Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

UNLV AD Going to Mizzou

22 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

He said wast, an archaic form of be, meaning he said best work below the be, which is actually an old Irish saying, which means "The best is yet to come." 

Thx for the clarification, however it doesn't really fit.  

"Wast" is the second person singular past tense of the verb "to be." 

The 2nd person singular part fits, however the past tense makes no sense grammatically or contextually ¿No?

There is granting poetic license...and then there's this.

This weekend, the Las Vegas Raiders host their first pre-season game with fans in attendance.

But concerns remain about access and parking.

The traffic plan in and out of Allegiant continues to evolve.

No doubt there were issues following earlier events including the Garth Brooks concert.

Today the Las Vegas Stadium Authority board met virtually.

And while no specific changes were announced, members say the entire fan experience will improve event by event.

You'll remember the large crowds moving towards Las Vegas Boulevard after the Brooks Concert and again after Gold Cup soccer.

4 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

This weekend, the Las Vegas Raiders host their first pre-season game with fans in attendance.

No doubt there were issues following earlier events including the Garth Brooks concert.

And while no specific changes were announced, members say the entire fan experience will improve event by event.

You'll remember the large crowds moving towards Las Vegas Boulevard after the Brooks Concert and again after Gold Cup soccer.

They won't have those problems with Rebel games. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

11 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

They won't have those problems with Rebel games. 

True - should be much easier to arrive & depart, plus wide spacious seating and the chance to see the stadium for a pittance compared to a Raiders ticket cost ........which are north of $267 for this coming Seahawks preseason game  

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

True - should be much easier to arrive & depart, plus wide spacious seating and the chance to see the stadium for a pittance compared to a Raiders ticket cost ........which are north of $267 for this coming Seahawks preseason game  

Yeah.  I'd go if I lived there.  I'm guessing good attendance for at least the first half of the season.  Maybe longer. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

8 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yeah.  I'd go if I lived there.  I'm guessing good attendance for at least the first half of the season.  Maybe longer. 

I'd expect a bump in walk up attendance just based on people wanting to take in the new stadium on the cheap (UNLV ticket) - might even be the reason for UNLV saying season tickets are up some 

If UNLV can turn it on some & win, then maybe the casual fans return (it is a much nicer place than old Sam Boyd) and even draw some new fans - But that remains to be seen 

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I'd expect a bump in walk up attendance just based on people wanting to take in the new stadium on the cheap (UNLV ticket) - might even be the reason for UNLV saying season tickets are up some 

If UNLV can turn it one some & win, then maybe the casual fans return (it is a much nicer place than old Sam Boyd) and even draw some new fans - But that remains to be seen 

iowa st fans def bought a chunk. Season tickets were cheaper than single game tickets for their game here. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

Just now, Rebels18 said:

iowa st fans def bought a chunk. Season tickets were cheaper than single game tickets for their game here. 

Wisconsin fans did that awhile back at Sam Boyd - bought the season tix & used the one game ..........that's a good point - going forward UNLV should always schedule a good traveling P5 team & get them to buy up season tickets 

The biggest thing is getting an AD with the relationships to get UNLV into a P5 conference.  The next biggest thing is getting somebody who has experience in competing with pro sports.  For both those reasons, I see the next AD being somebody from the PAC-12.  That is the only conference where most of the teams are in large metropolitan areas.

I would not be surprised to see someone from Stanford or Cal get the gig.  We would need those schools to be on board with us joining the PAC-12, and they would be able to sell the academics to them.

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Fortunately, there won't be parking problems for UNLV games.  

14 minutes ago, KayakArmada said:

Dude, that reply is so witty! I haven’t heard that before……

UNR fans talking attendance smack is really odd. They averaged 16k fans/game in 2019... 3k less than UNLV in their swan song season in the swamps of Henderson. 

UNLV will comfortably average 10k more fans per game than Reno this season. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

59 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

UNR fans talking attendance smack is really odd. They averaged 16k fans/game in 2019... 3k less than UNLV in their swan song season in the swamps of Henderson. 

UNLV will comfortably average 10k more fans per game than Reno this season. 

I thought SBS was in a dust bowl, not a swamp; I didn't see much water the two times that I was there.