Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warbow

The conference that will dissolve is ....

On 7/30/2021 at 7:22 AM, sactowndog said:

Well they for sure aren’t taking SMU so who is replacing them in your scenario? 

Not Fresno St

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 7/29/2021 at 9:55 PM, Warbow said:

..... the MWC.

No way the Big-12 dissolves with that TV contract. They are in the drivers seat right now between the Big-12, AAC and the MWC. They can pick and choose any school they want between the MWC and AAC. 

They will take Houston, SMU, Boise St, BYU, Colorado St., and San Diego St. to form a 16 team conference. 

The PAC-12 then will invite UNLV and Hawaii. 

Wyoming, Nevada, Utah St and New Mexico will end up in the Big Sky which will go FBS. 

Fresno St and San Jose St to CUSA. 

Air Force will end up in the AAC. 

I just came back from the future. This is the way it was in 2025. 

BTW, Trump is president then.

Does math change too in 2025?  8 + 6 = 16?  B)  I really dig ya Warbow...I always have. 

I wouldn't mind your configuration at all.  Just add 2 more. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 7/29/2021 at 10:53 PM, Warbow said:

I don’t know man, just relating what I observed. Not my fault that Nevada is in the Big Sky with Wyoming.

Nevada's with us, and so is Wyoming..

Old WAC staying together regardless. 

Reality bombs...

New-Signature.jpg

15 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Nevada's with us, and so is Wyoming..

Old WAC staying together regardless. 

Reality bombs...

How is it really the "old WAC" when USU joined in '05, and there's no NMSU or Idaho?

On 7/29/2021 at 10:24 PM, WAC_FAN said:

Reno actually has a better shot at the Pac-12 than UNLV, due to academics. (However, we're still talking like about percentages in the 0.0000000001% range)

The WAC actually is bringing back football and wants to go FBS again in the next 10 years.  That plan could accelerate if a bunch of MWC football programs were suddenly without homes. (Instead of Big Sky)

Because the Big 12 won't be getting any more money with expansion, they aren't going to take a bunch of teams and lower their pot.  At least until TV rights are up again, they take 2 max.  There's a decent chance they stay at 8 for awhile.

Excellent post and IMO right on the mark.  If the MWC gets poached of 3 or 4 teams I think the remaining schools will merge with some MWC schools and a Big Sky school or two.  If the Borg gets left out of the expansion game they may possibly come back to the MWC but they are a better fit for the P5 than alll of the MWC but their Sunday rule make keep them out.  

It will be very interesting to see how things shake out.  SDSU may be the best bet to get an invite.  Not sure about Nevada or UNLV.  Also have some doubts about Boise but they do have a strong FB program so that may be their ticket in but chances are much less than 50% IMO.  

I just hope the people in charge of the MWC have a solid plan to move forward.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

On 7/29/2021 at 8:55 PM, Warbow said:

..... the MWC.

No way the Big-12 dissolves with that TV contract. They are in the drivers seat right now between the Big-12, AAC and the MWC. They can pick and choose any school they want between the MWC and AAC. 

They will take Houston, SMU, Boise St, BYU, Colorado St., and San Diego St. to form a 16 team conference. 

Personally I think Texas Tech and Kansas will be targets for the PAC12 long before any MWC school is even thought about and they will gladly move into the PAC12 regardless of the tv contract.  IMO only SDSU from the MWC might get a sniff from the PAC12, sorry Boise you won't get a look from the PAC.  BYU might get back into the fold but they may get shut out again.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

On 7/29/2021 at 7:55 PM, Warbow said:

..... the MWC.

Wyoming, Nevada, Utah St and New Mexico will end up in the Big Sky which will go FBS. 

Fresno St and San Jose St to CUSA. 

Air Force will end up in the AAC. 

I just came back from the future. This is the way it was in 2025. 

BTW, Trump is president then.

But will the Big 12 have that contract without OU and Texas? Isn't ESPN trying to shut them down right now? And would Fox pony up for the remaining schools? Anybody else going to throw $$$ at a watered down Big 12?

Just a thought.

18 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

But will the Big 12 have that contract without OU and Texas? Isn't ESPN trying to shut them down right now? And would Fox pony up for the remaining schools? Anybody else going to throw $$$ at a watered down Big 12?

Just a thought.

Yes they will until 2025. That’s the reason ESPN wishes they fold. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

2 hours ago, Warbow said:

Yes they will until 2025. That’s the reason ESPN wishes they fold. 

And Texas and OU are leaving in 2025.. so once they're gone, who's going to pay the rest of the big 12 $$$?

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

And Texas and OU are leaving in 2025.. so once they're gone, who's going to pay the rest of the big 12 $$$?

They will leave after this season, watch and see. Then the Big-12 invites those schools I mentioned. They should invite those schools as soon as possible to piss off Texas and Oklahoma. 

7 minutes ago, Warbow said:

They will leave after this season, watch and see. Then the Big-12 invites those schools I mentioned. They should invite those schools as soon as possible to piss off Texas and Oklahoma. 

They very well could leave after this year, and I'm sure they'll leave before 25. But I don't think there is anyone else that will bring the Big 12 what Texas and Oklahoma are taking with them, no matter who they bring in, that would actually go to the big 12 in this situation.  Are we certain that ESPN can't rework their contract before 25 because of the loss of those two? Obviously the contract is broken with those two hitting the road. Even if the big 12 does survive until 25 with backfill teams (Ohio St or USC is not going to the big 12, lol), no way their new contract in 25 is going to be near what it would have been if those two stayed. It could be a step above the G5 conferences, but for all intents and purposes, it's done.

If the Pac 12 is smart, they take Hawaii, travel subs or no, lol. But if that happens, remember your 9th island :D