Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndroidAggie

joe rogan has covid and has (is?) taken (ing?) ivermectin

10 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

image.png.f5b83c860c431564586641ee64f8661f.png

Do you understand how long it normally takes for a drug to receive FDA approval? It's 10.5 years of Phase I, II, and III clinical studies. The vaccine getting fast-tracked to FDA approval means nothing. What people are 'bitching' about is the 'possibility' unknown/long-term side effects of the vaccine. What the vaccine can do to he body in 2-10.5 years from now is unknown, as the accumulation of that data is ongoing. People can sneer at others being wary of that fact all they want---it will never change that fact. So groaning about how the vaccine getting a bureaucratic rubber stamp should've somehow persuaded the vaccine-hesitant is about as smooth brained of a take as you can make. lol.

Anti - vaxxers:

screaming yoko ono GIF

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

3 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Hydroxycloquine is a fine drug for what it was intended to do — I’m guessing. The problem is that people develop scams to take advantage of people too lazy to read and here we are. 

Modern day snake oil and patent cure salesmen. Humanity is so easily duped.

Americans Mayor

22 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Yes, but what takes so long IS NOT THE SCIENCE it’s the funding and navigating the FDA bureaucracy. The science happens really fast. What Trump’s Operation Warp speed did, and yes, i give him credit for it, was pump a huge amount of money into the funding and put the vaccines at the front of the FDA approval line. mRNA vaccines have been around since 2008 and there have been thousands of studies done on them.

Also, drugs are very different from vaccines because drugs are taken on an ongoing basis. The negative effects from a drug that you’re taking every day for months or years can show up way down the line. The vast, vast, VAST majority of negative Vaccine reactions take place within hours of being given the vaccine. It’s one shot! Not an going daily ingestion of a drug that can have long term side effects.

And the rate of adverse side effects were the same as adverse effects in the placebo arms of the 11 tested vaccine trials.

29 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Yes, but what takes so long IS NOT THE SCIENCE it’s the funding and navigating the FDA bureaucracy. The science happens really fast. What Trump’s Operation Warp speed did, and yes, i give him credit for it, was pump a huge amount of money into the funding and put the vaccines at the front of the FDA approval line. mRNA vaccines have been around since 2008 and there have been thousands of studies done on them.

Also, drugs are very different from vaccines because drugs are taken on an ongoing basis. The negative effects from a drug that you’re taking every day for months or years can show up way down the line. The vast, vast, VAST majority of negative Vaccine reactions take place within hours of being given the vaccine. It’s one shot! Not an going daily ingestion of a drug that can have long term side effects.

It’s a single payload that is expelled from the body rather quickly.  Amazing how so many think it can cause problems months down the line.  😂 

v0icAvfW.jpg

14 minutes ago, Bob said:

Monoclonal was vilified by Fauci until it was praised by fauci a couple weeks ago. It was Bro Science until very recently.

No, it wasn't bro science.  Bro science is lift weights, take supplements, fugg chicks.  Not take a medicine that is under the same EUA level of approval as JJ or Moderna for COVID.  

1 hour ago, Bob said:

Monoclonal was vilified by Fauci until it was praised by fauci a couple weeks ago. It was Bro Science until very recently.

Wrong answer again.

This was last September.  A year ago.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-26/early-covid-treatments-could-be-bridge-to-vaccine-fauci-says

Monoclonal antibodies that stop the coronavirus from spreading in the body are among promising strategies for averting severe illness from Covid-19 before vaccines arrive, said Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

This was in March.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-03-12-21/h_dc52942d88b7727533de89f0dee45e4e

While monoclonal antibodies are a “very fluid area of research,” many of these Covid-19 treatments show “really dramatic” results that help fight the disease, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Friday at the White House Covid-19 Response Team briefing.

Fauci referenced a number of recent studies that showed how much help these treatments offer Covid-19 patients early in the course of their disease. They are some of the only treatments authorized by the US Food and Drug Administration to treat non-hospitalized Covid-19 patients, and they are still underutilized.

“The reason why I point this out is that, recently, there has been a considerable amount of information regarding some of the monoclonal antibodies that are used in the prevention and treatment of Covid-19,” Fauci said.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

11 minutes ago, RSF said:

Wrong answer again.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-26/early-covid-treatments-could-be-bridge-to-vaccine-fauci-says

Monoclonal antibodies that stop the coronavirus from spreading in the body are among promising strategies for averting severe illness from Covid-19 before vaccines arrive, said Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

This was in March.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-03-12-21/h_dc52942d88b7727533de89f0dee45e4e

While monoclonal antibodies are a “very fluid area of research,” many of these Covid-19 treatments show “really dramatic” results that help fight the disease, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said Friday at the White House Covid-19 Response Team briefing.

Fauci referenced a number of recent studies that showed how much help these treatments offer Covid-19 patients early in the course of their disease. They are some of the only treatments authorized by the US Food and Drug Administration to treat non-hospitalized Covid-19 patients, and they are still underutilized.

“The reason why I point this out is that, recently, there has been a considerable amount of information regarding some of the monoclonal antibodies that are used in the prevention and treatment of Covid-19,” Fauci said.

So, his facebook and twitter feeds have been fibbing to him?!?!?!  But his chart guy seems so unbiased...

2 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Anti - vaxxers:

screaming yoko ono GIF

I'm not anti-vax. I'll get the Novavax when it's available. I had asymptomatic COVID awhile back, I have natural antibodies-- I'm fine to wait for my booster if needed.

I've made my stance clear: I'm not anti-vax, I'm ANTI-coersive universal-max measures. They're approaching authoritarian. You have people (including a few cold blooded folks on this board) wishing harm or harsh penalties on those who simply want body autonomy.

