Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Ted Redemption

The MW is kinda +++++ed right?

Depends on the Big 12’s survival strategy.  If it includes poaching some MWC schools then the conference will be weakened, possibly severely.  On the other hand if it turns out to be raiding the AAC for its best schools then the MWC would move to the top of the G5 pecking order and have the easiest path to the Access Bowl berth (or a CFP berth if the playoff expands).  So it could suck or turn out great.

What’s probably hardest to deal with for the MWC right now is that it really has no control over the outcome. The conference’s fate is in the Big 12 leftovers’ hands.

47 minutes ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

Depends on the Big 12’s survival strategy.  If it includes poaching some MWC schools then the conference will be weakened, possibly severely.  On the other hand if it turns out to be raiding the AAC for its best schools then the MWC would move to the top of the G5 pecking order and have the easiest path to the Access Bowl berth (or a CFP berth if the playoff expands).  So it could suck or turn out great.

What’s probably hardest to deal with for the MWC right now is that it really has no control over the outcome. The conference’s fate is in the Big 12 leftovers’ hands.

It's most likely going to be poaching the AAC because they're more of a geographical fit. It's probably going to be alright for us. 

kat.jpg

I kinda think it depends on BYU. If they make a strong push for the weaken Big-12 (and the Big-12 wants them) guessing they would bring along a travel partner. Even if for someone reason BSU says no I am sure some MW school would jump at the offer. I mean it is a risk cause there is still a chance the Big-12 just completely blows up and then you are force to try to come crawling back to the MW. BUT if the Big-12 holds on it would be an upgrade. 

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Doubt it. The MWC would lose 2 teams tops unless the PAC gets raided. If that happens then I'd imagine the rest of the MWC will pick up the western C-USA teams. Even if the Big 12 expands (And they made it pretty clear that no one in the AAC or MWC was worthy) the MWC teams would only get touched if they expand to a 14 team conference.

The MW loses top 2 teams teams DOES equals WAC 3.0 lol. Heck even the current MW is really not better than the WAC was for football. The current MW is a little better than the WAC was in basketball but that gap is even smaller than expected cause New Mexico/UNLV have had some down years. SDSU is really the only original MW school that has perform great the last 10 years. 

And yes the MW might be screwed but I would be far more worried if I was the AAC. As long as the Big-12 doesn't dissolve the AAC will lose schools to them. I could easily see the Big-12 saying screw anything west of Texas and just adding all AAC schools. The really reason to go west is if you think that will allow you stay in the Big-5, if you are going to get kicked out of that group anyways it might not be worth the hassle of adding a western team (ie more travel, having to deal with the Olympic sports, ect). 

18 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

The MWC wins as long as there is a 12 team playoff with 6 auto bids.

I do think they will stick to 12 teams but I am thinking they might drop it to 5 auto bids. Cause with the weaken Big-12 6 auto bids basically assures you having one conference champ that is not ranked that high or even unranked. In most years Pac-12/Big-10/ACC/SEC champ will be ranked at or around top 12. In most years the little 6 will have at least one champion ranked at or around 12. BUT in most years the little 6 will not produce two highly ranked champions. I am guessing the SEC/Big-10 won't wanna lose that potential extra at large bid.  

6 hours ago, Red Ted Redemption said:

After the domino's fall it's pretty easy to see the MW being basically WAC 3.0. it's a shitty feeling because I like our conference. 

Realignment sucks.

On the bright side eventually the top 40 schools (at least for football) will break off from the NCAA all together. They will create an NFL lite. Everyone in the MW will be left out of that group. So in the end I think we are all going to end up in regional conferences anyways. 

Now when it comes to other sports (obviously men's basketball most important) I am not certain of outcome. If those top 40 schools create a division for every sport you are going to lose a lot of the appeal of the NCAAT as the little guys are really the show for the first weekend. So an NCAA type structure might hang around for olympic sports. 

Hell no...

BSU stays, BYU joins, SMH or UH climbs aboard, AF, ARMY, & Navy all find refuge here. 

Idaho comes on up to the East Side - joining also. 

Western

BSU, SDSU, Fresno, Nevada, BYU, Idaho, Hawaii, USU

Mountains

CSU, WYO, SMU/UH, Army, Navy, AF, UNLV, UNM

Sorry Choo Choo.....

@tromp

@bsu_alum9

:banhammer:

New-Signature.jpg

BSU & BYU each receive tier 3 media rights, in addition to a' la carte' inventory sale to ESPN. 

All former impositions upon traditional BSU football are disposed of - cowbells included...

The academies each do the round-robin for America. 

The Mountain West may become the premiere Western Conference. 

Why not??

New-Signature.jpg

8 hours ago, Red Ted Redemption said:

After the domino's fall it's pretty easy to see the MW being basically WAC 3.0. it's a shitty feeling because I like our conference. 

Realignment sucks.

More than likely.

4 hours ago, Ibanez said:

Doubt it. The MWC would lose 2 teams tops unless the PAC gets raided. If that happens then I'd imagine the rest of the MWC will pick up the western C-USA teams. Even if the Big 12 expands (And they made it pretty clear that no one in the AAC or MWC was worthy) the MWC teams would only get touched if they expand to a 14 team conference.

I’m not sure even then.  Possibly the only loss is Colorado State.   Boise’s past behavior, geography and marketsize don’t have then on anyone’s list.