Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Will you go back to wearing a mask indoors?

I never had a problem with it originally but think it is pointless for vaccinated people.  I'm not going to put employees in the awkward position of confronting me for not wearing one though, so back to the mask it is.

Mask mandates in your cities?  I know Nevada just issued one.

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I never had a problem with it originally but think it is pointless for vaccinated people.  I'm not going to put employees in the awkward position of confronting me for not wearing one though, so back to the mask it is.

Mask mandates in your cities?  I know Nevada just issued one.

Sure if needed. Probably soon, but have not done so yet.  I’m hearing the D-variant is probably going to burn through much of the population w/in a few weeks. Gottlieb from this morning:

Only for those businesses that demand it. No point making a scene that gets you nowhere. I’ve never wore one outdoors since the beginning of the pandemic and I’m not going to change now unless they won’t let me into a Bronco football game without one. Then I’ll remove it once I get in. Hard to yell with a mask on. 

When I was in college at Davis, they used to have this thing in the spring called 'Whole Earth Festival.' Basically like a 4 day hippie party on campus, and buses full of stinking phish fans would descend. All vendors served vegetarian food, and served it on washable wares that were collected by an army of volunteers to prevent waste and carbon footprint. 

While I was there, every year my buddies and I would set up an all meat, charcoal bbq spot where we would drink beers and hand out food on disposable plates. Cuz +++++ those assholes for ruining my campus.

In the same spirit, I have started wearing my mask indoors and outdoors. Cuz anti mask right wingers are worse than hippies. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

3 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

When I was in college at Davis, they used to have this thing in the spring called 'Whole Earth Festival.' Basically like a 4 day hippie party on campus, and buses full of stinking phish fans would descend. All vendors served vegetarian food, and served it on washable wares that were collected by an army of volunteers to prevent waste and carbon footprint. 

While I was there, every year my buddies and I would set up an all meat, charcoal bbq spot where we would drink beers and hand out food on disposable plates. Cuz +++++ those assholes for ruining my campus.

In the same spirit, I have started wearing my mask indoors and outdoors. Cuz anti mask tight wingers are worse than hippies. 

Phish fans are just the worst people.

4 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Only for those businesses that demand it. No point making a scene that gets you nowhere. I’ve never wore one outdoors since the beginning of the pandemic and I’m not going to change now 

Pretty much this.  I put up with it until the vaccinations came, I got mine, that was my deal, and I accomplished my goal.  I recently moved so I don't know many people where I am, but if I meet some folks and get invited to their house, I will go, and if they tell me to wear one, I will, and then not go back there after.  

Given that I spend the majority of my time at home now, probably not.  But if I go someplace that wants one on, I'll oblige.  Because its just not a big enough deal to go all Bob on some poor schmuck who's just doing their job.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Just now, son of a gun said:

With cases of it breaking through the vaccine, a bit of extra protection never hurt.

Plus, I don't want to be mistaken for one of the Bobs or Karens out there.

Just go blackface and it won't be questiond.  You got 3/10s of my blessing.  :cheers:

WSJ put out an Israeli study that states the Pfizer vaccine is only 38% effective against the Delta Variant but 93% effective keeping from serious illness.  I’m seeing quite a few question those numbers but a new report hours ago states that after 18 months the vaccine is only 50% effective.  So, we’re definitely getting booster shots not far down the road.  

I told the girlfriend I’d wear a mask while grocery shopping to put her at ease as she’s a bit higher risk with her asthma.  

1 minute ago, tailingpermit said:

WSJ put out an Israeli study that states the Pfizer vaccine is only 38% effective against the Delta Variant but 93% effective keeping from serious illness.  I’m seeing quite a few question those numbers but a new report hours ago states that after 18 months the vaccine is only 50% effective.  So, we’re definitely getting booster shots not far down the road.  

I told the girlfriend I’d wear a mask while grocery shopping to put her at ease as she’s a bit higher risk with her asthma.  

Pfizer is already recommending the boosters.  Haven't heard on Moderna, so no idea where I stand here.  I don't mind a booster if it helps keep the gym open.  I mean, I had 2 extra anthrax shots, what's a little extra Covid?

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

Pfizer is already recommending the boosters.  Haven't heard on Moderna, so no idea where I stand here.  I don't mind a booster if it helps keep the gym open.  I mean, I had 2 extra anthrax shots, what's a little extra Covid?

I just hope the roll out is smoother this time, the real question is when will be the appropriate time for the booster shot?

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

You people still believe masks do anything whatsoever. lol. You can't give up your security blankies. cute

Just think of it as a perfect place to advertise, “Biden Sucks.”

Do it for your party, Bob!

20 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Only for those businesses that demand it. No point making a scene that gets you nowhere. I’ve never wore one outdoors since the beginning of the pandemic and I’m not going to change now unless they won’t let me into a Bronco football game without one. Then I’ll remove it once I get in. Hard to yell with a mask on. 

Yeah, if there is a sign on the door asking for one I will.  If there isn't, I won't.  I did my part but not going to throw a fit or make an employee confront me.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, if there is a sign on the door asking for one I will.  If there isn't, I won't.  I did my part but not going to throw a fit or make an employee confront me.

Pretty much what I'll do too. Gotta remember to keep one on me again <_<

23 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

In the same spirit, I have started wearing my mask indoors and outdoors. Cuz anti mask tight wingers are worse than hippies. 

If you forward this information to the former governor of NV, and current president of The University of Nevada, Brian Sandoval, you might get an honorary PhD, just for being a graduate level, wiseass.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

6 minutes ago, Bob said:

True Believers of The Science will dutifully wear their masks. LMAO, some of you people are pathetic and would follow the flip-flopping CDC off a cliff if they told you it would cure covid.

Just for that outburst I’m going to triple mask!!!!

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

True Believers of The Science will dutifully wear their masks. LMAO, some of you people are pathetic and would follow the flip-flopping CDC off a cliff if they told you it would cure covid.

I will dutifully wear my mask where required or asked to.  But to those people who think I'm smiling at them from behind my mask, I'm not.  I'm mouthing the words, "phuck you."

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

44 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

Yup.  My toddler's daycare has required them since the beginning for parents picking up (toddlers don't have to wear them).  My older kid's daycare requires them for the kids (4-10) but not for parents picking up. Only will wear at a store if required.

Was actually going to pick up some N95 masks for outside use (for the 2.5 pm smoke particles) because of the nasty wildfire season and I run outside a lot. But then the air quality got nice.

Boise spring game required masks and had security people going around politely asking folks to put them on, but most people just did the neck diaper thing.