Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Strongest Man In The World, Only 150lbs As Frosh In CO HS

The Strongest Man in the world is from Gillette, CO.

Blaine Sumner. His world records will be hard to beat in the decades ahead. In 2016 he broke the bench press record of 885 lbs, and now he’s at 1,015  lbs. He’s 6’-3” 400lbs. We could use a nose tackle like that. His squats are over a 1,000 lbs and has 42 lifting world records. Why is this guy not in the Olympics for us? 

https://trib.com/sports/chicken-shakes-help-power-gillettes-blaine-sumner-to-world-record-weight-lifts/article_637fe745-7ea5-5d13-8bd6-923680c51098.html

kat.jpg

You should go to Gillette, CO and meet the guy.

There is no Gillette, CO.  He lives in Gillette, Wyoming.  He did grow up in CO though.

Those are some ridiculously impressive numbers.

olympics only do the snatch and clean and jerk techniques.  Olympic weightlifting would be way more popular if they competed in movements like deadlift, squat, and bench that regular people who lift do.

gotta get that deadlift above 501kg to beat the mountain's record 

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

22 hours ago, Headbutt said:

You should go to Gillette, CO and meet the guy.

There is no Gillette, CO.  He lives in Gillette, Wyoming.  He did grow up in CO though.

Those are some ridiculously impressive numbers.

Yeah, woops.  It’s crazy. A Gorilla can dead lift 4,000 lbs and they’re vegetarians. Unlike humans, gorillas can metabolize cellulose and that’s how they do it. 

Trying out for the NFL he benched 225lbs 51 times. When I was living in Fort Collins about 8 years ago I totally got in shape and taking testosterone at the 25 year old amount per my doc, I did 18 reps of 225lbs at 5’-10” 195 lbs. That’s my drug doping record. Without the testosterone, I could do 14. 

kat.jpg