are they going to the American to play? Temple?

Appalachian State/La Tech are a shoe in, perhaps one of the Florida Sun Belters and perhaps 1 or 2 of the C-USA Texas schools, and that's it.  Done.  That's your new AAC.  Then CUSA raids the Sun Belt and the Sun Belt raids the WAC.  Bank on it. 

32 minutes ago, ViAggie said:

Appalachian State/La Tech are a shoe in, perhaps one of the Florida Sun Belters and perhaps 1 or 2 of the C-USA Texas schools, and that's it.  Done.  That's your new AAC.  Then CUSA raids the Sun Belt and the Sun Belt raids the WAC.  Bank on it. 

Nobody is leaving the Sun Belt for the American. The Sun Belt had two ranked teams last weekend, and will likely have three by the end of the year. You are thinking it’s 2010.

If the AAC somehow survives, they add teams from CUSA, as well as powers like UMASS. The best thing the AAC could do for themselves would be to add Liberty, but they likely won’t for woke libtard reasons.

25 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Nobody is leaving the Sun Belt for the American. The Sun Belt had two ranked teams last weekend, and will likely have three by the end of the year. You are thinking it’s 2010.

If the AAC somehow survives, they add teams from CUSA, as well as powers like UMASS. The best thing the AAC could do for themselves would be to add Liberty, but they likely won’t for woke libtard reasons.

that would be like the MWC adding Grand Canyon...it won't end well

mem skyline sig.jpeg

30 minutes ago, fanhood said:

Perhaps its Liberty and their non woke, exclusionary, conservative reasons that are the problem.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

10 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

that would be like the MWC adding Grand Canyon...it won't end well

Not qute. For starters, Grand Canyon would hypothetically balance out Hawaii's fb-only membership.  2.  Grand Canyon is fresh off an NCAA appearance and unlike Liberty, doesn't put out any controversial attitudes. I don't believe the MW brass would have much difficulty getting along with them.

They would be an intriguing addition if the MW ever lets non-fb members in.

21 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Perhaps its Liberty and their non woke, exclusionary, conservative reasons that are the problem.

Nothing more intolerant than the Leftists. We just didn’t see it coming, and were asleep for years. 

if they are smart, they add Liberty. Football potential is off the charts.

1 minute ago, fanhood said:

Nothing more intolerant than the Leftists. We just didn’t see it coming, and were asleep for years. 

Yeah, inner cities are def not filled with multiculturalism. Its conservatives in rural and homogenous regions that are most accepting. Yessir.

31 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Yeah, inner cities are def not filled with multiculturalism. Its conservatives in rural and homogenous regions that are most accepting. Yessir.

The intolerance of the tolerant has always been so fascinating. 

I too was fooled in my younger years. I still remember voting “Yes” on Proposition 8 back in 2008. Seemed like the right thing to do. Little did I know that would beget “Drag Queen Story hour” and “menstruating persons.”

The AAC should add Liberty. 

1 hour ago, jdgaucho said:

Not qute. For starters, Grand Canyon would hypothetically balance out Hawaii's fb-only membership.  2.  Grand Canyon is fresh off an NCAA appearance and unlike Liberty, doesn't put out any controversial attitudes. I don't believe the MW brass would have much difficulty getting along with them.

They would be an intriguing addition if the MW ever lets non-fb members in.

Grand Canyon used to be a baseball member of the WAC in the 90's alongside many current MWC teams.

1 hour ago, fanhood said:

The intolerance of the tolerant has always been so fascinating. 

I too was fooled in my younger years. I still remember voting “Yes” on Proposition 8 back in 2008. Seemed like the right thing to do. Little did I know that would beget “Drag Queen Story hour” and “menstruating persons.”

The AAC should add Liberty. 

So you are intolerant, cool got it. 

2 hours ago, fanhood said:

Lemmee see if I read you right.

Historically Comservative Institutions have lawfully and willingly locked out and excluded minorities of every stripe. Now that these Minority coalitions are in the majority and ask these Old School Bastions of White-male, hetero, conservativism to adapt in order to play in their crib, the old Racists scream, "Nazis !". And you bite.

Got it.

It obviously works for you.

gtfo

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

2 hours ago, AztecSU said:

The multi-cultural burning of cities this past summer in the name of “anti-racism” was very tolerant. I want to get some of that tolerance, baby.

if I was the AAC, I would add Liberty. It’s a no-brainer.

22 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Lemmee see if I read you right.

Historically Comservative Institutions have lawfully and willingly locked out and excluded minorities of every stripe. Now that these Minority coalitions are in the majority and ask these Old School Bastions of White-male, hetero, conservativism to adapt in order to play in their crib, the old Racists scream, "Nazis !". And you bite.

Got it.

It obviously works for you.

gtfo

This is so dumb and “tolerant” it makes my head hurt. Next thing you know, you are going to tell me the parties switched sometime around 1964, right?

It’s ok, you likely were educated in California public schools, like I was. You just didn’t have good parents, and a brain to help you educate yourself properly. It’s not your fault. You are just “tolerant.” My guess is, Liberty Football forgives you. Go Flames!