Most people should be vaccinated, the vaccine has saved alot of lives. On the other hand just plain dismissing alternative COVID treatments for people who are healthy with no underlying health problems is  stupid.  

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

9 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

I'm not anti-vax. I'll get the Novavax when it's available. I had asymptomatic COVID awhile back, I have natural antibodies-- I'm fine to wait for my booster if needed.

I've made my stance clear: I'm not anti-vax, I'm ANTI-coersive universal-max measures. They're approaching authoritarian. You have people (including a few cold blooded folks on this board) wishing harm or harsh penalties on those who simply want body autonomy.

Most people should be vaccinated, the vaccine has saved alot of lives. On the other hand just plain dismissing alternative COVID treatments for people who are healthy with no underlying health problems is  stupid.  

Agreed mostly, but it is the unvaxxed who are filling up ICU's. While those who are awaiting necessary and life savings ae procedures are turned away.

It is the un Vaxxed who are seeking out Snake Oil salesman, charlatans, and Patent Medicine cures.

Which is worse ?

Encouraging people to get vaxxed or putting up with a bunch of lunkheads who make the situation worse ?

Americans Mayor

- The American Medical Association (AMA) is calling for the "immediate end" to the use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19. Those silly doctors and their evidence based medical care.
- Merck, the maker of Ivermectin had this to say, "No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies;  No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and; A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies."

2 minutes ago, Spaztecs said:

Agreed mostly, but it is the unvaxxed who are filling up ICU's. While those who are awaiting necessary and life savings ae procedures are turned away.

It is the un Vaxxed who are seeking out Snake Oil salesman, charlatans, and Patent Medicine cures.

Which is worse ?

Encouraging people to get vaxxed or putting up with a bunch of lunkheads who make the situation worse ?

Encouraging and mandate are not one and the same.  Encouraging brings frustration, mandate brings a whole other set of emotions, and some have reason behind it.  Now, do I think this is well-overblown and folks are using rare incidents and one-off anecdotes to boost their confidence in being irrational?  Yes.  But that is an opinion, and I don't want to truly push mine on others, though I will speak on my opinion when the conversation is there, but forcing is not something I see as an overly successful tactic.  

4 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

- The American Medical Association (AMA) is calling for the "immediate end" to the use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19. Those silly doctors and their evidence based medical care.
- Merck, the maker of Ivermectin had this to say, "No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies;  No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and; A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies."

Deep State, obviously.

1 hour ago, Spaztecs said:

Which is worse ?

ICU beds are still filling up in countries that are way more vaccinated than us. They're leading the world in cases per day per capita. Israel for example released a report that fully vaccinated were among 60% of those hospitalized. Let's not stray away from the fact that the vast, vast majority of people who are hospitalized over COVID were already hospitalized, in hospice care, or had a severe underling health condition.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/08/31/covid-israel-hospitalization-rates-simpsons-paradox/

Btw the only entity attempting to make a dime on Ivermectin is Pfizer trying to use it in their "COVID Pill" they're working in taking to market.

https://trialsitenews.com/pfizers-phase-2-3-covid-pill-study-reveals-potential-antiviral-treatment-pf-07321332-under-investigation/?fbclid=IwAR1M18QoMbQ2jpasXTZlPECSoU8FAaiK4pE7c8PhTD_MeZKRsL9caKuX8Ug

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

ICU beds are still filling up in countries that are way more vaccinated than us. They're leading the world in cases per day per capita. Israel for example released a report that fully vaccinated were among 60% of those hospitalized. Let's not stray away from the fact that the vast, vast majority of people who are hospitalized over COVID were already hospitalized, in hospice care, or had a severe underling health condition.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2021/08/31/covid-israel-hospitalization-rates-simpsons-paradox/

Btw the only entity attempting to make a dime on Ivermectin is Pfizer trying to use it in their "COVID Pill" they're working in taking to market.

https://trialsitenews.com/pfizers-phase-2-3-covid-pill-study-reveals-potential-antiviral-treatment-pf-07321332-under-investigation/?fbclid=IwAR1M18QoMbQ2jpasXTZlPECSoU8FAaiK4pE7c8PhTD_MeZKRsL9caKuX8Ug

I know how you like to really wrap your hands around some hard data. :ph34r:

Here is Saaaaaaaaaan Diego [/Burgundy], we have approx 2.2 million of our wonderful, intelligent denizens fully vaccinated, leaving approx. 630K holdouts from our 12+ population of 2.83 million.

As per today's U-T, over the last week there were 49 COVID deaths in the SDC (including two people in their 40s wth zero comorbidities). Only four of those were fully vaccinated (Link).

And as per the county's data, of those hospitalized with COVID, the hospitalization rate for those who were not fully vaccinated was 860% higher than it was for those who were fully vaccinated:

Screen-Shot-2021-09-02-at-12-34-32-PM.pn

Link

So out of the 49 people (each day, on average) in greater San Diego in the hospital, less than one was fully vaccinated. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

And as far as the efficacy of the vaccination in preventing infections?

Of the approx. 159,000 cases confirmed in San Diego (County) since Jan 1, more than 92% (146,542) were not fully vaccinated, while only 8% (12,227) were.

Screen-Shot-2021-09-02-at-2-30-23-PM.png

So while 75% of the population s fully vaccinated, the 25% who are not fully vaccinated have made up over 92% of all COVID cases and approx. 95% of all hospitalizations. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 9/2/2021 at 9:20 AM, RSF said:

Wrong answer again.

This was in March.

Gee, Bob got his facts wrong from some wingnut website? Shocking…

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

It’s funny how Ivermectin and Hydoxychloroquine work in every country except the US. 

It’s funny how hospitalizations have the majority of people who are vaccinated but not in the US.  I don’t buy the media narrative that 95% of the hospitalizations are non-vaccinated people.