Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

Forest fires

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

Is that Reno, we were in Reno this past weekend and it looked like that.:sorry:

Maybe north of the Capitol in Boise.  Never been at elevation in that direction but that may be the backside of the Capitol.  If so, I just realized Boise doesn't have a unique downtown building to distinguish it besides the Capitol, unless you could see the Jump building.  

4 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Maybe north of the Capitol in Boise.  Never been at elevation in that direction but that may be the backside of the Capitol.  If so, I just realized Boise doesn't have a unique downtown building to distinguish it besides the Capitol, unless you could see the Jump building.  

Sure it does, the US Bank building on the left and then the Zion Bank building on the right that resembles a Mormon temple. 

You can see the capital dome bottom right corner.  

2 hours ago, tailingpermit said:

Sure it does, the US Bank building on the left and then the Zion Bank building on the right that resembles a Mormon temple. 

You can see the capital dome bottom right corner.  

Like I said, the Capitol gave it away.  The other buildings are indistinguishable.  It's just that we know where he lives, I am sort of familiar with the town and the spatial layout of it.  If mug had posted that, I wouldn't have licked in on Boise.  It isn't a knock on Boise itself.  I like Boise.

33 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Like I said, the Capitol gave it away.  The other buildings are indistinguishable.  It's just that we know where he lives, I am sort of familiar with the town and the spatial layout of it.  If mug had posted that, I wouldn't have licked in on Boise.  It isn't a knock on Boise itself.  I like Boise.

I didn’t pick up the capital until after zooming in and looking around, but it’s easy for me being that I lived there.