Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

POLL: Who is most likely to lose their FCS game this week?

POLL: Who is going to lose against FCS team this week?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which MWC team this week is most likely to lose against an FCS team?

• UNM vs Houston Baptist
    • UNLV vs. Eastern Washington
    • CSU vs. South Dakota State
    • Wyoming vs. Montana State
    • Air Force vs. Lafayette
    • Hawaii vs. Portland State

This could be a rough week for the MWC.

I think South Dakota State is going to roll CSU.  The Jackrabbits played in the FCS title game and lost by 2. Earlier in the spring they rushed for 300+ yards against NDSU.  They can pound the rock.

Also think EWU will be able to keep pace with UNLV. The Eagles have a mobile dual-threat QB that is Preseason FCS All-American (and preseason Big Sky MVP). He's averaging 360 yards per game (combined passing/rushing) over the last 19 games.

Montana State is a trap game for Wyoming as well - with Brent Vigen as MSU's HC.  They didn't play in the spring (or last fall) so are a big unknown.  Brought in an OC from Oregon, so might not be the same boring ball control offense we are used to from Vigen?  I do think Wyoming will control the Bobcats at the LOS and win easily, but if they have trouble finishing drives it could be too close for comfort.

Feels good not to be sweating our FCS game. Though, I still think some of us long time trauma survivors, I mean spartan fans, were half expecting us to drop ours this year for old time sake.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

37 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Montana State is a trap game for Wyoming as well - with Brent Vigen as MSU's HC.  They didn't play in the spring (or last fall) so are a big unknown.  Brought in an OC from Oregon, so might not be the same boring ball control offense we are used to from Vigen?  I do think Wyoming will control the Bobcats at the LOS and win easily, but if they have trouble finishing drives it could be too close for comfort.

I was thinking of doing this so we could all pile on a fan base and give them a hard time... but when I looked at all the matchups, I realized there actually are some pretty competitive matchups this week.

Agree with Wyoming. But Bohl seems to get the team fired up and focused for season openers lately (win vs. Mizzou in 19, overtime vs. Nevada last year despite Chambers going down on 3rd play). He's a gentleman, so he'll let Vigen keep it close though. Could turn into a loss depending on turnover luck.

Yeah wtf are mid/bottom MW teams playing the top of fcs for? I would be happy with a spilt in the CSU/UNLV games but honestly would not be shocked if we go 0-2 in those games.

Any other loses would be horrible. I get Wyoming is also playing a top 15 fcs team BUT I put WY a level above CSU/UNLV so they have no business losing that game.

Any FCS losses would cement our position as the #3 G5 conference (Sun Belt is going to be really good again this year).

UNLV and CSU have really tough match ups to start the season. 2 FCS losses would be disastrous.

5923508649007_bestsuperbowlpicture.jpg.3d879e07e88f2c9ecd15a44ed82786a3.jpg

18 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

If Vigen decides to control the offense like he did here, then it won't be pretty.

17 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

(1) I picked unlv at first, but now I’m leaning Colorado state. (2) I had forgotten that South Dakota state nearly won the fcs championship without their starting quarterback. 

(1) Same here

(2) What I had forgotten is that CSU is coached by Steve Addazio

40 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

(1) Same here

(2) What I had forgotten is that CSU is coached by Steve Addazio

When are these teams going to learn that outside wide receivers coaches are where the real talent is