Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coog kev

Nevada is #25 in SI Preseason Rankings

18 hours ago, Fowl said:

I like UNR against Cal.  UNR has the firepower to hang with Cal or come back if necessary.  Cal goes to TCU the following week and I think they may be looking ahead a bit.  

After losing 3 in a row including the inaugural game after spending millions to rejuvenate their stadium I suspect Nevada is pretty high on their bulletin board.

Strong has been held out with a sore knee.  If he's healthy I like our chances, if not game over. 

The Nevada football team is headed to the Bay Area.

The Wolf Pack, which has been suffering through poor air quality in the region due to the Dixie Fire, is relocating to Stanford on Tuesday for the remainder of this week's fall camp practices. The current schedule would have Nevada returning to Reno on Saturday night with practices returning to campus Monday, Aug. 23, which is the first day of classes at UNR.

All of Nevada's practices at Stanford will be closed to fans and the media.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

USC will do what they do best. Not live up to the hype. Helton will once again be on the hot seat after their first head scratcher loss. I do expect USC to find away to be in the mix for the P12 south but like always they will fail to be elite.

On 8/14/2021 at 11:27 AM, mugtang said:

Can’t chest beat. We will probably get blown out by Cal in week one. 

I think Cal will be decent on defense but they just haven't found an offense yet. I think they will be in the 6 win range fighting for a bowl. 

On 8/14/2021 at 10:13 AM, Coog kev said:

crickets re Nevada fans...c'mon Wolfpack, chest beat about your SI cred.  SI is definitely not Bleacher Report or some stoopid blog person in West Virginia or upstate New York.  It's published Sports Illustrated.  Be proud, Wolfpack.  Be proud..and live up to it, even though Boise is in your way.  Along with several others in MWC conference play. 

We can chest beat all we want if we win the games. We’re not about that “win on paper” life.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

On 8/17/2021 at 12:41 AM, bornsilverandblue said:

We can chest beat all we want if we win the games. We’re not about that “win on paper” life.

Shoot, I am.... 

This Wolf Pack team will be the best the MWC ever saw. Besting the Utah teams, the TCU teams. If the rest off NCAA games break our way we will be the first G5 team in the playoffs.  Then get throttled by Alabama, the experts will daythere was no reason for the Pack to be in The playoffs. Thus starting a break away of the P4 from the rest. 

1 minute ago, King Spartan said:

Keep hogging that spotlight, pack. Pay no attention to all the CSUs.

You lost you two biggest playmakers. Guessing your HC and DC will be out after this year-enjoy.

Nevada is all that this year.

2 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

You lost you two biggest playmakers. Guessing your HC and DC will be out after this year-enjoy.

Nevada is all that this year.

We got more playmakers. I think the division winner has at least 2 conference losses this year. The west outside of UNLV is pretty tough. 

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL

why? Caldor Fire over in Cali.

RENO, Nev. (KRNV) — The Washoe County Health District has issued the first-ever Stage 3 Emergency Episode due to smoke from nearby wildfires.

Air quality is expected to hit hazardous levels in the Reno-Sparks area Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The first-ever Stage 3 Emergency Episode was issued because the PM2.5 AQI was over 200 for a 24-period of time Sunday into Monday.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

On 8/20/2021 at 6:28 PM, UofNPackFan said:

Shoot, I am.... 

This Wolf Pack team will be the best the MWC ever saw. Besting the Utah teams, the TCU teams. If the rest off NCAA games break our way we will be the first G5 team in the playoffs.  Then get throttled by Alabama, the experts will daythere was no reason for the Pack to be in The playoffs. Thus starting a break away of the P4 from the rest. 

Looks like someone spent the weekend listening to @RebelRobert or @Rebels18 swilling a bunch of booze at Rob's house. 

Once they get you to claim Bama would also get an ass whipping, I know full Borg Assimilation is complete. 

Resistance is futile.

The Borg GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

4 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

why? Caldor Fire over in Cali.

RENO, Nev. (KRNV) — The Washoe County Health District has issued the first-ever Stage 3 Emergency Episode due to smoke from nearby wildfires.

Air quality is expected to hit hazardous levels in the Reno-Sparks area Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. The first-ever Stage 3 Emergency Episode was issued because the PM2.5 AQI was over 200 for a 24-period of time Sunday into Monday.

Shit....be safe , dont go outside and only drink beers higher then 6.5.

I remember when the fires were raging in the Crystal Peak area just west of Verdi, years ago. I was working at Boomtown. And the air was shit, but what you guys got now is the first ever stage three....doesnt sound good. 

From what I can find the Caldor fire is still south of 50?

12 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Shit....be safe , dont go outside and only drink beers higher then 6.5.

I remember when the fires were raging in the Crystal Peak area just west of Verdi, years ago. I was working at Boomtown. And the air was shit, but what you guys got now is the first ever stage three....doesnt sound good. 

From what I can find the Caldor fire is still south of 50?

It jumped 50. Desolation Wilderness will soon be the only thing between the fire and Tahoe. And if they can’t stop it from ripping by Echo Lake that might not matter. Crazy and sad watching that country go up in smoke. 

10 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

It jumped 50. Desolation Wilderness will soon be the only thing between the fire and Tahoe. And if they can’t stop it from ripping by Echo Lake that might not matter. Crazy and sad watching that country go up in smoke. 

One of my favorite all time places to hike back country and camp was Desolation. 

Last I read it was 0% contained?  Man, if it rips by Echo ( like you said) Fallen leaf/ camp Richardson and South Lake is in trouble. 

Edit: just looked on google maps and it could head towards 89 on the west shore.  Damn.