Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spaztecs

What next for the AAC remnants ?

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Why you acting like this woosh clown making this thread more dumb?

Because it is fun for me.  Isn't that why you post?  For enjoyment?

So, who does Boise threaten to take with us so we can get a more fair  share of the T.V. contract.  I think if we are all being honest we know Boise should be getting around an extra 5.4 mil, instead of 1.8.

1 hour ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Money, visibility, opportunity, money.

You really believe that what ever advantage the aac claimed to have contract wise, is still going to be the same now that the top 3 teams there are gone? That tv contract is going to get renegotiated downward, as soon as the ink dries on the full invite move to the Big12. Houston, Cincinnati, and UCF are/were arguably the biggest part of the football cache for the aac. 

No MWC school is gonna give any credence to, or even take, an aac phone call, let alone an offer from them!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

1 minute ago, jdgaucho said:

No better way of scaring off a couple AAC leftovers from coming here, than by attempting to strong-arm your current conference mates into a more lopsided deal.  Big gamble Boise would be making.

That's fine.  The only school that would be worth adding is Memphis, and I am not a fan of being stabbed walking to the stadium.

57 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

You really believe that what ever advantage the aac claimed to have contract wise, is still going to be the same now that the top 3 teams there are gone? That tv contract is going to get renegotiated downward, as soon as the ink dries on the full invite move to the Big12. Houston, Cincinnati, and UCF are/were arguably the biggest part of the football cache for the aac. 

No MWC school is gonna give any credence to, or even take, an aac phone call, let alone an offer from them!

Money comes in different ways. They’ll get more money from tournament credits than Boise’s sweetheart deal, for example.  That will still happen in the new aac.  Whether the aac looks east or west for expansion they’ll still be in the drivers seat for the NY6, again more money collectively than the sweetheart deal.  Of course, prime time tv spots on networks increases visibility for schools and the higher engagement following gives much higher NIL opportunities for players that the MWC doesn’t get.  That is the biggest benefit over the MWC and many here just don’t want to believe it.  It’s worth more than all the money in both conference media deals combined.   And yes, the new aac media contract will still be higher.  It’s just a better conference.  It’s just a matter of whether you’re ok with the status quo.  If not then make changes, it won’t be worse than the MWC in any way, so why not join the conference that’s supplying the opportunity for upward movement? I can guarantee that not only are there MW schools interested in the aac but that they’ve already contacted the aac.  I’m not seeing a need to convince anyone of the move because there’s already a line wanting to join.

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Conway and Myrtle Beach is not a location. You wanna know why there are so many dolphins at Myrtle and why the water is so foggy? There is sewage that flows close to Georgetown into the Atlantic that goes right through Myrtle. Human waste attracts fish which attracts the dolphins. It's nasty.

They don't even get 20,000 attendence in football. IMO if you can't get 25,000 on average a game you need to drop football. That includes MWC teams.

The Gulf Stream is what causes the warm water and brings the higher oxygenation and wildlife.  Coastal is small but nice.  And I happen to like college baseball and they’re a power.  

6 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The only smart people are the MWC message board posters.  All other logic be darned.

Care to make a bet then? If the AAC poaches the MWC I leave the board forever if not you leave the board forever.

27 minutes ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Everyone thinks it but the MWC.

At best, will be “raiding” CUSA, while adding Liberty and UMASS from the ranks of the Independents. If you think they are stealing anyone from the MW or Sun Belt, you are a fool.

as I said, it is more likely that SMU and Memphis join the MW, with ECU and Tulane joining the Sun Belt, than the vaunted AAC leftovers poach from those two.

1 hour ago, fanhood said:

At best, will be “raiding” CUSA, while adding Liberty and UMASS from the ranks of the Independents. If you think they are stealing anyone from the MW or Sun Belt, you are a fool.

as I said, it is more likely that SMU and Memphis join the MW, with ECU and Tulane joining the Sun Belt, than the vaunted AAC leftovers poach from those two.

Give the guy a break.  Just a couple weeks ago the AAC was going to add leftover Big XII teams.  His record of false takes speaks for itself.

v0icAvfW.jpg

4 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I’m not sure the aac would welcome any MWC members at this point so let’s alter it to verifiable rumors of a MWC school being interested and you have yourself a bet!

The AAC will be lucky if they can poach from CUSA and the MAC.  Right now, they are the 4th best G5 conference.

8 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

The only smart people are the MWC message board posters.  All other logic be darned.

We all know that's not true.

You're a MWC message board poster.

It gives me a headache just trying to think down to your level

13 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Who should we take with us?  I say CSU, SDSU and UNLV.

Again with the CS-Ewe, Southern Nevada CC b.s.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

10 hours ago, jewelz4562000 said:

LMAO at media thinking the AAC is going to be raiding. Nobody is joining that pile of garbage. But of course the media, guys like thamel still blowing them

I have a feeling App State, Liberty, and other FB schools will be banging on the door.

Americans Mayor

9 hours ago, UNLVFan90 said:

Care to make a bet then? If the AAC poaches the MWC I leave the board forever if not you leave the board forever.

What if there's a tie ?

Do you both leave ?

Americans Mayor

20 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

I love this scenario and look forward to a 9 team MWC which to me is an ideal number of teams. https://www.si.com/college/2021/09/08/big-12-expansion-aac-mike-aresco-reaction

So long Boise, AFA, and CSU o/

(I know it ain't happening... but wish it would)

IF another New12 expansion occurs, I don't see any Front Range schools going. What do they have to offer ?

Nada.  Zip.  Zero. Zilch.

Even Boy-Z is a stretch. To remote. Small market and fanbase.  They probably go Indy simply because they gotta Boise. Fine by me. Enjoy your bus league B-ball schedule in the Big West.

SUDS probably doesn't make the cut either because of location. Their natural home has always been the WAC/MW.

Americans Mayor