Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

damianshorns

The Big 12 has sent a "cease and desist" letter to ESPN

2 hours ago, Cougar King said:

ESPN basically told Bowlsby to sit down and stfu.

NOBODY crosses ESPN and lives to tell about it.

you don't mess with the mouse...they'll learn

mem skyline sig.jpeg

4 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

you don't mess with the mouse...they'll learn

You've seen the mental gymnastics on this board. They really think the AAC won't walk out of this stronger 

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

1 minute ago, Cougar King said:

You've seen the mental gymnastics on this board. They really think the AAC won't walk out of this stronger 

I have no idea what will happen but crossing Disney or their properties (like ESPN) is not wise...there is a lot of schadenfreude on this board towards the AAC but that's OK. That's the nature of sports.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

7 hours ago, Cougar King said:

You’ll be in the Big 12 in a few years anyway, so why do you care what happens to the bums you leave behind?

14 hours ago, Cougar King said:

They allow you to post while working your shift at Circle K?

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

20 hours ago, Cougar King said:

Bowlsby will be out of a job soon.

You still need 1,200+ more posts to catch Whoosh as AAC Troll/Dumbass Comment "King" but if this realignment stuff goes on long enough, my money's on you to overtake him.

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

To jog your memory, it was actually 8. Didn't become 9 until TCU was added in 2005.

But I get your point. The MWC's best years were when it had 9 members.

Good catch - Yes, 8.........one half the WAC 16 !!

On 7/28/2021 at 3:48 PM, RebelRobert said:

Big_12.crybaby.png.acfa2a37f48c5e9e6e2047f110924d95.png

Isn’t this the logo for UNLV football?  You just changed the XII logo from the UNLV. 

Fight On For Dear Old San Jose State;

Fight On For Victory!

We Are With You In Every Way.

No Matter What The Price May Be!

Onward For Sparta Noble And True,

Fight Hard In Everything You Do!

And So We'll Fight! (Rah!) Win! (Rah!)

March Onward Down the Field

And We Will Win The Day!

S...J...S...U,  S-J-S-U,  San Jose State!

On 7/28/2021 at 9:39 PM, RSF said:

I have NO idea if this is true, and I am NOT claiming to be wired in, but its so funny I just had to share, just this once.  Especially with today's news.

OU allegedly cant afford the buyout.  UT is prepared to loan them the money.  But, no conference, no buyout.

Lols re that.  If T. Boone were alive this would be chump change for State. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 7/29/2021 at 4:22 PM, UofMTigers said:

I have no idea what will happen but crossing Disney or their properties (like ESPN) is not wise...there is a lot of schadenfreude on this board towards the AAC but that's OK. That's the nature of sports.

During the New Mexico Bowl played in Dallas against Houston (hi Coogs fans), Hawaii had a player named Dior Scott who was a main character in Last Chance U (Laney College, Oakland) a Netflix property.  I was looking for this and i rewatched.  The ESPN announcers would not ever say his name.

Even if he fielded a punt return or I think he made one more play with the ball.  Would not say his name.

I could see how the announcers might not say a hard to pronounce Polynesian name.  But not “Scott.” And it wasn’t like they were finishing up a thought and just didn’t mention his name.

We’ll see if this continues when Hawaii plays UCLA on ESPN on 8/28.  

On 9/11, Hawaii plays Oregon State and they have a DB from Last Chance U, but the game is broadcasted by FOX Sports, so maybe they’ll get a mention.  Or not. 

Streaming wars is serious business.  Also, I started noticing Mickey Mouse things on my kids clothes and toys.  I’m becoming woke.

This balloon in my kids room is monitoring my thoughts.  Balloon obtained from birthday party last week.  Be safe.  

DF4C3515-386C-4EFF-8574-27C0E98899CE.jpeg

On 7/29/2021 at 1:12 PM, RSF said:

The good product part is arguable.  They've never been able to sustain anything in a long, LONG time.  It was 2015 the last time they had a good football team.  Kelvin Sampson has done a better job in basketball, but then bball has always been less of an issue for them.  They get good, coach leaves, suck again.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

You're forgetting about that part when we were co joined with you in SWC, the precursor to XII.  How did all of UH sports success go back then, consistently?  TCU went to the Cotton Bowl how many times since 1959?  UH four times in our relatively short life of SWCdom.

