Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Suicide by cop in Boise.

No fault of the police on this one.  Man pointed a BB gun at the cops, shot once it seems, impossible to tell it was a BB gun (pistol).  Died from multiple gun shot wounds.  The man matched a description many in the North End had reported as an individual who came by their homes late at night asking to come inside to charge his phone.

Both officers involved are on leave.  I hope they get all the mental health care they need and are given the support of the community.  What a shitty position to be in.

My son's best friend is a cop.  Started in Stockton, now in Bay Area.  He thinks more people who commit suicide are taking others with them, most often family, but also mass shootings. We have had many threads on mass shootings, but I don't recall more than trivial discussion of causes and solutions (MOAR mental health).

110926run_defense710.jpg

2 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

My son's best friend is a cop.  Started in Stockton, now in Bay Area.  He thinks more people who commit suicide are taking others with them, most often family, but also mass shootings.

That is believable.  Does seem like, and maybe it is just the amount of media available highlighting it, that folks who may have taken their lives because their belief that the world doesn't care or want them have externalized it and punished others along with them.  Santa Barbara shooter comes to mind on that.

8 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

That is believable.  Does seem like, and maybe it is just the amount of media available highlighting it, that folks who may have taken their lives because their belief that the world doesn't care or want them have externalized it and punished others along with them.  Santa Barbara shooter comes to mind on that.

Anti-vaxxers comes to mind on that point too...

23 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

No fault of the police on this one.  Man pointed a BB gun at the cops, shot once it seems, impossible to tell it was a BB gun (pistol).  Died from multiple gun shot wounds.  The man matched a description many in the North End had reported as an individual who came by their homes late at night asking to come inside to charge his phone.

Both officers involved are on leave.  I hope they get all the mental health care they need and are given the support of the community.  What a shitty position to be in.

Just this week where I’m at we had an officer involved shooting where a guy with a BB gun was shot and killed. Apparently he was really drunk, but there was also a language barrier since he barely spoke English and also didn’t speak Spanish. 

13 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I don't advocate to do it, but if you can't be dissuaded, I wish they would just take a walk in the woods.  Somewhere real deep.  Punishing the cop by forcing their hand is a dick way to go out.  Hope the officer gets any help he needs.

Pretty much.  I actually had a pact with a poster here when he thought he might have a terminal condition to take him out to the Frank Church and let him pass.  Super dark I know.