Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Barstool Sports Arizona Bowl - Boise is out

Hahaha so we have Jimmy Kimmel and Dave Portnoy. 

At least they will give the conference good publicity. 

The Arizona Bowl has potential to be a good bowl for the conference. Just wish we could find better tie-ins. 

Barstool has a big following on the East Coast. Honestly, this might get more assholes from Boston or Philly tuned in to watch MWC sports than ever before. It's not like these lower level bowls get decent ratings anyways.

As for the brand, I occasionally listen to their Pardon My Take podacst, but don't pay attention to much else they do.

Sounds like no broadcast channel wanted it after Barstool took the sponsorship so they had to put it online. Embarrassing. Wonder why the conference went along with it if it meant losing a CBS tv slot seems stupid. 

4 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Sounds like no broadcast channel wanted it after Barstool took the sponsorship so they had to put it online. Embarrassing. Wonder why the conference went along with it if it meant losing a CBS tv slot seems stupid. 

I dont think that's it.  I think they teamed up with Barstool because no channel wanted it.  It was only on Big CBS last year because the Sun Bowl didnt play.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I stand corrected.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

56 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Is Portnoy and all his fanboys going to stalk us all on Twitter for making fun of the Arizona Bowl, or is that just something he does to female reporters?

They are already all over Mandel replying to his tweet.

2 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Preferred when it was just the Humanitarian Bowl

So do I.  Alas, those days are gone