Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Will you go back to wearing a mask indoors?

8 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I am fully vaccinated and think it is stupid for vaccinated people to put on a mask. I will try to get away without wearing one as much as I can. 

I don't think it's ever stupid to wear a mask. It is probably overkill, to be sure. But stupid? No. It could help. And it can't hurt. Overly cautious though it may be, that's not stupid. Millions and millions in a lot of Asian countries wear masks every winter as a matter of course, and had done so long before anyone had heard of Covid-19.

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

I don't think it's ever stupid to wear a mask. It is probably overkill, to be sure. But stupid? No. It could help. And it can't hurt. Overly cautious though it may be, that's not stupid. Millions and millions in a lot of Asian countries wear masks every winter as a matter of course, and have done so long before anyone had heard of Covid-19.

I have been to Japan a few times and am aware of the mask use in their society. Mask use is just catering to the unvaccinated at this point. I am not going to be inconvenienced or uncomfortable because they won't get their act together.  I have done my part to mitigate the risk to myself an others around me. 

If a business requires a mask I will wear one, If Boise implements an indoor mask mandate then I will avoid shopping or dining in Boise. I will go to Meridian, or Eagle, or Nampa 

2 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I have been to Japan a few times and am aware of the mask use in their society. Mask use is just catering to the unvaccinated at this point. I am not going to be inconvenienced or uncomfortable because they won't get their act together.  I have done my part to mitigate the risk to myself an others around me. 

at this point it's the bobs fault isn't it? mask use is getting to be mandatory again because people are too lazy to get a shot and too dishonest to believe about vaccination status. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

6 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Oh, I think that's perfectly fine. Just pushing back on the idea that it's stupid. It's not stupid. Just overkill. In my case, my daughter is not yet eligible to be vaxxed, so I still wear a mask in public indoor places when I am with her (which isn't very often to be honest). Just my way of telling her it is OK to wear one. When I am not with her, I don't typically wear one. 

28 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I don't get the mask angst. I'm vaxxed and will wear one if required. If not I won't. It just isn't a big deal to me.

I'm very handsome, so hiding my face is hard.

You folks would not understand.

24 minutes ago, happycamper said:

at this point it's the bobs fault isn't it? mask use is getting to be mandatory again because people are too lazy to get a shot and too dishonest to believe about vaccination status. 

I wore a mask faithfully everyday, and encouraged others to use one when they and social distancing were our primary tools for fighting COVID.  Now that we have the vaccine that is our primary tool, and mask mandates are just catering to the Bob's so they don't end up in the ICU. Fu^#k them! It is their fault we are in this spot, so all of the consequences should be put squarely in their lap, not mine. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

Bull shit. Each kid I know that had to wear a mask hated it. Absolutely hated it.

We all hated it you fool!!  Some recognized it was a what we had to do to help each other out. Some like you were selfish and put us all at risk. 

11 minutes ago, Bob said:

Bull shit. Each kid I know that had to wear a mask hated it. Absolutely hated it.

my youngest dislikes them mostly because her nose isn't big enough to hold them up, my oldest picks out cute ones and accessorizes around them. either way, no hatred.

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

What if. I told you. Mask didn't do jack +++++ing shit. To slow the virus?

You're a bitch if you wear one. Mask non-compliance is how this is going to end.

I bet all of you mask-wearing sheep would stick a dildo up your ass if the CDC told you it would keep you safe.

you spout a constant torrent of non-supported statements that all coincidentally allow bob to be as lazy as possible, what is one more?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

What if. I told you. Masks didn't do jack +++++ing shit. To slow the virus?

You're a bitch if you wear one. Mask non-compliance is how this is going to end.

I bet all of you mask-wearing sheep would stick a dildo up your ass if the CDC told you it would keep you safe.

You are a Fu&$%!g moron. 

It has been pointed out repeatedly to you why masks work , time and time again in this forum.  I get that you have a shit filled cranium and it's difficult for you to understand. 

5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

my youngest dislikes them mostly because her nose isn't big enough to hold them up, my oldest picks out cute ones and accessorizes around them. either way, no hatred.

you spout a constant torrent of non-supported statements that all coincidentally allow bob to be as lazy as possible, what is one more?

My daughter has about 25 different mask with every color and design you can think of. 

1 minute ago, Bob said:

I'll tell you what my kids hated more than masks was being forced to wash their hands so often they cracked and bled. Even after I talked to the teachers and principal they would not relent on their asinine policy. That's pretty much child abuse. 

yeah that would absolutely suck especially in such a dry climate. That performative bullshit is counterproductive and pisses me off. 

Just now, Bob said:

Explain why schools with NO MASKS did as well as school with masks, moron. 

probably because you're misunderstanding correlation and causation

11 minutes ago, Bob said:

What if. I told you. Masks didn't do jack +++++ing shit. To slow the virus?

Hmmm. I hadn't heard you say this. Well, I guess if you end up being right I would say I was mildly inconvenienced, but it was still worth the effort until we knew definitively one way or the other. Could help. Can't hurt. Seems more rational than spending 18 months on a message board whining like, to use your term, a bitch. 

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

Explain why schools with NO MASKS did as well as school with masks, moron. 

Urban areas required them, rural more conservative places didn't. I would guess larger classroom sizes is a big correlative. 

Also I think masks do very little the way they are used/enforced in schools. 7 year olds can't wear them properly or keep them on. Kids are always touching each other too.

Just now, happycamper said:

yeah that would absolutely suck especially in such a dry climate. That performative bullshit is counterproductive and pisses me off. 

probably because you're misunderstanding correlation and causation

Exactly.  Are they using multi factor regression analyses to determine the strength of the correlation and make sure it isn't other factors, or not cherry picked data. Probably not.  

26 minutes ago, Bob said:

I'll tell you what my kids hated more than masks was being forced to wash their hands so often they cracked and bled. Even after I talked to the teachers and principal they would not relent on their asinine policy. That's pretty much child abuse. 

Were there people in the bathrooms forcing kids to wash hands?  Why didn't you just switch schools if there were prison guards outside the bathroom?  Seems like your fragility could have been eased that way.