Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Ted Redemption

The MW is kinda +++++ed right?

14 hours ago, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

I’m definitely no troll.  And this ride is just beginning.  What was I wrong about?

I dont have the wifi bandwidth to list them all.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 7/28/2021 at 6:01 AM, thedude15 said:

The MW loses top 2 teams teams DOES equals WAC 3.0 lol. Heck even the current MW is really not better than the WAC was for football. The current MW is a little better than the WAC was in basketball but that gap is even smaller than expected cause New Mexico/UNLV have had some down years. SDSU is really the only original MW school that has perform great the last 10 years. 

Wyoming: Viewed objectively, Wyo's sports achievements are very impressive. There are 33 cities in the country with more people than in their entire state and if Wyo's 500K people all lived in just a couple cities, maybe their sports quality wouldn't be so impressive. However, because the best HS basketball in the world is played in the inner cities of major US cities and Wyo barely even has minor cities, that school deserves an A for what it accomplishes athletically.

AFA: Those guys have academic and physical height constraints which make what they achieve also pretty impressive. (Too bad their FB coach is an asshat, but I digress.) I'll give them a B.

UNM: Given that they're located in a state with the 8th lowest per capita income and which has next to no HS football talent to speak of, the Lobos deserve a C.

UNLV and CSU: Since creation of the MWC, the first has had arguably the most mismanaged athletic department of the 130 FBS universities while the second is probably around the 100th worst. So the latter one deserves about a D- grade. I'll be charitable and give UNLV an F+.

I wish I could argue with any of that.  I'll only say that I was surprised to see that New Mexico finished that high in per capita income.

This whole realignment thing sucks as a UNM fan/Alumn because I realize there is not much hope for the Lobos to improve their conference affiliation. Here is what I am hoping for:

Big XII adds Cincy, USF, UCF, and Houston. Then the MW can decide what the best course of action will be. Do we add SMU for the Dallas market? Memphis? Tulane? Most of the schools in the AAC don't really fit in geographically with the MW. But the MW would have to deliver that final blow to the AAC and by doing so should add SMU and Memphis.

The MW could look like this in the next few years:

Mountain

SMU, Memphis, New Mexico, Colorado State, AFA, Wyoming, Utah State

Pacific

Nevada, BSU, UNLV, SDSU, Hawaii, Fresno, SJSU

swedish-alfup.png

7 hours ago, Ibanez said:

You still think the Big 12 is gonna go to the AAC? They won't nothing to do with you. Just like UConn wanted nothing to do with you. Just like the Big East wanted nothing to do with you. And just like Boise State was told not to go because it wouldn't be worth it.

The AAC and MWC are gonna look the same for a good while unless FOX, not ESPN tells the Big 8 they need 2-4-6-8 members.

That's it. End of story. If you wanna keep talking about the hopes and dreams of the AAC I'd suggest this:

https://www.csnbbs.com/forum-409.html

I never said I thought they would.  I reported the rumors I heard, then brought it up again once it gained National attention.  The reading comprehension here is subpar.  The rest of your comment is just salt.

I’m a little drunk.  But I live in the West Coast.  Hawaii, California shet we be ok.  Even if we don’t make the mega $.  There’s a wink and nod.  If we stay amateur.  If we educate our students.  If we have jobs after college, maybe not in football.  I will still love this thing called college football, at lest how I envision it.  My alma mater.  California.  Hawaii.  That’s enough. 

Fick the SEC whatever 

MWC Is alright 

On 7/30/2021 at 5:56 AM, GoState99755 said:

#1 - There's ZERO chance Navy & Army agree to all that travel

#2 - The Army/Navy travel issue is actually a good thing, because a 16-Team conf is WAY too BIG.  We tried that in the late-'90s & it was God awful.  That might fly in a BIG-12 3.0, because of it's patch wrk nature & lack of  long-time rivals out of the pods.  However, no way in a conf w/so many long-time members of WAC/MWC.  The Mtn Division really gets the shaft rival wise.  A sked w/only 3-OoC games/yr & road trips to places like SD, Fresno, Reno, Logan, only ONCE-in-every-EIGHT-yr would really blow.  :-(

#3 - no school in this conf not named Boise CC, even has Idaho on it's 3-Didgit long list of future conference mates

1.  Conjecture. 

2.  I disagree. 

3.  It doesn't matter, Boise State dictates football in the MW. 

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

1.  Conjecture. 

2.  I disagree. 

3.  It doesn't matter, Boise State dictates football in the MW. 

I wonder if some heartburn about Boise State for conference expansion is they’ve certainly outperformed as a G5, but would it translate to success with a P5 schedule consistently?

