Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Eastern Washington at UNLV

46 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Just under 22k for game 1 btw, @Headbutt

image.png.52d05e88415685144b8f766b65182722.png

Im definitely coming to Vegas for the SDSU tilt. The scalpers will be paying people to take the tickets by then.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

55 minutes ago, idkk said:

He won't even say that he's going to be the QB going forward: 

What decision is there to make? Roll with Brumfield.

This guy is such a clown.  That or he’s just waiting for Martell to be cleared.  Either way, still a clown.  

1 minute ago, TheJackel said:

This guy is such a clown.  That or he’s just waiting for Martell to be cleared.  Either way, still a clown.  

As much as I want to see Martell vs. Starkel in October, you guys need to roll with the hot hand NOW and that's Brumfield. 

4 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

UNLV can't get out of it's own way. I was trying to remember the last time we hired a football coach with actual FBS head coaching experience. Arroyo, Sanchez, Hauck.. must have been Sanford? Who am I forgetting, lol. It's just pretty sad when even I know what play is going to happen next.

Sad that it took Arroyo so long to see it, when Caleb Herring called it 2 days ago. Not a confidence builder, by any stretch.

John Robinson!

7 hours ago, unionman said:

vegass has never been good in football and the state of Nevada has been just fine.

Correction, "Lower Nevada."

Conversely Nevada has been fine>Great!

In UNLV's defense 

-Looks like they found their QB

-EWU is actually a pretty decent team. They would probably finish in the middle of the pack in the MW. So not your typical fcs loss.

Still sucks though (especially with BSU also losing). Felt bad for you on the tipped 2 pt conversion. At the same time EWU messed up the end of regulation so you got a bit lucky even to get it to OT. 

4 hours ago, Spaztecs said:

Im definitely coming to Vegas for the SDSU tilt. The scalpers will be paying people to take the tickets by then.

Lol. That game is at the end of the season, and at same time UNLV basketball plays Michigan. Where do you think UNLV fans are going to be? 

7 hours ago, EZRebel said:

So population determines wins?

Sounds logical.

I bet the Eagles quarterback is better than most of the MW’s.

That's what drives me nuts about UNLV. That guy is little, doesn't look the part, but he's highly skilled. He's a better football player, but UNLV would rather get unskilled 6'4" stiffs they can't throw because they look like D-1 players at the airport, I guess.

6 minutes ago, toonkee said:

That's what drives me nuts about UNLV. That guy is little, doesn't look the part, but he's highly skilled. He's a better football player, but UNLV would rather get unskilled 6'4" stiffs they can't throw because they look like D-1 players at the airport, I guess.

Doug Brumfield has talent but needs refinement.  He can be an all-conference player if developed properly.  He would likely land at a P5 school if he transferred.

28 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Doug Brumfield has talent but needs refinement.  He can be an all-conference player if developed properly.  He would likely land at a P5 school if he transferred.

I think he is referring to Justin Rogers. Brumfield just showed that he can play, and SHOULD be the starter going forward, but I wouldn't bet the farm on what Arroyo will do.

And pretty sure we will still see Tate Martell in the mix.

44 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Maybe, but I know we lost last night to a skilled guy half his size and that he's better than any quarterback we've had in quite a while. 

6 hours ago, Anon5251042 said:

If UC Davis can beef up their budgets (particularly their Non-subsidies category), win more games in Football and/or Basketball, invest in their athletic facilities, and perhaps get entire city of Sacramento rallying behind them they can be a wonderful asset to the MWC. Add it or NMSU into the MWC if Boise ever goes the Indy.

Yeah Davis could be a great candidate if they ever get their shit together. Hawkins seems to be on the right path.

1 hour ago, thedude15 said:

In UNLV's defense 

-Looks like they found their QB

-EWU is actually a pretty decent team. They would probably finish in the middle of the pack in the MW. So not your typical fcs loss.

Still sucks though (especially with BSU also losing). Felt bad for you on the tipped 2 pt conversion. At the same time EWU messed up the end of regulation so you got a bit lucky even to get it to OT. 

If EWU needed overtime to beat UNLV, I highly doubt they would finish in the middle of the pack in the MW. 

1 hour ago, toonkee said:

We are best in the MWC at dancing around and posing for the camera on the practice field.  But hey, if we're gonna lose and be dogshit, we might as well look good while doing it I guess.