Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

818SUDSFan

ESPN Bottom Ten

10. UTEPID (2020: 0-5)

I have a friend who is a math professor, and he called me angrily demanding to know exactly who in college football came up with the term "Week Zero" and started shouting a bunch of numeric mumbo jumbo about how there can't be a Week 0 because Week 1 is Week 1 because it's the first week. Then I said, "But dude, that's also the weekend that UTEP travels to New Mexico State." He paused, said, "Well damn, that math does check out" and hung up on me.

OK, that's funny...

mem skyline sig.jpeg

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32066171/college-football-bottom-10-back-bad-ever

I like his name for honorable mention "unLv." If the capitalized letter stands for loss, it's appropriate. If by that spelling the writer means the acronym should be pronounced "un-Luv," that's spot on too!

We have AZ in the bullpen.. Not a good list to be on. But these are always entertaining. 

33 minutes ago, utenation said:

We have AZ in the bullpen.. Not a good list to be on. But these are always entertaining. 

Well the Aztecs also get U of A this season. Don't know about you but it seems to me the Wildcats are not only arguably the worst football program in the history of the Pac10/12 with absolutely ZERO Rose Bowl appearances in almost half a century, at this point in time they are clearly the worst team the conference has had in many years. (Oregon State at least once had a Heisman winner and many years later kicked the shit out of Notre Dame in a bowl game. Subtract a few good seasons under Dick Tomey and Zona has been mediocre at best ever since getting into the Pac.)

So if SDSU loses to Arizona this year, the rest of you should feel free to ridicule me and my alma mater up, down and sideways for the rest of that week. Hell, for the rest of the next week too - unless we beat you guys. :)

4 minutes ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Well the Aztecs also get U of A this season. Don't know about you but it seems to me the Wildcats are not only arguably the worst football program in the history of the Pac10/12 with absolutely ZERO Rose Bowl appearances in almost half a century, at this point in time they are clearly the worst team the conference has had in many years. (Oregon State at least once had a Heisman winner and many years later kicked the shit out of Notre Dame in a bowl game. Subtract a few good seasons under Dick Tomey and Zona has been mediocre at best ever since getting into the Pac.)

So if SDSU loses to Arizona this year, the rest of you should feel free to ridicule me and my alma mater up, down and sideways for the rest of that week. Hell, for the rest of the next week too unless we beat you guys. :)

I’ll let my conference pal @azgregtake this one. Lol. 

Pssst. They did play BSU in the Fiesta Bowl a few years ago…:ph34r:

2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32066171/college-football-bottom-10-back-bad-ever

I like his name for honorable mention "unLv." If the capitalized letter stands for loss, it's appropriate. If by that spelling the writer means the acronym should be pronounced "un-Luv," that's spot on too!

There's only one way for UNLV to go - UP :cheer:

Unless extinction is an option :unsure: