Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

Okay gun nuts...

My pops was working at Fort Huachuca in the 90s and came across an old saddle in an antique store in Sierra Vista priced at a few hundred dollars. Took note of some details and told the store owner he thought it might belong to Billy the Kid. Sure as shit, when he stopped in there a couple months later, the owner had had the saddle appraised and it was re-priced at five figures.

My old man learned an expensive lesson that day.

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

2 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Pat Garret never killed Billy the Kid.  

Says you. Pat Garrett killed Billy. The rumor that he didn’t was started by Texans who are still butthurt that every attempt to annex New Mexico by force ended with them getting their asses kicked by militia made up of little brown dudes. Brushy Bill Robert’s was an imposter. Fight me!!

2 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Says you. Pat Garrett killed Billy. The rumor that he didn’t was started by Texans who are still butthurt that every attempt to annex New Mexico by force ended with them getting their asses kicked by militia made up of little brown dudes. Brushy Bill is an imposter. Fight me!!

Yeah, I am sure that Brushy gave himself those 5 bullet wounds all in the exact same ares it was noted the Kid had been shot.  The Deputy Marshal is on record saying it was the wrong man.  Too old, way too bushy of a beard that could not have been grown in the time between when that man who was not the Kid was shot and when the Kid was last photographed!

2 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Yeah, I am sure that Brushy gave himself those 5 bullet wounds all in the exact same ares it was noted the Kid had been shot.  The Deputy Marshal is on record saying it was the wrong man.  Too old, way too bushy of a beard that could not have been grown in the time between when that man who was not the Kid was shot and when the Kid was last photographed!

I have an extensive library of Billy the Kid stuff. I cracked out on anything related to him when I was a kid, and it’s kind of become an obsession as an adult. I guarantee anyone saying Billy didn’t die that night in Ft Sumner is full of shit. There is zero credible evidence that proves he wasn’t killed by Garrett. All the claims to the contrary are nothing but rumor, bullshit, and attempts to grab fame. 

2 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

My pops was working at Fort Huachuca in the 90s and came across an old saddle in an antique store in Sierra Vista priced at a few hundred dollars. Took note of some details and told the store owner he thought it might belong to Billy the Kid. Sure as shit, when he stopped in there a couple months later, the owner had had the saddle appraised and it was re-priced at five figures.

My old man learned an expensive lesson that day.

We drive through all these small little farm towns when going from Orlando to Sanibel.  I make it a point to stop at all the small little liquor stores, sure as shit I see a Warehouse C tube sitting on the shelf for $79.  It’s a special bottle as the Warehouse it was in got struck by a tornado and a wall collapsed opening it up to the elements and changing its flavor.  That bottle on secondary is worth 8-10k, so it was a nice little find.  I sure as shit didn’t let the owner know it’s value, hopefully it will become a nice little honey hole.  

27 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

We drive through all these small little farm towns when going from Orlando to Sanibel.  I make it a point to stop at all the small little liquor stores, sure as shit I see a Warehouse C tube sitting on the shelf for $79.  It’s a special bottle as the Warehouse it was in got struck by a tornado and a wall collapsed opening it up to the elements and changing its flavor.  That bottle on secondary is worth 8-10k, so it was a nice little find.  I sure as shit didn’t let the owner know it’s value, hopefully it will become a nice little honey hole.  

There's a lot of money to be made by arbitraging on knowledge deltas. I once bought a $20K nihonto and a $600 French cavalry saber for $350 from a picker. Sold the saber for market value and kept the katana. 

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

1 hour ago, sean327 said:

I have an extensive library of Billy the Kid stuff. I cracked out on anything related to him when I was a kid, and it’s kind of become an obsession as an adult. I guarantee anyone saying Billy didn’t die that night in Ft Sumner is full of shit. There is zero credible evidence that proves he wasn’t killed by Garrett. All the claims to the contrary are nothing but rumor, bullshit, and attempts to grab fame. 

wild west eating GIF by Young Guns
K, but there’s no sequel if Billy dies. Print the legend man.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 hours ago, sean327 said:

Hogwash.  What are the chances the man would just happen to have matching bullet wounds?  That the deputy would say they shot the wrong guy?  Record keeping was suspect to say the least back in the American West.