2 hours ago, 818SUDSFan said:

To plagiarize my own post on the AztecFootball board:

ESPN is correct there are no surefire targets if the P12 should opt to expand. Therefore, the best speculation is to group the schools who have been speculated about.

Will Only Be Considered in An Alternate Universe

BYU and Baylor for political reasons
All current members of the AAC because of geography
All MWC members not named Colorado State, Hawaii, SDSU or UNLV*
West Virginia

Highly Unlikely Because of Geography and Limited TV Eye Potential

Iowa State
Kansas State
TCU

Possible to Probable

Kansas (if not first offered by the B1G)
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech

* For CSU, no chance unless Colorado is first added to the B1G. For Hawaii, the Pac once expressed a desire to control the Pacific Rim including the ability to dominate recruiting of Pacific Islander football players as well as basketball players from the Far East like Yao Ming and UH building a new stadium shouldn't be discounted. For UNLV, it now has a nascent medical school and the gambling thing is no longer an issue.

As I said the other day, I expect the P12 to offer two of the three possible-to-probables. I'm not sure KU would accept but have little doubt OSU and TT would. Then the P14 would sit back and see how things pan out while keeping close tabs on the landscape and if, in the meantime, SDSU could manage to persuade the state legislature to allow it to offer PhDs independent of the UC system and if our new stadium proves to be a success, we will be the #1 obvious choice if the P14 looks to expand again at the end of this decade.

Kudos for your use of the term "nascent."

CSU-Diego is strong enough athletically (barely, thx to more-than-a-decade of strong hoops & underwhelming yet consistent recent f'ball success) & academically.  The big problem is y'all, by zero fault of your own, don't bring any anything NEW to the table:

#1 - The 12-Pack already dominates the SDCo TV DMA

#2 - ¿Why give y'all a recruiting boost in an area they already consider one of their prime recruiting hotbeds?

This situation is by no means "fair," yet it's the landscape Las 'tecas are currently living in.  :-(

I think your best opportunity is, in a case where the 12-Pack needs a travel partner for a stronger candidate to get to an even number.

Q:  ¿Where did UC-boulder I--> B1G come from?  ¿Have you read/heard that anywhere recently?  I'll wait off-air for your responce.

2 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

Yeah they discussed it and the PAC-12 said hell NO to the Big 12.

I'm sure they would. But I have a link that says the BIg and PAC are talking. I'll replace that link.

4 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

Here is a day time view of the $2 Billion dollar Madison Square Garden Sphere!

E5tEESAUUAs5VaN?format=jpg&name=medium

8e230fc2-ca5d-4fe5-8d67-b953a1c15641-lar

636537027522770497-Inside-Out-Capture.jp

ahh man typical vegas, you only get 80% of what is implied by the name of the thing

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

I'm sure they would. But I have a link that says the BIg and PAC are talking. I'll replace that link.

B1G means Big Ten. Your link states Big XII.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

SB287, passed last month and it formalizes land grant university status for both UNLV and DRI in state statute.

You can agree or disagree but the time to argue it is over.  It is official now.  UNLV is Land Grant University in the State of Nevada!

Given that Carson City's Land Grant scam, has almost ZERO to do w/the "Pac-16," I've moved this comment to the more apt "FAKE NEWS:  Southern Nevada Land GrantGate" thread for you convenience:

• Super-Mega Idiot 1
5 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Grew up a CU fan during the Big 8 days in the late 80's & early 90's before the move to the Big 12 (it was a merger not Big 8 expansion) and after 10 years of PAC, I decided to just enjoy other college conferences due to the lack of passion for college sports from the PAC presidents & chancellors.

The Big 12 minus OU & Texas could end up being a fun conference to be part of and a better landing place.  The money won't be great but an easier path to the CFP.  The Big 12's future looks murky but I wouldn't count it out at this point.  It is just going to be difficult for AAC schools to switch to the Big 12 when the money difference isn't that great but it could be worth considering if you are a MWC school.

5 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

REFRESHING perspective.  ¡Thx!

4 hours ago, Jalapeno said:

Losing seasons is one thing but indifference towards athletics is a big turn off.  For any fanbase that wants to join the P12, I say tread carefully.

I'm serious.  I enjoyed your take.  It wasn't a backhanded complement.

1 hour ago, 818SUDSFan said:

Gotta love it when folks play the Land Grant or Flagship cards in realignment threads.

# of times a respected pundit has used either factor to justify arguing that a university deserves promotion to a higher-level conference = somewhere around 3 times; ever

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

fify

51 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

FF8C5517-9174-4A0F-91EF-196DF4EE613B.jpeg.677eb55e431d757b2b4afcb40ea09e0c.jpeg

31 minutes ago, happycamper said:

ahh man typical vegas, you only get 80% of what is implied by the name of the thing

Since Carson City's UNLV Land Grand scam has nothing to do w/the the "Pac-16," you'll find a link here to the new creatures & more salient:  "FAKE NEWS:  Southern Nevada Land GrantGate" thread.

Kindly click on the image below, to be taken to the new thread immediately:  

• Idiot 1
22 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The most iconic field in sports you donkey.

Who plays football on Wrigley Field?

4 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Kudos for your use of the term "nascent."

CSU-Diego is strong enough athletically (barely, thx to more-than-a-decade of strong hoops & underwhelming yet consistent recent f'ball success) & academically.  The big problem is y'all, by zero fault of your own, don't bring any anything NEW to the table:

#1 - The 12-Pack already dominates the SDCo TV DMA

#2 - ¿Why give y'all a recruiting boost in an area they already consider one of their prime recruiting hotbeds?

This situation is by no means "fair," yet it's the landscape Las 'tecas are currently living in.  :-(

I think your best opportunity is, in a case where the 12-Pack needs a travel partner for a stronger candidate to get to an even number.

Q:  ¿Where did UC-boulder I--> B1G come from?  ¿Have you read/heard that anywhere recently?  I'll wait off-air for your responce.

#1 isn't really correct.  For the 2015 conference championship games (SDSU vs AFA on ESPN2 and USC vs Stanford on ESPN at the same time) the SDSU game had 3x the ratings the Pac 12 game had in the San Diego market despite playing the game in San Diego.  That's the best comparable we have because we are always on CBSSN which has less reach and those games aren't promoted to the same extend ESPN promotes their games.

16 minutes ago, Fowl said:

#1 isn't really correct.  For the 2015 conference championship games (SDSU vs AFA on ESPN2 and USC vs Stanford on ESPN at the same time) the SDSU game had 3x the ratings the Pac 12 game had in the San Diego market despite playing the game in San Diego.  That's the best comparable we have because we are always on CBSSN which has less reach and those games aren't promoted to the same extend ESPN promotes their games.

I feel your pain w/the lack of market saturation offered by CBSportsNet.

I spend well over 150-nights in hotel rooms for both 2017 & 2018, I would nearly shit my pants each time I discovered my hotel had CBSportNet available on the TV in my room.