Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

702Canary

Ted Lasso

48 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

What is it on? 

Apple TV.  If you have an iPhone or T-Mobile you get it free.  Otherwise it's 4.99/mo.

Watch it from the start of season 1.  Episodes only 30 mins so you can plow thru it quick.    Season 2 just started.

1 hour ago, grandjean87 said:

My wife has been streaming in the evening, but I usually get my miles in late afternoon and early eve then enjoy the perfect late summer evenings. I’ll catch up or get her to rewatch. Have heard only really good things.  

Google it an read the reviews.  It's a really special show.  Broke the record w. 20 Emmy nominations

Yes, it's been fun so far. 

Spoiler

I'm very curious to see what becomes of Ted's mental health breakdowns, how that is integral to the show, which I think it might become.

44 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Just started it last night. It’s every bit as good as I’d heard.

Awesome.  I was hesitatnt at first bc it sounded kind of lame from the description.  Now even my mom who hates soccer, loves it bc it's not about soccer just like Dallas wasn't about ranchers.  The Darts scene....

3 hours ago, 702Canary said:

Awesome.  I was hesitatnt at first bc it sounded kind of lame from the description.  Now even my mom who hates soccer, loves it bc it's not about soccer just like Dallas wasn't about ranchers.  The Darts scene....

It’s fun and funny, everything I’d been told. If we’re going to keep ripping off old ideas (major league) this is the perfect way to do it.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Love it... I about made a thread a while ago about it.... I am still a couple behind. Christmas episode is the last I watched.

Its just the show we need right now. It shouldn't work... It's over the top mushy and nice but they pull it off.

I saw some saying you can binge it easy.... I actually recommend watching only one or two a day... It makes you feel good all day so stretch that feeling out over several weeks. 

On 8/28/2021 at 10:22 AM, 702Canary said:

Saw the darts scene last night. Fully delivered.

”I don’t know, little girls are mysterious, man.” 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I’ve been looking for something to watch for awhile now so thanks to this thread I decided to start watching on Labor Day weekend. I can’t thank you all enough for the recommendation and say that this is the something I needed right now that is good-natured and uplifting. It deserves all of the praise that it has received and I hope it continues to be good. So many incredible moments but I think my favorite is where Ted goes off on Jamie in the locker room and ad-libs the Iverson rant on practice, but in a reverse way. Such an incredibly well-written show with great character arcs, including for the protagonist Ted.

They could do a spin-off of just Roy Kent as a pundit and I would watch the hell out of it.

20 minutes ago, B_Lootz said:

I’ve been looking for something to watch for awhile now so thanks to this thread I decided to start watching on Labor Day weekend. I can’t thank you all enough for the recommendation and say that this is the something I needed right now that is good-natured and uplifting. It deserves all of the praise that it has received and I hope it continues to be good. So many incredible moments but I think my favorite is where Ted goes off on Jamie in the locker room and ad-libs the Iverson rant on practice, but in a reverse way. Such an incredibly well-written show with great character arcs, including for the protagonist Ted.

They could do a spin-off of just Roy Kent as a pundit and I would watch the hell out of it.

Picking a favorite scene or character is impossible.  The cast is so great.  This is from the last FA Cup final, the reporter interviewed them after the game not knowing who they were.

Re: Roy Kent. The “hard man” center back is a real staple of British football culture. A classic was Vinnie Jones of Leeds United. He was a maniac. Since retiring he has become a B-list actor in action movies. People may remember him from Snatch. Here he is “closing marking” Gazza. 

1C5790FC-AF71-4E8B-82E8-1A9AC52A1EC6.jpeg

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say