Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red Ted Redemption

The MW is kinda +++++ed right?

2 hours ago, thedude15 said:

And yes the MW might be screwed but I would be far more worried if I was the AAC. As long as the Big-12 doesn't dissolve the AAC will lose schools to them. I could easily see the Big-12 saying screw anything west of Texas and just adding all AAC schools. The really reason to go west is if you think that will allow you stay in the Big-5, if you are going to get kicked out of that group anyways it might not be worth the hassle of adding a western team (ie more travel, having to deal with the Olympic sports, ect). 

Right now the targets appear to be Cinci, Memphis, UCF and Houston. 

The B12 has some thinking to do.  Do they want to be an east coast league and fight for TV time with ACC, B1G, SEC and to a lessor degree the AAC, CUSA, MAC and Sun Belt.  Will the TV people have a say?  I would think so.  It would seem that the TV people will want inventory in the mountain and Pacific time zones and not just for football.   The three hours difference is a full game in football and more so in basketball.   No doubt that more people live in the eastern time zone but the day only has 24 hours and TV wants to fill as many as possible.   The Blue Bloods in the SEC, B1G and ACC will not want to start at 9 am on Saturday as they are who they are.  The P12 can't fill the need as when they play each other, that is only 6 games.  Without an option for the media companies, the Pac12 will be in the catbird's seat and can have a real advantage in the next contract talks if they are the only game in town.  Less is not more for those in the broadcasting business.  How many games can start at 2 pm eastern on Saturday.  We already know the ten teams what will demand that spot.  

The B12 going east would be pretty good for the MWC in the coming TV deal.  Same as above.  Inventory in the two western time zones.  AAC becomes the CUSA 2.0 and may stay on par with the Sun Belt unless the Belt takes some of those left after B12 is finished.    

WVU would be happy if B12 goes east.    

31 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Past behavior? The only people who care about that are MWC fans. And Boise was in the right anyway. The MWC literally told them what colors they were allowed to wear. Really?

If you don’t think it impacted Boise’s perception I don’t know what to tell you.  How did getting into the Big West go. 

21 minutes ago, bigron said:

The B12 has some thinking to do.  Do they want to be an east coast league and fight for TV time with ACC, B1G, SEC and to a lessor degree the AAC, CUSA, MAC and Sun Belt.  Will the TV people have a say?  I would think so.  It would seem that the TV people will want inventory in the mountain and Pacific time zones and not just for football.   The three hours difference is a full game in football and more so in basketball.   No doubt that more people live in the eastern time zone but the day only has 24 hours and TV wants to fill as many as possible.   The Blue Bloods in the SEC, B1G and ACC will not want to start at 9 am on Saturday as they are who they are.  The P12 can't fill the need as when they play each other, that is only 6 games.  Without an option for the media companies, the Pac12 will be in the catbird's seat and can have a real advantage in the next contract talks if they are the only game in town.  Less is not more for those in the broadcasting business.  How many games can start at 2 pm eastern on Saturday.  We already know the ten teams what will demand that spot.  

The B12 going east would be pretty good for the MWC in the coming TV deal.  Same as above.  Inventory in the two western time zones.  AAC becomes the CUSA 2.0 and may stay on par with the Sun Belt unless the Belt takes some of those left after B12 is finished.    

WVU would be happy if B12 goes east.    

Yeah the word is they are going east and WVU pulls them that way.  It creates opportunities for the MWC if they don’t F it up.  

54 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

If you don’t think it impacted Boise’s perception I don’t know what to tell you.  How did getting into the Big West go. 

So, Boise gets invited by a MW conference who immediately loses it's most valuable assets (Utah, BYU, TCU), and then the conference says "you are going to wear certain uniform colors at home because we say so," and somehow, Boise is supposed to be nice about it?  Yeah, I don't think that's how the world works.

20 minutes ago, justsurvive said:

So, Boise gets invited by a MW conference who immediately loses it's most valuable assets (Utah, BYU, TCU), and then the conference says "you are going to wear certain uniform colors at home because we say so," and somehow, Boise is supposed to be nice about it?  Yeah, I don't think that's how the world works.

Boise has never been nice to anybody, anywhere..So there is that..

1 hour ago, Ibanez said:

Past behavior? The only people who care about that are MWC fans. And Boise was in the right anyway. The MWC literally told them what colors they were allowed to wear. Really?

...and took away our cowbells - like mark ass bitches.... 

Such restraints are unacceptable, small-time, and null/void moving forward... 

BSU needs to focus on playing BSU football, first and foremost. 

For the record, I see us staying put in a more attractive looking MWC...

New-Signature.jpg

14 minutes ago, nvspuds said:

Boise has never been nice to anybody, anywhere..So there is that..

We've not only been the nicest, but also the most punctual RE all contractual sodomies sent from our outbox. 

https://www.ktvb.com/article/sports/ncaa/ncaaf/boise-state-football/boise-state-to-the-moutain-west-we-are-weighing-our-options-after-latest-tv-deal-spat/277-dba89b25-635d-49fa-8be2-80f50feb1b1f 

New-Signature.jpg

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

1996?  Went just fine

2 hours ago, Ibanez said:

don't take the STD bait.   One dimensional hater.

4 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Hell no...

BSU stays, BYU joins, SMH or UH climbs aboard, AF, ARMY, & Navy all find refuge here. 

Idaho comes on up to the East Side - joining also. 

Western

BSU, SDSU, Fresno, Nevada, BYU, Idaho, Hawaii, USU

Mountains

CSU, WYO, SMU/UH, Army, Navy, AF, UNLV, UNM

Sorry Choo Choo.....

@tromp

@bsu_alum9

:banhammer:

Was it an oversight or do you think SJSU is going somewhere?

This is 26,604 fans?  #FresnopullingaMiami

Fresno.jpg

3 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Right now the targets appear to be Cinci, Memphis, UCF and Houston. 

Those are the only schools I've seen mentioned in print that tie back to any conversations about B-12 expansion.  This is assuming that the B1G stands pat, which it sounds like they are based on the things Ohio State has been saying.  PAC-12 school presidents aren't going agree to take Okee State and some Tech School in Tejas, that's for damn sure.   

12 hours ago, HawaiiMongoose said:

Depends on the Big 12’s survival strategy.  If it includes poaching some MWC schools then the conference will be weakened, possibly severely.  On the other hand if it turns out to be raiding the AAC for its best schools then the MWC would move to the top of the G5 pecking order and have the easiest path to the Access Bowl berth (or a CFP berth if the playoff expands).  So it could suck or turn out great.

What’s probably hardest to deal with for the MWC right now is that it really has no control over the outcome. The conference’s fate is in the Big 12 leftovers’ hands.

Odds of the MWC being severely weakened are low. I say it won't happen. But if SDSU and Boise are plucked by the Big 12 and these five want to come back home, they will be welcomed :cheer:

image.png.2b753a7506ecf5122643478df493657e.png

image.png.8581d648b4eec9a8fa70a5d2ff4fdd14.png

image.png.26d2120fd4e49f5fe88d703a97ecb023.png

image.png.25f5bd1982da874878170f81d5bae1a8.png

image.png.3634acb226f4701f117e04dd6084c1b3.png

Everyone seems so certain that the B12 won't look west if they lose teams.  I'd say that nothing could be further from the truth.  I'd almost guarantee a move to get back into the Denver market.  I don't think CSU is high on their list, but I'm sure making a run at bringing CU back is.  That will fail, but you have to remember that they already invited AFA once and I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again.  Yes, CSU would probably be their third choice so maybe they wouldn't drop that far in their efforts, but it's possible. 

As for BYU?  That's a tough one.  I'm not sure BYU and the B12 can sit down and work out enough details to make it happen.  They are probably the only team west of Colorado that the B12 will look at though.