Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

UNLV AD Going to Mizzou

9 minutes ago, SpartanDude said:

Which will probably cost $500,000 to perform. 

Probably $500,020. You have to tip the doorman a $20 for a table in a dark corner. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 8/9/2021 at 7:05 AM, RebelRobert said:

I had been saying it for a few years that all it was going to take was a university that needed a diversity hire to check a box.  Took longer than I expected but she found one.  $hit floats to the top.  Does the Missouri President Mun Y. Choi look real interested in Athletics?

MONEY CHOY!  This guy took one look at DRF and knew he was hiring her.

Mun.jpg

¿What does a "...real interest in Athletics..." look like in the context of a head shot?

13 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

:hmmm: "Citizen Journalist" is in her bio - So she's credible !! 

She's one of those CPA/Journalist.  

So cliche...

10 minutes ago, akbballfan said:

Hopefully they finally learn their lesson and quit hiring woman for the sake of hiring woman.
I can’t think of any winning programs under her watch.
Good that she is gone.

We need hire man!  Man good!

On 8/9/2021 at 7:05 AM, RebelRobert said:

I had been saying it for a few years that all it was going to take was a university that needed a diversity hire to check a box.  Took longer than I expected but she found one.  $hit floats to the top.  Does the Missouri President Mun Y. Choi look real interested in Athletics?

MONEY CHOY!  This guy took one look at DRF and knew he was hiring her.

Mun.jpg

9 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

¿What does a "...real interest in Athletics..." look like in the context of a head shot?

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

It was a question for you to answer.

Are you kidding?  I'm not touching that one with a 10-ft poll.

You are the one that set the "judge a book by it's cover" table asking "¿does the Missouri President Mun Y. Choi look real interested in Athletics?" in the context of a head shot.

This is your table to clear.  I'm sure I'm not the only one here, that is looking forward to seeing how you choose to clean-up your mess.

Mizzou just released the terms of DRF's contract: she will make $800K a year and apparently there is deferred money if she is still there at the end of it where it will reach $950K. As previously reported, Mizzou will pay the $500K buyout to UNLV.

I completely disagree with any assertion about Mun Choi not caring about athletics. When our football position came open in 2019, he effectively hijacked the process away from Jim Sterk (Sterk wanted to hire Blake Anderson). That made getting Eli Drinkwitz significantly more expensive (thanks Jimmy Sexton). It seems like DRF had mixed reviews at UNLV. From the outside, I really like the hire of Marcus Arroyo. I know very little about Lon Kruger's son but that hire makes sense to me on the surface. Greg Sankey, the SEC commissioner, recommended her and her former boss at Cincy and VA Tech (former Mizzou assistant AD Whit Babcock) vouched for her as well.

4 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

If I were UNLV-King-For-A-Day and could make the AD hire, I'd hire Reggie Theus here. Theus as AD honestly would be an smash hit. I'm totally serious too. That is exactly the person UNLV needs for the AD slot at this point in time for a variety of reasons IMO.

He's too dumb to be an AD.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Joe from WY said:

Isn't he AD at some SWAC school right now? Surely even a broke-ass outfit like UNLV could pay more than them, especially with the buyout windfall they've accrued.

He is.  I just looked him up.  I thought he was an asst coach in the NBA.  

I still believe he is too dumb for the job, but he can't be any worse than what they've hired in the past.   

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

23 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

If I were UNLV-King-For-A-Day and could make the AD hire, I'd hire Reggie Theus here. Theus as AD honestly would be an smash hit. I'm totally serious too. That is exactly the person UNLV needs for the AD slot at this point in time for a variety of reasons IMO.

YES!

18 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He's too dumb to be an AD.  

Racist!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

41 minutes ago, Mizzou Man said:

Mizzou just released the terms of DRF's contract: she will make $800K a year and apparently there is deferred money if she is still there at the end of it where it will reach $950K. As previously reported, Mizzou will pay the $500K buyout to UNLV.

I completely disagree with any assertion about Mun Choi not caring about athletics. When our football position came open in 2019, he effectively hijacked the process away from Jim Sterk (Sterk wanted to hire Blake Anderson). That made getting Eli Drinkwitz significantly more expensive (thanks Jimmy Sexton). It seems like DRF had mixed reviews at UNLV. From the outside, I really like the hire of Marcus Arroyo. I know very little about Lon Kruger's son but that hire makes sense to me on the surface. Greg Sankey, the SEC commissioner, recommended her and her former boss at Cincy and VA Tech (former Mizzou assistant AD Whit Babcock) vouched for her as well.

Putting aside her ego, the toxic work environment she created, her condescending and demeaning interpersonal skills, her failed marketing ploys,  stealing credit for facility fundraising/booster donations that she had nothing to do with, angering other long-time boosters to the point of ostracizing them from the program...

She was still probably the 3rd best UNLV AD of all-time. Take that how you will with the history of UNLV Athletics post-Jerry Tarkanian. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

1 hour ago, Mizzou Man said:

Some of her best work is done below the wast

I've given it an enormous amount of thought, and @Joe from WY just came up with the best idea ever!

Reggie Theus would be a fking amazing athletic director for UNLV. When was there ever a time in UNLV history where we had an Athletic Director and basketball coach who were 100% on the same page and committed their career to making UNLV successful? Two guys that love Vegas and bleed rebel red. 

Make it HAPPEN

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

2 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

I've given it an enormous amount of thought, and @Joe from WY just came up with the best idea ever!

Reggie Theus would be a fking amazing athletic director for UNLV. When was there ever a time in UNLV history where we had an Athletic Director and basketball coach who were 100% on the same page and committed their career to making UNLV successful? Two guys that love Vegas and bleed rebel red. 

Make it HAPPEN

Who was the AD in the 70s?