Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV FB Fall Camp

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

Maybe I missed the numbers?

What are they?

Lol they posted a graph with no data. The only metric is season ticket sales tripled from 2018. Which translates to ticket sales went from horribly bad to decent or maybe just slightly below average.

COVID willing, UNLV is going to average around 30k fans per game this season which will be #2 in the MWC

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

8 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Injury related or is it an eligibility issue?

Think might be checking his eligibility and also not wanting it to seem Martell is being handed the job - I'd go with 75% eligibility aspects & 25% trying to piss off the rest of the QB's 

12 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Injury related or is it an eligibility issue?

I doubt it since he's already gotten his degree from Miami, probably just waiting for some NCAA rubber stamp. 

They need to hurry and make him earn his reps with the team. The other QBs aren't going to like some hotshot just showing up midway through camp and taking away what they've been competing in for 2 years now. 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

46 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

I doubt it since he's already gotten his degree from Miami, probably just waiting for some NCAA rubber stamp. 

They need to hurry and make him earn his reps with the team. The other QBs aren't going to like some hotshot just showing up midway through camp and taking away what they've been competing in for 2 years now. 

Look, we have to win.  Expansion is going on for the next year or two and now is the time to have a good Football and Basketball program to help PAC-12 admin sell our entrance into their conference.

Tate has to play from day one!  Arroyo needs to call a team meeting and tell the team that Tate is the guy and they better just get used to it because fans are tired of losing every game.

You don't worry about hurting Moses Scurry or Chris Jeters feelings when Larry Johnson shows up.  You just put LJ in and tell the other guys to shut up!

Tate won every single game in high school.  He never lost.  3 National Championships!

UNLV lost every game last year!  Tate is the starter.  Not only do you hand it to him, you make the other guys roll out the red carpet for him to the fake turf field every day before practice!

1990_guys.jpg.14c5e223baee26d449cc720726e68a05.jpg

1 minute ago, RebelRobert said:

Look, we have to win.  Expansion is going on for the next year or two and now is the time to have a good Football and Basketball program to help PAC-12 admin sell our entrance into their conference.

Tate has to play from day one!  Arroyo needs to call a team meeting and tell the team that Tate is the guy and they better just get used to it because fans are tired of losing every game.

You don't worry about hurting Moses Scurry or Chris Jeters feelings when Larry Johnson shows up.  You just put LJ in and tell the other guys to shut up!

Tate won every single game in high school.  He never lost.  3 National Championships!

We lost every game last year!  Tate is the starter.  Not only do you hand it to him, you make the other guys roll out the red carpet to the fake turf field every day before practice!

1990_guys.jpg.14c5e223baee26d449cc720726e68a05.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'd be extremely disappointed if Martell wasn't named the starter game 1 against ECU. Love or hate the kid, he's a national story and if he's successful here it will bring a lot more eyeballs to UNLV than if it's Rogers, Brumfield, or Friel.

Still, he already missed all of Spring Training--which isn't a big deal because he probably got superior 1-on-1 training w/ Coach Manny and Aumavae. But It's Day 2 out of 30 for Fall Camp--whatever is hanging up Martell from practicing them need to clean up and get him reps with the team NOW!

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

25 minutes ago, Rebels18 said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd be extremely disappointed if Martell wasn't named the starter game 1 against ECU. Love or hate the kid, he's a national story and if he's successful here it will bring a lot more eyeballs to UNLV than if it's Rogers, Brumfield, or Friel.

Still, he already missed all of Spring Training--which isn't a big deal because he probably got superior 1-on-1 training w/ Coach Manny and Aumavae. But It's Day 2 out of 30 for Fall Camp--whatever is hanging up Martell from practicing them need to clean up and get him reps with the team NOW!

You know the staff and administration at UNLV are completely incompetent.  I am sure some worthless bum has the paperwork sitting on his desk and he is stalling on sending it to the proper people.  Those people who work at UNLV enjoy losing, they are used to it and are scared to be around winners because they might get exposed.

This all should have been done well before camp started but of course UNLV isn't in a hurry to do things the right way.

Won't matter.  Tate is superior athletically to any and all of those players on the field that we will be playing.

Tate Martell and Charles Williams in the back field will be unstoppable for anyone that we play this season.  If our defense can stop the other team even once or twice a game we should go undefeated.

How is anybody going to beat us with Tate and Charles Williams?  We don't even need to throw the ball but if we do, Tate has Kyle Williams (MWC Freshman of the year), Tyleek Collins (170 yards and four scores at San Jose State) along with Jordan Jakes (another guy who never lost in High School).

It is time for Rebel fans to get hyped and start telling people that UNLV is here.  NO MORE LOSING.

We should win every game this year!  I will be shocked if we lose.

PUT TATE IN NOW!

unlv.football.jpg.c8d56ebec4a07b1b51cd31cd8c3b4d18.jpg

1 hour ago, RebelRobert said:

UNLV lost every game last year!  Tate is the starter.  Not only do you hand it to him, you make the other guys roll out the red carpet for him to the fake turf field every day before practice!

Realignment may be going on, but not expansion. Contraction is more likely than than expansion. But do you really believe a couple 5 or 6 win seasons will make UNLV attractive enough for the PAC-12 to notice? Doubtful. And basketball isn't even moving the needle, as evidenced by Kansas presumably being left behind as of now.  

12 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Realignment may be going on, but not expansion. Contraction is more likely than than expansion. But do you really believe a couple 5 or 6 win seasons will make UNLV attractive enough for the PAC-12 to notice? Doubtful. And basketball isn't even moving the needle, as evidenced by Kansas presumably being left behind as of now.  

UNLV is going PAC-12 regardless, winning will just make it easier for their leadership to justify the move.

UNLV likely wins 10+ Football games while averaging 30,000+ this year and 20+ Wins  in Basketball while averaging 11,000+.  Fast fixes.

2 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

You know the staff and administration at UNLV are completely incompetent.  I am sure some worthless bum has the paperwork sitting on his desk and he is stalling on sending it to the proper people.  Those people who work at UNLV enjoy losing, they are used to it and are scared to be around winners because they might get exposed.

This all should have been done well before camp started but of course UNLV isn't in a hurry to do things the right way.

Won't matter.  Tate is superior athletically to any and all of those players on the field that we will be playing.

Tate Martell and Charles Williams in the back field will be unstoppable for anyone that we play this season.  If our defense can stop the other team even once or twice a game we should go undefeated.

How is anybody going to beat us with Tate and Charles Williams?  We don't even need to throw the ball but if we do, Tate has Kyle Williams (MWC Freshman of the year), Tyleek Collins (170 yards and four scores at San Jose State) along with Jordan Jakes (another guy who never lost in High School).

It is time for Rebel fans to get hyped and start telling people that UNLV is here.  NO MORE LOSING.

We should win every game this year!  I will be shocked if we lose.

PUT TATE IN NOW!

unlv.football.jpg.c8d56ebec4a07b1b51cd31cd8c3b4d18.jpg

There is actually merit to what you’re saying.  UNLV football saved themselves from bowl ineligibility in 2014 because they had players who were eligible to graduate but never applied.  That was an embarrassment.

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

Kansas offers nothing in terms of market size.  That’s why they could be left behind.

4 minutes ago, ripple effect said:

Which is in Missouri.  Is this your veiled attempt at a Trumpism???

I am no fan of Trump.  I am as far left as you can possibly go.

Lawrence, KS is about 40 mins away from Kansas City and tons of Jayhawks fans live in Kansas City.  Big-12 holds their Basketball tournament in Kansas City for a reason.