Bruininthebay

Pac 12 doesn't care about Texas and Oklahoma going to the SEC - convince me I'm wrong.

$100 says the PAC-12 stays at 12, there is no way they are inviting B12 leftovers, the PAC isn't going to save Texas Tech, no way in hell.  

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Bingo.  Call me when they get, and accept, an invite elsewhere.  Until then, they're just pretending to be Boise on a big boy scale.

They’ve just taken the first step this morning, there’s no going back. This is going to happen. 

13 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I find expansion super interesting…. When there is new information to digest. Now I am officially in IDGAF mode until OU and UT decide what they are going to do. 

13 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Bingo.  Call me when they get, and accept, an invite elsewhere.  Until then, they're just pretending to be Boise on a big boy scale.

When all the dust settles UT and OU just might find themselves still in the Big XII but with a Gonzaga/Boise style sweetheart deal.  In reality this might be an even worse outcome for the rest of the BIG XII schools than UT and OU leaving.

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, namssa said:

I think its more likely some in the PAC-12 (namely USC and UCLA) jump to the Big10 than the Pac-12 take any of the remaining BIGXII.

Agree on SC.  Not so sure about the Bruins.

10 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

When all the dust settles UT and OU just might find themselves still in the Big XII but with a Gonzaga/Boise style sweetheart deal.  In reality this might be an even worse outcome for the rest of the BIG XII schools than UT and OU leaving.

With OU and UT informing the conference this morning, it seems clear they are going to leave. If they were going to stay, they'd still be negotiating with the conference; they had the meeting yesterday offering them the "sweetheart deal." 

For the PAC, I agree that expansion will not help them. I think the fear for the PAC is trying to keep teams in the conference -- either the alleged talks between the B1G and six of the PAC schools or the fact that the SEC is talking to USC (and perhaps others). The SEC goal does appear to get all the top teams in their conference and make an "SEC Division" the top level of Division 1 football, a step above FBS and FCS.

38 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

That's what I see happening here. It's Shakedown Street 101.

SC/UCLA aren't going to jump to the Big 10, either.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Den60 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think they really care enough about competing with the SEC Hillbillies to throw everything into flux. The old boy alumni networks at those places aren't going to allow them to jettison their trips to the Bay Area and Seattle for trips instead to places like Lincoln, Iowa City, or Bloomington.

I know people who'd know these sorts of things. That's my source on it. With that said, some of the speculation on here makes me wonder if many didn't spend the weekend imbibing in sacraments at the Mushroom Church in Oakland.

• Like 3
16 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think they really care enough about competing with the SEC Hillbillies to throw everything into flux. The old boy alumni networks at those places aren't going to allow them to jettison their trips to the Bay Area and Seattle for trips instead to places like Lincoln, Iowa City, or Bloomington.

I know people who'd know these sorts of things. That's my source on it. With that said, some of the speculation on here makes me wonder if many didn't spend the weekend imbibing in sacraments at the Mushroom Church in Oakland.

I think the BIG would take at least 6 schools.

Just now, Den60 said:

I think the BIG would take at least 6 schools.

who though?

I don't see it happening.

• Like 1

I feel the worst for Iowa State.  A historically awful football program that had turned the corner.  Matt Campbell had spurned offers from more prominent programs to stay in Ames.  Now, I don't see how Matt Campbell can stay at ISU.  For those that think the B1G is adding ISU, they aren't, they just aren't.

Call me naive but I don't think there will be wholesale changes.  16 team conferences don't make sense to me.  Too many mouths to feed.  Why would the Big 12 collapse?  Just add 2 & they're fine.  Probably Cincy/Houston or BYU/CSU.  If the MWC loses members most likely add NMS &/or some of the lower Tx schools?  Nobody likes the idea but it is what it is.  I think the Pac12 stays pat.  No religious schools & no State schools & big on academics.  Plus I still think location counts for something.  But they have to fix the cable problem.  I'm in the West but I get the SEC & BIG but not the Pac12 network?  That's crazy & has cost them a lot in revenue & Cali kids going to the SEC.      

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, wolfan8431 said:

Call me naive but I don't think there will be wholesale changes.  16 team conferences don't make sense to me.  Too many mouths to feed.  Why would the Big 12 collapse?  Just add 2 & they're fine.  Probably Cincy/Houston or BYU/CSU.  If the MWC loses members most likely add NMS &/or some of the lower Tx schools?  Nobody likes the idea but it is what it is.  I think the Pac12 stays pat.  No religious schools & no State schools & big on academics.  Plus I still think location counts for something.  But they have to fix the cable problem.  I'm in the West but I get the SEC & BIG but not the Pac12 network?  That's crazy & has cost them a lot in revenue & Cali kids going to the SEC.      

This, it's Houston and Cinci mark my words... and that's even if the other two leave, I also think it's a shake down, Texas and Ok tired of feeding the mouths of lesser programs. 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

who though?

I don't see it happening.

All the CA schools, OR and WA. UofC would be worth looking at as well. Perhaps don't bring either CAL or Stanford (neither draw well for football) and create a pod of four 5 team divisions - UoC would move to the Midwest with NB, IA, and two others.

• Idiot 1

This isnt a shakedown, its a follow the money.  Becoming pretty clear that when the conference tried to engage the networks in some preliminary talks on the next deal, the numbers they saw were not what they wanted - at least to UT and OU.  Then the SEC scored their new ESPN midday deal, and the die was cast.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Den60 said:

All the CA schools, OR and WA. UofC would be worth looking at as well. Perhaps don't bring either CAL or Stanford (neither draw well for football) and create a pod of four 5 team divisions - UoC would move to the Midwest with NB, IA, and two others.

Kal and UCLA aren't going to split, nor is the Big 10 likely to pull off any of the others. The Big 10 may want whatever they want, but as the old saying goes, you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and one generally fills up faster.

• Like 1