Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old_Sparty1857

USC game day protocols

https://we-are.usc.edu/2021/08/25/8-25-game-day-and-coliseum-update/

No tailgating on campus.  Must wear masks during the game even if vaccinated. Can’t walk on campus without verification. 

This is definitely going to hurt their attendance.  SJSU had to cancel their Alumni tailgate that was to be held on the USC campus.  Add in a warm afternoon and I’m rethinking whether I want to attend the game this weekend.  

Hot + Mask - Tailgating = doesn’t sound all that fun. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

There is no way they are going to be able to be a mask police to all of those people. Wear it going in to the stadium and inside restrooms. The rest of the time keep it in your pocket just in case. 

This is 26,604 fans?  #FresnopullingaMiami

Fresno.jpg

2 hours ago, Old_Sparty1857 said:

Hopefully a ton of USC fans feel the same way, and their team is disjointed because of it. 

On 9/1/2021 at 3:51 PM, calvegas04 said:

usc has terrible fans to start with. The stadium would be half full at best without covid 

Ummm....ok? ...I guess.  Lol

Have you ever been to a USC game?

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 9/1/2021 at 12:20 PM, Old_Sparty1857 said:

https://we-are.usc.edu/2021/08/25/8-25-game-day-and-coliseum-update/

No tailgating on campus.  Must wear masks during the game even if vaccinated. Can’t walk on campus without verification. 

This is definitely going to hurt their attendance.  SJSU had to cancel their Alumni tailgate that was to be held on the USC campus.  Add in a warm afternoon and I’m rethinking whether I want to attend the game this weekend.  

Bummer, I went to my first USC game and tailgate a couple years ago and it was an awesome experience. The whole campus is a big tailgate and lots of fun.

I really think SJSU can win this one, it would be huge for the conference!

I’m making the final call on buying tickets tomorrow. Covid protocols won’t factor into the decision. They amount to minor inconveniences and are a small price to pay in exchange for a safer experience. 

8 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Hey Sparta, it’s up to us to salvage the weekend. You guys got a taller order but then again, you’re the defending champs.

mighty-ducks-fist-bump.gif

Yep, this conference runs through Reno and San Jose now, Boise had a nice run :D.

22 hours ago, calvegas04 said:

Have you? Unless traveling fans like Notre Dame fill up the stadium it's never close to full. 

Not sure where you came up with that. USC has had top 25 national attendance rankings 9 out of 10 years between 2010-2019. They ranked 1st in attendance in the PAC-12 7 out of 10 years and 2nd the other 3 years. They've averaged 72,036 fans over that entire timespan and 66,261 fans between 2015-2019. 

2022_SOC_AnnounceB1G_Web_1920x1080_58_.jpg

3 minutes ago, Trojan209 said:

Not sure where you came up with that. USC has had top 25 national attendance rankings 9 out of 10 years between 2010-2019. They ranked 1st in attendance in the PAC-12 7 out of 10 years and 2nd the other 3 years. They've averaged 72,036 fans over that entire timespan and 66,261 fans between 2015-2019. 

Oregon at USC in 2019, announced crowd of 63k.... actual crowd

The Oregon-USC game this season kicked off to a less-than full crowd in Los Angeles.

usc has a terrible fan base considering their past success

1 hour ago, calvegas04 said:

Oregon at USC in 2019, announced crowd of 63k.... actual crowd

The Oregon-USC game this season kicked off to a less-than full crowd in Los Angeles.

usc has a terrible fan base considering their past success

Every teams announced crowd is different from actual butts in the seats. UCLA had to donate tickets to military families and local high schools for the LSU game today. A few donors bought the remaining tickets for Nebraska to keep the sellout streak alive. Nick Saban has called out the student section for not showing up en masse for games. An article from 2020 showed that attendance was at a historic low, and 4 of 5 P5 conferences saw attendance declines. 

CFB Attendance

2022_SOC_AnnounceB1G_Web_1920x1080_58_.jpg

2 minutes ago, Trojan209 said:

Every teams announced crowd is different from actual butts in the seats. UCLA had to donate tickets to military families and local high schools for the LSU game today. A few donors bought the remaining tickets for Nebraska to keep the sellout streak alive. Nick Saban has called out the student section for not showing up en masse for games. An article from 2020 showed that attendance was at a historic low, and 4 of 5 P5 conferences saw attendance declines. 

CFB Attendance

Thank you for admitting that usc can't fill seats