All three UH modern-day power football coaches who bolted to greener pastures are doing exactly what now? 

As a final sidebar re UH to XII in football.  We have played 108 games with the remaining members.  We are 54-3-51 all time.  No games ever with Kansas State, Iowa State, and West Virginia.  For the other five, one win up on State, one win up on TCU, 5 wins up on Tech, one game down to Baylor and we have never beaten Kansas (oops). 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

Like I said, NOBODY crosses ESPN and gets away with it.

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

3 hours ago, Cougar King said:

Like I said, NOBODY crosses ESPN and gets away with it.

Here is the main thing IMHO: "We have agreed to not escalate this publicly. It's in neither party's best interest to do so."  Do you really think ESPN wants this public?   The Mouse was caught with their hand in the cookie jar the Big12 slapped it.  The two talked behind closed doors, I have not seen much talk of the AAC raiding the Big12 anymore (other than on the AAC board).  So it looks like the cease and desist letter did it's job, so now the two are playing nice again.

6 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

Here is the main thing IMHO: "We have agreed to not escalate this publicly. It's in neither party's best interest to do so."  Do you really think ESPN wants this public?   The Mouse was caught with their hand in the cookie jar the Big12 slapped it.  The two talked behind closed doors, I have not seen much talk of the AAC raiding the Big12 anymore (other than on the AAC board).  So it looks like the cease and desist letter did it's job, so now the two are playing nice again.

And we STILL havent heard a peep from Aresco.  Pretty fair chance Burke Magnus has him locked in a broom closet in Bristol.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 7/28/2021 at 3:41 PM, damianshorns said:
Pete Thamel

@PeteThamel

Breaking: The Big 12 has sent a "cease and desist" letter to ESPN. The letter demands ESPN end "all actions that may harm the conference and its members and that it not communicate with the Big 12 Conference's existing members.... 1/2
or any NCAA conference regarding the Big 12 conference's members, possible conference realignment or potential financial incentive or outcomes related to possible conference realignment." More soon on

When will these hot shots learn to just cool their jets?!

ESPN, just come back to BSU where we treat you right...

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, RSF said:

And we STILL havent heard a peep from Aresco.  Pretty fair chance Burke Magnus has him locked in a broom closet in Bristol.

yea asking him what kind of a dumb ass just forwards emails with the chain of recipients on them

YOU WANT TRADITION? WELL......HERE 'TIS......The University of North Texas has football wins over: Texas Tech U......Rice U......Baylor U......TCU......SMU......Houston......Oklahoma State......San Diego St.......Kansas State......Arizona State.......Colorado State......Brigham Young......Oregon State......Florida......Indiana......Tennessee (a 6 & 5 SEC team & still our biggest win in school history)......Boise State......Louisville......Cincinatti (our last match-up with UC was a UNT bowl win), plus FOUR (4) NCAA FBS level Bowl Games (one while having a losing season record) in this millennium's 1'st decade while North Texas has had ONE NCAA Division 1 Top 20 ranking.

The North Texas Mean Green Village (located between 2 Texas interstates & which a recent TxDOT study said 200,000 vehicles drive by it daily) is a multi-acre olympic style village of athletc venues*dorms*computer study centers, etc, topped off with what GIL BRANDT: The Father of Modern NFL Scouting who described UNT's Apogee Stadium as a "Tah Mahal of a College Football Stadium" with Brandt adding... 'and I've seen every NCAA D1 FB stadium in the USA." All this along with UNT's fabulous 10,000 seat Super Pit--the Best & Largest on-campus college basketball venue in the D-FW Metroplex......AND THREE PONDS AND A BRIDGE!!!!!

This signature is the sole property of Someone and any use of this signature without express written consent of Someone is strictly forbiden by penalty of law