Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

UNLV AD Going to Mizzou

3 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Steve Stallworth is only 56 or 57 years old, so he could be at UNLV for 10-15 years.

About right - he went to HS from 1978 -82 so he was a freshen when I was a Sr in HS 

2 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

But is he even still interested? And has he had ANY previous AD experience? 

Not as AD.........but he was 2nd or 1st for running the T&M for some years 

Experience

• General Manager

South Point Arena

- Present13 years 3 months

• General Manager

Orleans Arena

- 6 years 10 months

• Associate Director

Thomas & Mack Center

- 10 years 9 months

10 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Steve Stallworth - Resume

https://www.snshf.com/hall-of-famers/steve-stallworth

Pretty sure he is overly qualified.

7 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Not as AD.........but he was 2nd or 1st for running the T&M for some years 

Experience

• General Manager

South Point Arena

- Present13 years 3 months

• General Manager

Orleans Arena

- 6 years 10 months

• Associate Director

Thomas & Mack Center

- 10 years 9 months

We all know he is good at what he does, and he’d be a fantastic hire for UNLV, we have wanted him for years. I just think the Prez might get hung up on the AD part, I just think he doesn’t know jack about UNLV and Stallworth, and their history. Hopefully somebody clues him in. 

Cunozo Martin with a nice assist.   

Not long after she was hired wrote she was not going to be around very long.  She was dropping tea leaves pretty early on.

If she only spent half as much time trying to improve UNLV athletics as much as she did looking for another job.

For the Lon talk, given UNLV’s nepotism policy not surprised he would decline.  He more than plays by the rules and that could get very messy.   

19 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Steve Stallworth - Resume

https://www.snshf.com/hall-of-famers/steve-stallworth

Pretty sure he is overly qualified.

Stallworth over Kruger makes a lot more sense.  There's a history of success with UNLV BB which can be revived by a decent AD and a good coach.  If you really have delusions of grandeur on the gridiron, you're going to need an AD that is focused on that more than other sports.  Someone with that FB background.

My money is on neither.  You'll get an up and coming P5 asst. AD.  That might work.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

Stallworth over Kruger makes a lot more sense.  There's a history of success with UNLV BB which can be revived by a decent AD and a good coach.  If you really have delusions of grandeur on the gridiron, you're going to need an AD that is focused on that more than other sports.  Someone with that FB background.

My money is on neither.  You'll get an up and coming P5 asst. AD.  That might work.

George Kliavkoff's wife Ellen for new UNLV Athletic Director!

1003954010_kliavkoffwife.JPG.ae5d77155e8a72c0adb4e4d4f949ff35.JPG

1 hour ago, NevadaFan said:

Knuth isn’t going anywhere. Not because he isn’t a good AD but I’ve heard a rumor that if true seriously limits his upward mobility IMO.  

Glad to see you’ve come to terms with unlv being upward from unr. 

2 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Knuth isn’t going anywhere. Not because he isn’t a good AD but I’ve heard a rumor that if true seriously limits his upward mobility IMO.  

Is this the cheerleader rumor that’s been floating around? Yeah, he married a former UNR cheerleader, who is now the cheer coach, who had 4 kids when he married her. That’s a dealbreaker. 

14 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Is this the cheerleader rumor that’s been floating around? Yeah, he married a former UNR cheerleader, who is now the cheer coach, who had 4 kids when he married her. That’s a dealbreaker. 

UNLV should go after him.  They obviously can't hire an AD worth a shit on their own. Or a coach.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

UNLV should go after him.  They obviously can't hire an AD worth a shit on their own. Or a coach.

Nah, we’re good, as I said earlier, just rattling a cage or two. Not impressed with the last football and basketball hires he made, Carson Strong and his receiver saved Norvelle’s job last year, they made him look better than he is, those two are fantastic.  He did recruit them though, so I do give him credit for that. 

And of course you know how much I love Alford. 😝. He’ll do just enough. Probably. Maybe. 

Muss was a good hire, so one out of three ain’t bad. 

But if it ever DID happen, I’d make sure I had plenty of popcorn, lol.