Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

UNLV AD Going to Mizzou

5 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Dave Rice was a name I saw on Twitter and mentioned years ago.  I think he would be an excellent fit as an AD.

Nice guy but equipment room is about the height of his abilities if you expect him to be successful.

At UNLV, success isn't always the goal.  So who knows.

16 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Nice guy but equipment room is about the height of his abilities if you expect him to be successful.

At UNLV, success isn't always the goal.  So who knows.

Dave Rice was one of the top assistant coaches in the country at BYU.  He just wasn’t meant to be a head coach.

They wanted to interview the TCU AD - a straight, white male - but were turned down.  Would have been a pay cut.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

17 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I had been saying it for a few years that all it was going to take was a university that needed a diversity hire to check a box.  Took longer than I expected but she found one.  $hit floats to the top.  Does the Missouri President Mun Y. Choi look real interested in Athletics?

MONEY CHOY!  This guy took one look at DRF and knew he was hiring her.

Mun.jpg

13 minutes ago, RSF said:

They wanted to interview the TCU AD - a straight, white male - but were turned down.  Would have been a pay cut.

Missouri is not that attractive of a job in the SEC IMO.  They were meant for the B1G.

The thing that has dawned on me is that being able to build relationships with people is FAR more important than actual performance.  That's the only way to explain DRF being hired by Missouri.  It also explains why some coaches, like Penny Hardaway, keep getting recruits despite not being able to coach.

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

Is that why you're looking for love in Oklahoma?

I am stuck in Oklahoma because during the end of the Great Recession I wasn't happy with my County job in Las Vegas and I thought it would be a good idea to take a Federal job in San Diego for a year or two until the economy improved in Las Vegas and I could come back to a better paying position.

Little did I know that I was so spectacular of an individual that I was promoted quickly in the Federal Government and soon offered a nice chunk of change to move to some place called Oklahoma.  Once in Oklahoma I met my wife who was a grad student at OU and I got married and had little amazing human beings to take care of soon after.

I continued to rise in the Federal Government until I got so high up that Las Vegas doesn't offer positions in my field at this level.

So now I am stuck living in Oklahoma or I can go to Washington DC where I am sure to continue my glorious ascension to the top.

If you see anything with LVCVA, Clark County, Henderson, North Las Vegas, City of Las Vegas that pays $180,000+ a year let me know.

Need to pad my PERS payday.

Government employee, UNLV grad AND lives in Oklahoma.

If that aint the Triple Crown of Suck.....

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

Government employee, UNLV grad AND lives in Oklahoma.

If that aint the Triple Crown of Suck.....

Yeah it is a rough 100% telework life living in the suburbs of Edmond, OK watching UNLV rise to become the greatest Athletics Department of all time.

2 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Yeah it is a rough 100% telework life living in the suburbs of Edmond, OK watching UNLV rise to become the greatest Athletics Department of all time.

Why do you have to live in Oklahoma if you work remotely?

Just now, ph90702 said:

Why do you have to live in Oklahoma if you work remotely?

Before 2018 you were allowed to live anywhere in the US if you did my position.

In 2018 they decided that to do this position you needed to be in either Oklahoma City or Washington DC and they forced everyone to choose one of the two locations.  They may change it back again at some point.  I hope so.

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

I am stuck in Oklahoma because during the end of the Great Recession I wasn't happy with my County job in Las Vegas and I thought it would be a good idea to take a Federal job in San Diego for a year or two until the economy improved in Las Vegas and I could come back to a better paying position.

Little did I know that I was so spectacular of an individual that I was promoted quickly in the Federal Government and soon offered a nice chunk of change to move to some place called Oklahoma.  Once in Oklahoma I met my wife who was a grad student at OU and I got married and had little amazing human beings to take care of soon after.

I continued to rise in the Federal Government until I got so high up that Las Vegas doesn't offer positions in my field at this level.

So now I am stuck living in Oklahoma or I can go to Washington DC where I am sure to continue my glorious ascension to the top.

If you see anything with LVCVA, Clark County, Henderson, North Las Vegas, City of Las Vegas that pays $180,000+ a year let me know.

Well no wonder you post all day! Everyday!

image.png.b98b50d49875bd1acb8b0cea758ae74c.png

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

You're a government employee? Are you one of those guys that has a timer that keeps track of the days, hours, minutes, and seconds to retirement with full bennies?

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif