Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swoll Cracker

CSU 2022 Recruiting

On 4/24/2022 at 4:42 PM, RambleOn said:

Rams picked up a commitment from Tavi Jackson from Las Vegas last week.  Any Rebels fans have scoop on the kid?  Seems like a late bloomer, with a high cieling.

I haven’t seen him play, but a lot of fans are mad that Kevin Kruger didn’t offer him.

On 4/24/2022 at 6:30 PM, ph90702 said:

I haven’t seen him play, but a lot of fans are mad that Kevin Kruger didn’t offer him.

One of CSU’s assistants compared him favorably to Isaiah Stevens in terms of leadership skills.

For the second year in a row, CSU has dipped into the D2 ranks for an All-American.  Cartier is 6’8” and 220 lbs, averaged 22 and 6 while shooting 65% from the field. He played an exhibition against MAC champion Toledo last season and had 21 and 7.  Had interest from Marquette, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Colorado and an offer from Toledo.

He’ll have two years of eligibility remaining at CSU.

On 4/24/2022 at 5:42 PM, RambleOn said:

Rams picked up a commitment from Tavi Jackson from Las Vegas last week.  Any Rebels fans have scoop on the kid?  Seems like a late bloomer, with a high cieling.

Richard Isaacs, father of top 2022 PG Pop Pop Isaacs (headed to Texas Tech), thinks Jackson is a Top 50 player who has been severely under-recruited.

On 4/25/2022 at 11:21 AM, Swoll Cracker said:

For the second year in a row, CSU has dipped into the D2 ranks for an All-American.  Cartier is 6’8” and 220 lbs, averaged 22 and 6 while shooting 65% from the field. He played an exhibition against MAC champion Toledo last season and had 21 and 7.  Had interest from Marquette, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Colorado and an offer from Toledo.

He’ll have two years of eligibility remaining at CSU.

I think I read that Cartier was a 2 time All American.  A nice get.

It's official.  Josiah Strong is a RAM.  Only one year of eligibility, but he'll be a great bridge as the younger guards grow up this season. 

Niko is a very smart man.

6’10” big who really came on this summer with multiple offers including Utah State and Missouri. Most recently, USC showed interest. I’m hearing there’s a chance he could reclassify to 2022 and join the Rams for the upcoming season.