Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bigd

NBA Draft

Any MW players going to be picked tonight? I'd imagine Queta will at least go in the 2nd round. Has Alston been on many of the mock drafts?

22 minutes ago, bigd said:

Any MW players going to be picked tonight? I'd imagine Queta will at least go in the 2nd round. Has Alston been on many of the mock drafts?

Doubtful Alston gets drafted. Any chance Matt Mitchell gets picked? 

Queta ended up going to the Kings with the 39th pick. As a Kings fan I really like the fit, especially since we went with a guard (Mitchell from Baylor) with our first round pick. 

Bagley always seems to be injured, and it has yet to be determined if Richaun Holmes will return. Either way, Queta should definitely get some minutes and an opportunity to prove himself. I like that we picked two very defensive oriented players, as we definitely need help on that end. 

9 minutes ago, King Spartan said:

Tell this kings fan about Neemias Queta. What he can do well? What can't he do well?  

We know that he can absolutely dominate the paint in the MW. Now we'll see how that translates to the NBA. 

1 hour ago, King Spartan said:

Tell this kings fan about Neemias Queta. What he can do well? What can't he do well?  

Super happy for Neemi. Great kid that improved parts of his game each year in Logan. He is the first player from Portugal to be drafted, so the Kings just added a bunch of Portuguese fans. 

The good: Queta might be the best defensive big in the draft. He has great instincts and timing to challenge shots and rarely got in foul trouble. He is THE reason for USU's great defensive teams of late because he covered the paint so well. I think he's got a decent stroke for a big guy, but 15' was about the extent of his range in college. Also is a good passer. 

The bad: Doesn't have great lateral quickness. Sometimes gets caught ball watching. Will be interesting if Sacramento tries to extend his range out to the 3 point line. Had a knee injury (maybe a sprain? Never fully disclosed IIRC) the summer before his Sophomore year which kept him out for a long time and made him really tentative for a couple months once he started playing again. 

Here's some highlights from one of his last games at USU which is a personal favorite. He totally took over the last ~10 minutes. Trigger warning for CSU fans...Roddy is still probably having nightmares from this game. 

You mean nobody from UNLV got drafted? 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

Joining Alston and Jessup with the Warriors in the summer league is UCSB's JaQuori McLaughlin

Yes, he's the key to the Dubs winning another title :rotflmfao: