Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

UNLV AD Going to Mizzou

37 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

That is the table without locality pay.  You have to add locality pay to see the true amounts.

I didn't realize OK had such a high cost of living.

My Bad...

LOL

You ARE a baller

image.png.5f26cd57eac532c83cd046981eaea934.png

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

I used to think Miami fans had the most delusions of grandeur, but they don't have shit on the Rebs. 

Y'all caught lighting in a bottle with basketball for a once-in-a-century run at things, and only had Ickey Woods to show for football promise. Anthony, Augmon, Johnson and Scurry aren't coming through that door, and well, neither is Ickey Woods.

Your'e doomed to be a middle-rate MWC program constantly losing out on top recruits in your backyard to the powers-that-be, forever chasing a dragon that will never allow itself to be caught. 

Look on the bright side though....at least you'll always have Oscar Goodman slingin' cocktails at hospitality management school, though and that shiny Gaming Management major to look forward to. 

3 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

I am stuck in Oklahoma because during the end of the Great Recession I wasn't happy with my County job in Las Vegas and I thought it would be a good idea to take a Federal job in San Diego for a year or two until the economy improved in Las Vegas and I could come back to a better paying position.

Little did I know that I was so spectacular of an individual that I was promoted quickly in the Federal Government and soon offered a nice chunk of change to move to some place called Oklahoma.  Once in Oklahoma I met my wife who was a grad student at OU and I got married and had little amazing human beings to take care of soon after.

I continued to rise in the Federal Government until I got so high up that Las Vegas doesn't offer positions in my field at this level.

So now I am stuck living in Oklahoma or I can go to Washington DC where I am sure to continue my glorious ascension to the top.

If you see anything with LVCVA, Clark County, Henderson, North Las Vegas, City of Las Vegas that pays $180,000+ a year let me know.

Need to pad my PERS payday.

So it was because you're not a "winner".

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Living in Oklahoma is not winning.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, RebelRobert said:

I tend to agree with you on that.  I am not a huge fan.

Luckily I am able to travel.  So still winning.

And where do you return to?  Your family is becoming Okies.  You are becoming an Okie.

There is no returning from that.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, RSF said:

And where do you return to?  Your family is becoming Okies.  You are becoming an Okie.

There is no returning from that.

No. Get real. We make fun of these people here.

I travel for my job so I am all over the country.

Could you see me as an Okie!  Now that would be hilarious.

20 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Really? Like whom?

Google.  Several major programs have done it.  Tennessee is one that comes to mind for this year.

Ohio State has eight scheduled for 2022.  Several have done it in previous years.

UNLV should have negotiated in the contract for the most home football games possible (8).

That they didn't shows a complete incompetence on their part.

5 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Google.  Several major programs have done it.  Tennessee is one that comes to mind for this year.

UNLV should have negotiated in the contract for the most home football games possible (8).

That they didn't shows a complete incompetence on their part.

This is actually a smart point. Even if you don’t schedule 8 a year you should be able to play 8 in your “own” stadium. 

11 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

I had been saying it for a few years that all it was going to take was a university that needed a diversity hire to check a box.  Took longer than I expected but she found one.  $hit floats to the top.  Does the Missouri President Mun Y. Choi look real interested in Athletics?

MONEY CHOY!  This guy took one look at DRF and knew he was hiring her.

Mun.jpg

It's in her contract to once a month stomp on his nutsack with her size 17 heels 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

7 hours ago, MetropolitanCowboy said:

I used to think Miami fans had the most delusions of grandeur, but they don't have shit on the Rebs. 

Y'all caught lighting in a bottle with basketball for a once-in-a-century run at things, and only had Ickey Woods to show for football promise. Anthony, Augmon, Johnson and Scurry aren't coming through that door, and well, neither is Ickey Woods.

Your'e doomed to be a middle-rate MWC program constantly losing out on top recruits in your backyard to the powers-that-be, forever chasing a dragon that will never allow itself to be caught. 

Look on the bright side though....at least you'll always have Oscar Goodman slingin' cocktails at hospitality management school, though and that shiny Gaming Management major to look forward to. 

Boise fan circa 2012 was pretty epic, too.  In fact I think I made the argument that our program value was top 20 in football.

I was doing A LOT of drugs at the time.

On 8/8/2021 at 5:35 PM, UNLV2001 said:

And that is my thinking.......Lon doesn't need the job & with his son as basketball coach, Lon probably really doesn't want the job 

There is a certain level of delusion in the MWC UNLV fan base that you have to consider........and of course that delusion immediately brought Lon Kruger's name up as potential AD without giving it any thought

Level of delusion?  They need serious meds. 

They also apparently don’t know how to set up their own message board, hence delusional Rebels all talking to each other on this board. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

12 hours ago, RSF said:

Government employee, UNLV grad AND lives in Oklahoma.

If that aint the Triple Crown of Suck.....

:rotflmfao:

winner winner chicken dinner

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

56 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

😂

Great news coming off a 12-15 season!  Other schools took away our problems.  Iowa State will be lucky to win more than 8 games, and Missouri will learn the hard way if DRF has to make a football or men’s basketball hire (although I am high on the KK hire).