Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Will you go back to wearing a mask indoors?

41 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

400,000 people, do you really think security is going to be pulling test and vac cards along with tickets and ID?

And, it originally started that you had to be vaccinated to attend, then a negative test within 24 hours, then they snuck in a negative test within 72 hours.  

Yes. Since I'm now back in the classroom (Whoop! new job!!) I'll be forced to wear a mask as my district is enforcing a mask mandate for all students and teachers. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

7 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I never had a problem with it originally but think it is pointless for vaccinated people.  I'm not going to put employees in the awkward position of confronting me for not wearing one though, so back to the mask it is.

Mask mandates in your cities?  I know Nevada just issued one.

That's a negative Ghost rider, I will not be donning a mask again, unless I'm on someone else's dime.  Which means if a customer or my employer requires it, then I will.  But if I'm on my dime and time, then no way Jose.

24 minutes ago, ridgeview2 said:

Yes. Since I'm now back in the classroom (Whoop! new job!!) I'll be forced to wear a mask as my district is enforcing a mask mandate for all students and teachers. 

Yep, that's the deal, if someone i s paying for your time, then you gotta do it.

So, how bout a store or restaurant that requires it?  That's the more interesting part.  

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

For your health, I hope this is just sarcasm.  We may argue, but I don't want to see any of y'all catch an illness for a reason like that.

What?

Come on, the mask doesn't do shit, especially if you are vaccinated.  Are you trying to shame him with this post?  

6 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Yep, that's the deal, if someone i s paying for your time, then you gotta do it.

So, how bout a store or restaurant that requires it?  That's the more interesting part.  

See, that interesting part is where I find myself wondering what to do.  I'm pretty set that I simply will not wear a mask in an establishment that is not enforcing one, and will wear one that asks me too. I think asking me to mask up when I have the shots is dumb but I am not going to make some poor employee work harder on my account and ask me to do it.

6 hours ago, Maji said:

If I'm cold or feeling ugly

So in Japan, girls will wear masks sometimes if they don't have time to do their makeup, since it is common practice to wear masks when you might be ill, no one asks about it.  My brother told me about it long before covid

3 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

So in Japan, girls will wear masks sometimes if they don't have time to do their makeup, since it is common practice to wear masks when you might be ill, no one asks about it.  My brother told me about it long before covid

That's sort of similar to what I do. I’ve been wearing one if I'm out in public and didn't "get ready."

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

See, that interesting part is where I find myself wondering what to do.  I'm pretty set that I simply will not wear a mask in an establishment that is not enforcing one, and will wear one that asks me too. I think asking me to mask up when I have the shots is dumb but I am not going to make some poor employee work harder on my account and ask me to do it.

That was my philosophy before the vaccine.  Now, phuck that,  if they require a mask, my vaccinated ass is walking out of the store.  I'm not going to condone this horseshit.

12 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

What?

Come on, the mask doesn't do shit, especially if you are vaccinated.  Are you trying to shame him with this post?  

No.  What I am saying is that having a dirty mask to be obnoxious is unhealthy.  I personally don't care who wears one, but if you do, at least have a clean one, for your own health's sake.  

You most definitely read that wrong.

9 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

No.  What I am saying is that having a dirty mask to be obnoxious is unhealthy.  I personally don't care who wears one, but if you do, at least have a clean one, for your own health's sake.  

My apologies, you are correct, and I read that wrong.

10 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Awright, awright, awright.  I see where you are going here.

By the end of this, the masks were the most unsantitary thing my family has ever been a part of.  We would be like, hey you want to go to 31 flavors, "sure Dad".  And then we would park and start to get out of the car, and we would be a mask or two short, and we were all scrounging around the car looking for a dirty mask, so we could go get an ice cream.  Crazy shit, and I know we weren't the only ones.

44 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Please think of all the shit employees have to take from people in these places. And now on top of having to deal with enforcing rules on obnoxious customers, many places are also short staffed.

14 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Awright, awright, awright.  I see where you are going here.

By the end of this, the masks were the most unsantitary thing my family has ever been a part of.  We would be like, hey you want to go to 31 flavors, "sure Dad".  And then we would park and start to get out of the car, and we would be a mask or two short, and we were all scrounging around the car looking for a dirty mask, so we could go get an ice cream.  Crazy shit, and I know we weren't the only ones.

I think I have owned maybe a dozen masks total.  But I washed mine four at a time and would never wear one more than a day at a time.  I still have three, one in my car and two in my sock drawer.  I would never put a dirty mask on my face.  I've already been through Iraq, I don't need to re-live living in filth.  I am also pretty happy that I can say not one has been left in a parking lot or anywhere else but a trash can or a fire pit.

11 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I think I have owned maybe a dozen masks total.  But I washed mine four at a time and would never wear one more than a day at a time.  I still have three, one in my car and two in my sock drawer.  I would never put a dirty mask on my face.  I've already been through Iraq, I don't need to re-live living in filth.  I am also pretty happy that I can say not one has been left in a parking lot or anywhere else but a trash can or a fire pit.

I hear you, that's the ideal.  I have three kids, getting in and out of the car all the time.  I don't know what to tell you, but yah, if your kid doesn't have a mask, and he wants an ice cream, or has to go to tutoring, or some other deal, you do what you got to do.