Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

modestobulldog

Anybody oppose parole of Sirhan Sirhan?

Compassionate Liberal, Soros backed Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón doesn't.

His original sentence was death, compassionate liberals on the cusp of releasing SS? Lovely

https://apnews.com/article/crime-california-los-angeles-san-diego-sentencing-1c2548c0a228c7a10eab334d2a05f698

110926run_defense710.jpg

I oppose it. I don't think you are properly expressing what the DA said though. He is opposed to the process in general.

“I can get very emotionally wrapped around my personal feelings (about) someone that killed someone that I thought could have been an incredible president for this country,” Gascón said. “But that has no place in this process. Just like it doesn’t for the person nobody knows about.”

I personally disagree with his position.

How does his citizenship work?  Born in Jerusalem/Palestine but is somehow a Jordanian citizen?  Do border changes since then change things?  He never tried for American citizenship, so would likely be deported to Jordan.  He's Christian FWIW and Jordan is 95% Sunni.

2 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

How does his citizenship work?  Born in Jerusalem/Palestine but is somehow a Jordanian citizen?  Do border changes since then change things?  He never tried for American citizenship, so would likely be deported to Jordan.  He's Christian FWIW and Jordan is 95% Sunni.

I say shave his head and then tattoo “Muhammad Blows” on his forehead in Arabic and then grant him parole as we toss him out of a plane with a parachute over Amman, Jordan. 

kat.jpg

RFK assassin Sirhan wins parole with support of 2 Kennedys

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/08/27/nation/rfk-assassin-sirhan-wins-parole-with-support-2-kennedys/?s_campaign=bostonglobe%3Asocialflow%3Atwitter

U.S. Sen. Robert F. Kennedy’s assassin was granted parole Friday after two of RFK’s sons spoke in favor of Sirhan Sirhan’s release and prosecutors declined to argue he should be kept behind bars.

The decision was a major victory for the 77-year-old prisoner, though it does not assure his release.

The ruling by the two-person panel at Sirhan’s 16th parole hearing will be reviewed over the next 90 days by the California Parole Board’s staff. Then it will be sent to the governor, who will have 30 days to decide whether to grant it, reverse it or modify it.

Douglas Kennedy, who was a toddler when his father was gunned down in 1968, said he was moved to tears by Sirhan’s remorse and he should be released if he’s not a threat to others.

“I’m overwhelmed just by being able to view Mr. Sirhan face to face,” he said. “I think I’ve lived my life both in fear of him and his name in one way or another. And I am grateful today to see him as a human being worthy of compassion and love.”

23 minutes ago, toonkee said:

How dafuq does anyone here know enough about this situation to have a valid opinion on whether sirhan sirhan should be paroled or not?

He killed someone in cold blood, he should remain incarcerated until the undertaker carries him away.

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Looks  like the Kennedys  took the "we're Christians and he's an old man now anyways " attitude.

Or, it's a lot easier to take a guy out once he clears the gates.

1 hour ago, modestobulldog said:

The guy should rot in jail until he dies.  Nobody guilty of 1st degree murder should get out of jail.  

Ever watch Shawshank redemption?

Short of RFK himself, the Kennedy's are the ones who should (and, to an extant, they do) have the most say.

In no way am I excusing Sirhan Sirhan of his crime, but rather taking the side of those most affected. And they say to give the guy one last chance.

6 minutes ago, son of a gun said:

Short of RFK himself, the Kennedy's are the ones who should (and, to an extant, they do) have the most say.

In no way am I excusing Sirhan Sirhan of his crime, but rather taking the side of those most affected. And they say to give the guy one last chance.

That pretty much encapsulates my feelings on the matter.