Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

UNLV AD Going to Mizzou

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

And that is my thinking.......Lon doesn't need the job & with his son as basketball coach, Lon probably really doesn't want the job 

There is a certain level of delusion in the MWC UNLV fan base that you have to consider........and of course that delusion immediately brought Lon Kruger's name up as potential AD without giving it any thought

I get it.  Not only does some of the CSU fanbase want the AD fired to make room for Sonny Lubick (who has no interest in the job), but a retired Sonny Lubick was the top name for a small, very vocal group when we hired Addazio.  He'd be good at both.  He's much happier with neither.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

I get it.  Not only does some of the CSU fanbase want the AD fired to make room for Sonny Lubick (who has no interest in the job), but a retired Sonny Lubick was the top name for a small, very vocal group when we hired Addazio.  He'd be good at both.  He's much happier with neither.

With men that age you never know what type of health issues they really have.  If they say they just want to relax and enjoy the small amount of time they have left, you have to appreciate that and realize what they are probably going through health wise just to get out of bed.  Old farts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RebelRobert said:

With men that age you never know what type of health issues they really have.  If they say they just want to relax and enjoy the small amount of time they have left, you have to appreciate that and realize what they are probably going through health wise just to get out of bed.  Old farts.

Yeah, there could be health issues that we don't know about, but I really, really doubt it.  Sonny has it made as the official ambassador of our College of Business (a paid position).  He shakes hands, tells stories to folks, and plays golf.  In the course of all of that he brings in grants and partnerships.  He doesn't need the rat race of managing an athletic department in the current climate.  Lon is in the same boat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just hire Stallworth and be done with it!

No search committee to hire some associate AD from some P5 school where their only prior experience of 'fundraising' is dipping into the coffers of some huge TV contract, or huge booster/alumni base built from a school that's 150-200 years older/more established than UNLV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Claims to be a UNLV fan but really just a negative nelly.

REALISTIC Nelly !! 

No one can doubt your enthusiasm for all things UNLV.........the fun part id the level of overall delusion for some things UNLV !! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Just hire Stallworth and be done with it!

No search committee to hire some associate AD from some P5 school where their only prior experience of 'fundraising' is dipping into the coffers of some huge TV contract, or huge booster/alumni base built from a school that's 150-200 years older/more established than UNLV.

His daughter Savanannah Rae liked my Tweet when I said to hire Steve Stallworth!

stallworth2.jpg.0d9e69b8a49936d3825ecf9322680cbf.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, UNLV2001 said:

REALISTIC Nelly !! 

No one can doubt your enthusiasm for all things UNLV.........the fun part id the level of overall delusion for some things UNLV !! 

You are probably the same guy who thought we would never get NFL or a new stadium or play in the PAC-12.

Negative kNow Nothing Nelly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rebels18 said:

Just hire Stallworth and be done with it!

No search committee to hire some associate AD from some P5 school where their only prior experience of 'fundraising' is dipping into the coffers of some huge TV contract, or huge booster/alumni base built from a school that's 150-200 years older/more established than UNLV.

I'd be fine with Stallworth.......he's an alum, he's been in the area for years and he has some solid business connections that go to the heart of my previous post that the UNLV AD position is as much local marketing as it is AD'ing 

Plus Stallworth isn't looking to job hop & bail on UNLV at 1st opportunity 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Never underestimate the power of a wife wanting to go home, lol. 

But not to worry, he said that although he would like the UNLV job, he wouldn’t come here directly from Reno, he said he’d go somewhere else in between. Didn’t want to create hard feelings. Lol. 

You touched on the reason he’ll have a hard time getting that next gig… 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

You are probably the same guy who thought we would never get NFL or a new stadium or play in the PAC-12.

Negative kNow Nothing Nelly.

Having lived in the LV area since 1978.......me & some old buddies would talk about LV ever landing pro sports - Our thinking was that it would be NBA........NBA was first pro league to plunk teams in smaller markets (Portland & Phoenix back in the '70's)..........NHL was a possibility but at that time there weren't many NHL teams in sunbelt cities.........never thought NFL would land here just because the NFL had a long time hard on for LV & gambling.

Lo & behold the NHL was first........and the NFL hard on for LV went limp much faster than anyone would have guessed :shrug:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Not me pal

Don't think "delusion" allows for weighing the pros cons facts and reality of these situations 

Like the surety that UNLV FB will be playing for a national title in the next decade !

Psycho GIF by Dixie D'Amelio

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I'd be fine with Stallworth.......he's an alum, he's been in the area for years and he has some solid business connections that go to the heart of my previous post that the UNLV AD position is as much local marketing as it is AD'ing 

Plus Stallworth isn't looking to job hop & bail on UNLV at 1st opportunity 

But is he even still interested? And has he had ANY previous AD experience? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

Don't think "delusion" allows for weighing the pros cons facts and reality of these situations 

Like the surety that UNLV FB will be playing for a national title in the next decade !

Psycho GIF by Dixie D'Amelio

Well your negativity doesn't help and weighing the pro's and cons based on made up facts from your empty brain is not reality.

UNLV Football will play at the highest level, anyone denying that doesn't know what the f*ck they are talking about.

I am pretty sure that includes you Negative kNOw Nothing Nelly

Link to comment
Share on other sites



  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...