Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

New Space Jam movie expected to lose 140+ million. Won't air in China.

1 minute ago, happycamper said:

No YOU had no clue that Elsa was dead. For the intended adult audience it's obvious at the ~27th viewing. I've known Elsa is dead for hundreds of hours of Frozen II. 

She is as far from dead as can be.  She is an immortal spirit.  That would be like you saying an angel is actually just dead.  

She clearly, immortal spirit or not, could benefit from a tranquilizer.  

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

She is as far from dead as can be.  She is an immortal spirit.  That would be like you saying an angel is actually just dead.  

She clearly, immortal spirit or not, could benefit from a tranquilizer.  

No she's dead. She had to die to transform her essence into a nature spirit - in fact her nature is to be the bridge between the human world and the spirit world. She's the 5th element, which is people. Or death. depending on how morbid you wanna be. She's like a cross between Jesus, a force ghost, and Leeloo. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

No she's dead. She had to die to transform her essence into a nature spirit - in fact her nature is to be the bridge between the human world and the spirit world. She's the 5th element, which is people. Or death. depending on how morbid you wanna be. She's like a cross between Jesus, a force ghost, and Leeloo. 

Seems closer to Gandalf IDK.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seems closer to Gandalf IDK.

ah shit how did I forget Gandalf.

Yes Elsa is Gandalf/ Anakin Skywalker/Jesus/Leeloo. It's all there clearly spelled out in the text of the movie. It is somewhat ambiguous as to whether Elsa becomes a spirit with a human portion like Jesus, or her human portion is simply the template that creates a new, Elsa-like spiritual being that is more akin to a force of nature than a living being by our understanding, like, uh, Monophysite Jesus.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

ah shit how did I forget Gandalf.

Yes Elsa is Gandalf/ Anakin Skywalker/Jesus/Leeloo. It's all there clearly spelled out in the text of the movie. It is somewhat ambiguous as to whether Elsa becomes a spirit with a human portion like Jesus, or her human portion is simply the template that creates a new, Elsa-like spiritual being that is more akin to a force of nature than a living being by our understanding, like, uh, Monophysite Jesus.

Still can't rule out the possibility that Elsa had a horcrux the entire time.

17 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Still can't rule out the possibility that Elsa had a horcrux the entire time.

Olaf? Olaf is destroyed when Elsa dies. In fact her spirit self has to reboot him. Maybe her snow death monster is her horcrux

Olaf? Olaf is destroyed when Elsa dies. In fact her spirit self has to reboot him. Maybe her snow death monster is her horcrux

Nah, the whole point would be that Olaf would not be destroyed when Elsa dies.  

8 minutes ago, Bob said:

I’m legit shocked that they didn’t give Elsa a lesbian love interest in Frozen 2

lmao they did bob! There is sparky sparky between her and the northuldra chick

7 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Nah, the whole point would be that Olaf would not be destroyed when Elsa dies.  

exactly, so can't be olaf. hmmm. Maybe it's Anna? Maybe casting ice magic into her heart also horcruxed her by accident? 

lmao they did bob! There is sparky sparky between her and the northuldra chick

exactly, so can't be olaf. hmmm. Maybe it's Anna? Maybe casting ice magic into her heart also horcruxed her by accident? 

That would make sense.  We know you can accidentally horcrux a person and would explain their emotional connection being so strong.

12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That would make sense.  We know you can accidentally horcrux a person and would explain their emotional connection being so strong.

And Anna seems to be oddly blind to Elsa's peculiarities

Pretty wild that Kellen Moore had a role in Frozen.

sven-frozen.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=960&h=50

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

I guess I am not very good at woke boycotting chit.  I don't like LeBron on politics and social issues, but I took grandkids to see Space Jam and I enjoyed it.

110926run_defense710.jpg

34 minutes ago, SalinasSpartan said:

Just a FYI, apparently China always blocks foreign films in July to prioritize Chinese films. That’s why Black Widow isn’t airing there either. 

Not scheduled for upcoming release at this time, schedule goes out to March 2022.

https://www.imdb.com/calendar/?region=cn