Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Will you go back to wearing a mask indoors?

14 minutes ago, Bob said:

Oh, wow!!!!!!!! you are so brave!!!! wow oh wow. You should get the presidential medal of freedom for your bravery!

Was I talking to you pinhead? Shut the +++++ up.

Anybody think that maybe Bob was duct taped to a chair at some point in his life?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

29 minutes ago, Bob said:

Lash out at your employers. They are doing this to you, not anyone else. Grow up. You reap what you sow.

Heh, I was just crabby because I didn't think to clean shave again today. Masks drive me nuts with facial hair. As long as I'm prepared, they go back to a minor annoying inconvenience.

On 8/3/2021 at 1:37 PM, NorCalCoug said:

Enjoy your false sense of security.

Actually, influenza numbers dropped off the edge of a cliff this year. Look them up. There is most certainly a causal relationship between all the public safety measures put in place last year to fight the pandemic and the abnormally low flu numbers this last season.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Actually, influenza numbers dropped off the edge of a cliff this year. Look them up. There is most certainly a casual relationship between all the public safety measures put in place last year to fight the pandemic and the abnormally low flu numbers this last season.

If you think masks really do you that much good, more power to you.  I for one will not put my trust in them.

v0icAvfW.jpg

38 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

If you think masks really do you that much good, more power to you.  I for one will not put my trust in them.

I don’t think anyone thinks they work 100 percent.. I certainly don’t take any security in wearing one, it’s made so I don’t infect someone else not to protect me. But the overwhelming majority of the scientific community says they help stop the spread and I tend to believe them.

2 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

I don’t think anyone thinks they work 100 percent.. I certainly don’t take any security in wearing one, it’s made so I don’t infect someone else not to protect me. But the overwhelming majority of the scientific community says they help stop the spread and I tend to believe them.

Yes, they’ve done a bang up job this pandemic. 👏 

v0icAvfW.jpg

47 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Actually, influenza numbers dropped off the edge of a cliff this year. Look them up. There is most certainly a casual relationship between all the public safety measures put in place last year to fight the pandemic and the abnormally low flu numbers this last season.

I think more of that had to do with societal behavioral changes in peak flu season than masks.  I read somewhere in January that folks polled stated they have increased hand washing, then add in the shut downs, no large gatherings, work from home.  It all makes sense.  Masks helped some I would logically think but not nearly to the extent that change in behavior did.  Just from what I have read and gathered, influenza has a larger life on objects and is transmitted by physical contact more than COVID which transmits through aerosols far better.  So I have no doubt masks helped, other shit helped a lot more it would appear.

8 hours ago, Stealthlobo said:

Heh, I was just crabby because I didn't think to clean shave again today. Masks drive me nuts with facial hair. As long as I'm prepared, they go back to a minor annoying inconvenience.

But...

I definitely milk not shaving for an extra day or two when I have appointments and I know I'll be wearing a mask.

3 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I think more of that had to do with societal behavioral changes in peak flu season than masks.  I read somewhere in January that folks polled stated they have increased hand washing, then add in the shut downs, no large gatherings, work from home.  It all makes sense.  Masks helped some I would logically think but not nearly to the extent that change in behavior did.  Just from what I have read and gathered, influenza has a larger life on objects and is transmitted by physical contact more than COVID which transmits through aerosols far better.  So I have no doubt masks helped, other shit helped a lot more it would appear.

I was just about to respond to NoCal's post with essentially the same sentiment - that in all fairness, the drop in flu numbers was in fact a combination of many things, including mask mandates, but also inclusive of social distancing and behavior changes (e.g., shopping routines, social gatherings, etc) as you mentioned. Absolutely. But the effectiveness of masks in slowing the spread of airborne pathogens is unquestionable.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

8 hours ago, toonkee said:

But...

I definitely milk not shaving for an extra day or two when I have appointments and I know I'll be wearing a mask.

I usually wear a beard, but for some reason just can't for 12+ hour shifts while wearing a mask.  I finally grew it back after the mask mandate relaxed, but now back to pandemic shaving...

I went to Vegas this weekend the day after the mandate.  It was a tad annoying to get used to wearing it again, especially in the heat, but it really wasn't a big deal

12 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Exactly. A lot of it too was the high attention paid to disinfecting in public places. Custodial staff have been the unsung heroes of this thing.