Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Will you go back to wearing a mask indoors?

If CA still had the tiered system in place, the metrics for SD County two weeks ago would have placed us in the red tier.

However, unlike March-April 2020, people are going on with a false sense of security either thinking they have unicorn immunity from COVID (despite data as well as the published, peer reviewed evidence indicating otherwise) or operating under the dangerous assumption that the people w/o masks in stores are vaccinated.

My personal (albeit presumptive) opinion is that a majority of the people masked are vaccinated, and that a majority of unvaccinated people are happily going around w/o masks.

Russian roulette with a ten cylinder revolver is still Russian roulette. So yes.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

8 hours ago, CPslograd said:

My daughter went to private school all year and wore a mask all year and they all thought it was a big deal, so don't come at me with that.

and Covid is a respitory flu like illness, it isn't going away, just like the flu isn't going away.  

The Spanish flu never went away either, it became part of endemic flu

Well of course, her biggest influence(parent) pretty obviously has a problem with it. I've worked in both public and private school settings, and honestly I am not surprised at all that they might have an issue with it. Most private schools have a pretty clear congruent train of thought throughout faculty and parents. If there is any divergence from adherence to the norm, it usually comes from some of the kids wanting to venture outside of it. I'm pretty sure almost all of the parents with kids in your daughter's school also held similar beliefs as you. 

Last year was a challenge in every aspect, but I worked with pre k all the way through sped adult school. The biggest challenges were from the parents and staff. But almost nobody had problems with their kids and students wearing masks unless they had hangups themselves. The kids were fine! It was almost bizarre watching kids act more like adults than their parents at times. They really came together to support each other through the mess. This generation is going to do amazing things.

As to the armchair ruminations on the science of covid? Don't come at me with that, lol. You obviously aren't an expert and neither am I. Why can't we just agree to trust them without projecting our own political hangups on their expertise and advice?

24 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Exactly.  Are they using multi factor regression analyses to determine the strength of the correlation and make sure it isn't other factors, or not cherry picked data. Probably not.  

Furthermore, how many schools didn't have mask mandates until they were hit hard and then added them? Seems to me we've been very very reactive to this and that would describe the numbers equally well. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Sinks in the classroom with the teachers watching dipshit

Interesting, my friends who are teachers do absolutely none of that, so perhaps you should switch schools to a safe space of the unwashed masses where washing hands doesn't produce tears.

I wonder if your kids are whiny brats because their parents are pathetic little pussies?  Attitudes are influenced in the home.   Little brats aren't just born, they are made by brittle-spirited little bitches.  And a piece of cloth has absolutely crippled your life.  I always try to say the military isn't getting softer, but you make it harder to make my point.

1 hour ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'm very handsome, so hiding my face is hard.

You folks would not understand.

You're right, I dont understand.

The thought of you being handsome seems implausible...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

21 minutes ago, Bob said:

Can’t switch schools to escape this. No private schools here. But glad you are calling my children pussies because the teacher makes them scrub their hands til they bleed and they have no choice. 

Actually, he called you a pathetic little pussy.  And a brittle-spirited little bitch.  He called your kids whiny brats.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, RSF said:

Actually, he called you a pathetic little pussy.  And a brittle-spirited little bitch.  He called your kids whiny brats.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

Further, just to be totally clear, it’s entirely bobs fault that his kids are brats.

36 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Interesting, my friends who are teachers do absolutely none of that, so perhaps you should switch schools to a safe space of the unwashed masses where washing hands doesn't produce tears.

I wonder if your kids are whiny brats because their parents are pathetic little pussies?  Attitudes are influenced in the home.   Little brats aren't just born, they are made by brittle-spirited little bitches.  And a piece of cloth has absolutely crippled your life.  I always try to say the military isn't getting softer, but you make it harder to make my point.

holy shit GIF

27 minutes ago, Bob said:

Can’t switch schools to escape this. No private schools here. But glad you are calling my children pussies because the teacher makes them scrub their hands til they bleed and they have no choice. 

Bob, it's a very simple solution. Have your kids keep a small bottle of hand lotion in their backpacks to use after washing their hands. I keep a bottle of hand lotion in my desk to use after washing my hands every class period. No cuts, no cracks, no dry hands. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

43 minutes ago, Bob said:

Lol. There’s always some excuse. 

this is you on every thread asking you to do literally anything

37 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

this ain't it eca

29 minutes ago, Bob said:

This isn't true. There's charter in Snowy Range Academy, there's school of choice in Prep, there's a catholic school in St Lawrence, there's connections academy. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I have pretty much checked out on wearing masks. I will wear them if the establishment requires it, I have no problem at all with that. But if there is no requirement, I really don't want to put it back on. I'm tired of the restrictions. At some point we need to trust the science and let the vaccines work.

The problem now is that the Delta variant has come in and doesn't care what we want. Reports are that the vaccines are not very effective against it. At the beginning of the month, J & J released a study that showed their vaccine was effective, which made me very happy since that is what I got. But a new report has come out with an independent study that shows that on the contrary, it is much less effective against the Delta variant.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/20/health/coronavirus-johnson-vaccine-delta.html

This study has not been reviewed or published, so I am trusting the J&J study until then. There is also the reports about the Pfizer vaccine, showing that it may also be much less effective against the Delta variant-https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

Moderna also gave a statement that their vaccine is effective against the variant. https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/07/which-vaccine-is-best-for-protection-against-the-delta-variant.html

The problem is that there is not enough data. I am willing to mask up again if it becomes a requirement, I want to see this end. I figure getting a regular booster shot is going to be the new norm. I just want this to be over.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

37 minutes ago, Bob said:

No, I am calling you a pussy for creating a home environment that created kids that cry over washing their hands.  Pussy.

15 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Bob, it's a very simple solution. Have your kids keep a small bottle of hand lotion in their backpacks to use after washing their hands. I keep a bottle of hand lotion in my desk to use after washing my hands every class period. No cuts, no cracks, no dry hands. 

55 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Go On Popcorn GIF by swerk

1 minute ago, Bob said:

+++++ you. You think it's OK for kids to be made to wash their hands so excessively they bleed? It's a blessing to the world you don't have kids. I would feel sorry for them. I'm done with you, you creep.  

You are soft, and I weep for the future generations due to little pussies like you who continue the very "pussification of America" I bet you bitch about.  Cry more, +++++ your feelings, snowflake. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

wow. Lotion? no way? really

HAve you experienced basically zero humidity, cold, windy weather? You don't understand and don't try to tell me you do, you CA boy. Cortizone helps, but you can't use that as a long term solution. Plus it's a genetic thing, I guess. I suffer from dry skin, too. +++++ you, as well.

Bob, I offered a logical solution and your response was to tell me to go F myself. It's obvious that you're only looking for confrontation and I'm sorry about your kids. That's something you need to consult your family doctor about and then bring it to the administration to answer. As a teacher I'm only doing what my administration tells me to do. I have no say in policy making. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg