Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Will you go back to wearing a mask indoors?

10 hours ago, sean327 said:

I’ve changed my mind. I will not put a mask on again period! I have a damn get out of jail free card. I’m not the problem. The idiot anti-vaxers are the problem. I got the shots, so I’m not playing the game anymore. 

I am right there with you. I did my part and got vaccinated. The full consequences of letting this pandemic rage on need to be put squarely in the laps of the @Bob's Pester the hell out of them, make life inconvenient, fine them for getting Covid, or needing hospitalization. Make life a giant pain in the ass until they get the vaccine. 

10 hours ago, DoubleBlueGold said:

In case, anyone wants to meet late night at the Best Buy lot, this is what I look like;

Danny Trejo Launches 'Trejo's Music' Record Label: Exclusive | Billboard |  Billboard

Meh...77.  He can take you.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

14 hours ago, sean327 said:

I’ve changed my mind. I will not put a mask on again period! I have a damn get out of jail free card. I’m not the problem. The idiot anti-vaxers are the problem. I got the shots, so I’m not playing the game anymore. 

Remember that the vaccine does not provide not unicorn immunity; it is just another layer of protection. The published efficacy of the vaccines (call it 90% on average) does not take into account exposure as a function of viral load or the more recent published findings out of Israel that efficacy wanes over time. Nor does it take into account living in the Mississippi of the West where you're likely to be exposed more than in locales where a greater percentage of the people are vaccinated.

I'm sick and tired of wearing the +++++ing things myself - especially now that we're in the middle of summer and it's hot out- but for those who are pragmatically minded and risk adverse when it comes to contracting a novel virus that comes with all sorts of shitty side effects, it's probably not a bad idea to revert to a more protective stance, especially if that person has or routinely comes into contact with someone with comorbidity issues.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

38 minutes ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Remember that the vaccine does not provide not unicorn immunity; it is just another layer of protection.

That's too bad.

Those unicorn horns can be deadly.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Machete don't #MWCBoard. :ph34r:

How do you know, ese???

why the CDC went back to mask recommendations.

"A report released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirms that fully vaccinated people are getting breakthrough infections of COVID-19 caused by the delta variant, and if they do get it, they might be as likely to spread it as unvaccinated people."

https://www.cnet.com/health/breakthrough-covid-infections-in-fully-vaccinated-people-arent-so-rare-cdc-says/

On 7/28/2021 at 5:12 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I never had a problem with it originally but think it is pointless for vaccinated people.  I'm not going to put employees in the awkward position of confronting me for not wearing one though, so back to the mask it is.

Mask mandates in your cities?  I know Nevada just issued one.

Fvck no I’m not unless I have to. 

kat.jpg

17 hours ago, sean327 said:

The anti-vaxers certainly don’t make it easy, but the problem lies with the mostly left politicians that just can’t let the masks and control go. They just need to have the balls to let them die, and put them as low priority at ER’s and hospitals so normal problems people have won’t be affected. Maybe that’ll get more people to get vax’d. 

kat.jpg

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Remember that the vaccine does not provide not unicorn immunity; it is just another layer of protection. The published efficacy of the vaccines (call it 90% on average) does not take into account exposure as a function of viral load or the more recent published findings out of Israel that efficacy wanes over time. Nor does it take into account living in the Mississippi of the West where you're likely to be exposed more than in locales where a greater percentage of the people are vaccinated.

I'm sick and tired of wearing the +++++ing things myself - especially now that we're in the middle of summer and it's hot out- but for those who are pragmatically minded and risk adverse when it comes to contracting a novel virus that comes with all sorts of shitty side effects, it's probably not a bad idea to revert to a more protective stance, especially if that person has or routinely comes into contact with someone with comorbidity issues.

I'm with you on being sick and tired of wearing them... yet I just went back to it last week. I halved my beard as well, because it was too much of a pain in the ass to deal with under a mask in the middle of summer. 

3 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

I had COVID in January and am fully vaccinated. I’ll take my chances. Maybe enough of the dumb ass anti-vaxxers will die off to end this crap. I’m at the point now where I say we should just let nature and Darwin take their course. I’m not going to have any sympathy for the dumb pricks who won’t get the shots because some Flat Earther/Chemtrail/5G conspiracy freak on YouTube told them not to. It’s time to cull the herd of stupid people. You don’t want to get the shots? Fine that’s your right, but it’s my right to quit giving a shit about you. 
Im willing to bet that when these dip shits die of COVID and they meet God, he’s going to tell them they were stupid.

Now that we're all good and tired of being dragged around by masks being last years superstar of the culture war(thank you Simone Biles for filling that void), how do we feel about these studies that showed unexpected benefits?

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/03/30/981303287/should-masking-last-beyond-the-pandemic-flu-and-colds-are-down-spurring-a-debate

The number of flu deaths among children is usually between 100 and 200 per year, but so far only one child has died from the disease in the U.S. during the 2020-2021 flu season.

Adults aren't getting sick either. U.S. flu deaths this season will be measured in the hundreds instead of thousands. During the 2018-2019 flu season, which experienced a moderate level of flu activity, an estimated 34,200 Americans died.