Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Boise State v Central Florida Game Thread

I thought there were some puzzling things about the Boise State depth chart that was released yesterday for the UCF game.

First among those puzzling things was that 6th year Senior Donte Harrington was listed as the starting Center over returning starter Kenaniokoa Homolia-Gonzalez.  And there was no "OR" involved.  It was Harrington 1st string and K.H.G. 2nd string.

And secondly Texas Tech transfer Will Farrar was listed as an OR with returning starter Garrett Curran at LG

Then there's the fact that RS JR Keegan Freeborn is not mentioned at all at NG or DT

And 5th year Senior Aisa Kelemete is listed as the backup to Shane Irwin at DE when Kelemete, in FOUR YEARS has done exactly SQUAT at Boise State.

E-N36SNWUAIKZSQ.jpg

22 minutes ago, Bronco7454 said:

I thought there were some puzzling things about the Boise State depth chart that was released yesterday for the UCF game.

First among those puzzling things was that 6th year Senior Donte Harrington was listed as the starting Center over returning starter Kenaniokoa Homolia-Gonzalez.  And there was no "OR" involved.  It was Harrington 1st string and K.H.G. 2nd string.

And secondly Texas Tech transfer Will Farrar was listed as an OR with returning starter Garrett Curran at LG

Then there's the fact that RS JR Keegan Freeborn is not mentioned at all at NG or DT

And 5th year Senior Aisa Kelemete is listed as the backup to Shane Irwin at DE when Kelemete, in FOUR YEARS has done exactly SQUAT at Boise State.

Kelemete - injury plagued career - could finally be healthy? Wonder how much DL rotates.  Seems to be a gap between the 1s and 2s at DE/EDGE but not so wide a gap on the interior DL.

KHG and Harrington have gone back and forth the last 3 years...not too surprising now that Harrington is healthy (heard a rumor that KHG may not be 100%, too).

Farrar as good as Curran is good news.

Freeborn and Gums will see the field, but those positions are deep right now.

You didn't mention OE as WR1 - the hype is realized.  CT Thomas (#2 WR last year) is now a backup, I'm guessing due to the fact he missed half of fall camp with Covid.

True freshman safety Seyi Oladipo and quarterback Taylen Green are the only ones who traveled with the team.  Also only 2 R-Fr on the depth chart.

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Kelemete - injury plagued career - could finally be healthy? Wonder how much DL rotates.  Seems to be a gap between the 1s and 2s at DE/EDGE but not so wide a gap on the interior DL.

KHG and Harrington have gone back and forth the last 3 years...not too surprising now that Harrington is healthy (heard a rumor that KHG may not be 100%, too).

Farrar as good as Curran is good news.

Freeborn and Gums will see the field, but those positions are deep right now.

You didn't mention OE as WR1 - the hype is realized.  CT Thomas (#2 WR last year) is now a backup, I'm guessing due to the fact he missed half of fall camp with Covid.

True freshman safety Seyi Oladipo and quarterback Taylen Green are the only ones who traveled with the team.  Also only 2 R-Fr on the depth chart.

I didn't mention OE as WR1 because it was not at all puzzling - not to me at least.   OE has also been plagued with injury problems but his name has always been in the mix as a starter at one of the three WR spots.  I figured it would be either Evans or Thomas as one of the three starters - with Shakir and Cobbs.

Kelemete being described as "injury plagued career" might just be the understatement of all understatements.  He was very highly touted coming out of H.S. and as mentioned previously in FOUR YEARS at Boise State he has done NOTHING.

4 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

the one that continues to decline=yours

I'm not seeing a ton of confidence in this game.  Still likely will play into the MWC championship game though.

For the record Boise's secondary depth is really suspect IMO.  Teams like UCF/Nevada/BYU/OK St could have a field day if covid and/or injuries start to become a factor back there.

image.png.fe40e0e8caf9167d55f1b86b84a59e9f.png

14 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

about to see if all the typical hype is real or like current years=over promoted....

Boise state has more top 25 finishes in the past 4 years than SDSU has in their programs history and are one year removed from back to back conference championships.