The other aspects, “what does this program/school bring” besides a winning tradition?  I think answer that and you’ll have the complete package. 

3 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

1.  Conjecture.  I---> ¿Do you know the definition of the word "conjecture?"  This is a college sports bulletin board.  80-90% of what is posted here is "conjecture."  You're OP about Navy & Army joining the MWC is "conjecture."  Make a relevant comment & I'll respond.

2.  I disagree.   I---> GREAT.  ¿Why don't you get crazy & tell us why?

3.  It doesn't matter, Boise State dictates football in the MW.   I---> ¿What color is the sky in your world F-King new guy?  Give us all a holler when you engage w/reality once again.  

¡VIVA el Juco y los Blu Burros!

1 hour ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

I wonder if some heartburn about Boise State for conference expansion is they’ve certainly outperformed as a G5, but would it translate to success with a P5 schedule consistently?

The other aspects, “what does this program/school bring” besides a winning tradition?  I think answer that and you’ll have the complete package. 

¿The 2nd BIGGEST thing The Juco "...brings besides a winning tradition?"

20% of their undergrads are rich kids from Calif...

5 hours ago, 415hawaiiboy said:

Boise, as well as Idaho for that matter, has been growing for several years now, and it continues to grow.  I bought my Boise house in June of 2007 at $163,000 and it is now worth $350,000 according to Zillow.  As for the translation to success with a P5 schedule, well, give Boise a spot in a P5 conference and then we will find out.

3 hours ago, justsurvive said:

Boise, as well as Idaho for that matter, has been growing for several years now, and it continues to grow.  I bought my Boise house in June of 2007 at $163,000 and it is now worth $350,000 according to Zillow.  As for the translation to success with a P5 schedule, well, give Boise a spot in a P5 conference and then we will find out.

LOL, only a 100% increase? Amateurs. 

31 minutes ago, Koji Vu said:

LOL, only a 100% increase? Amateurs. 

Sweetie, I'm not even in the richest part of Boise.  It's not like I haven't been putting in the effort to make the property better.  But then again, I wouldn't expect a fan of SDSU, who is still second-fiddle to USC and UCLA and also in the same city that lost the Chargers, to understand that.

21 minutes ago, justsurvive said:

Sweetie, I'm not even in the richest part of Boise.  It's not like I haven't been putting in the effort to make the property better.  But then again, I wouldn't expect a fan of SDSU, who is still second-fiddle to USC and UCLA and also in the same city that lost the Chargers, to understand that.

I believe he was being facetious. Oh, it isn't San Diego's fault they dealt with the Donald Stern of the NFL, Dean Spanos. His own family members are suing him for the fiasco he created by moving to LA where they couldn't even sell out a 27K stadium.

1 minute ago, Aztec1984 said:

I believe he was being facetious. Oh, it isn't San Diego's fault they dealt with the Donald Stern of the NFL, Dean Spanos. His own family members are suing him for the fiasco he created by moving to LA where they couldn't even sell out a 27K stadium.

I hope you're right, because this hyper-competitive society that we have been living in for decades has brought out the worst in all of us.  I must admit that I didn't realize that Spanos was that bad.

On 7/29/2021 at 8:41 PM, Headbutt said:

I'll be very surprised if BSU gets an invite.  I'm not knocking them, but location, market, and academics all work against them despite their athletic success.  Politically, the MWC becomes a stronger conference without them, but I don't see it happening.

BYU?  As I've said before, they are an attractive choice for a conference but I just don't see BYU and any conference board sitting down and working out a deal that satisfies both.  I can see a scenario where they are any conferences second phone call (after Notre Dame), and every conferences first "no thanks".  BYU is just BYU.  Not a knock, but it is what it is.

Markets matter a whole lot less than they did in 2011.  It's about brands now and ability to sell streaming subscriptions.  And Boise has a brand far stronger than other candidate not named BYU.  Not sure Big 12 cares about academics.

Not being in a recruiting hot bed and a geographic outlier hurts.  MWC minus Boise gets MAC money.