Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

New Space Jam movie expected to lose 140+ million. Won't air in China.

Yeah I liked it.  Probably more "good" in it than the first movie. Needed to trim about 20 minutes out of the first hour but that's every movie lately 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yeah I liked it.  Probably more "good" in it than the first movie. Needed to trim about 20 minutes out of the first hour but that's every movie lately 

I thought the first one was incredibly stupid when I was a kid so have no intention of watching this one.

They pissed off all the closeted furry folk.  Now look at em.  Never +++++ the furries.  

50 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Anybody still think they should have made Lola Bunny less sexy?

I thought it had a big opening weekend — post pandemic anyway? I’m jonesing to see a movie but I’m not going to watch that mess. 

I thought it was ok, and I don’t mean that in a bad way. I saw it with my 5 year old and she asked me “who’s that” when Bugs Bunny first showed up. My response pretty much looked like this:

Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

By that I mean that was my facial expression, and that’s exactly how old I felt. 

3 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

I thought it had a big opening weekend — post pandemic anyway? I’m jonesing to see a movie but I’m not going to watch that mess. 

$53 million box office in first week. Budget was $150 million according to wikipedia. They’ll make money in the end, but the movie has gotten terrible reviews (4.3 on IMDB).

17 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

$53 million box office in first week. Budget was $150 million according to wikipedia. They’ll make money in the end, but the movie has gotten terrible reviews (4.3 on IMDB).

I thought it was 200 million?  

29% on rotten tomatoes.  

Should have kept the rape skunk.

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I thought it was 200 million?  

29% on rotten tomatoes.  

Should have kept the rape skunk.

IMDB says $150m. They’ll make it back because kids are easily manipulated. My daughter doesn’t even like basketball, but a McDonalds kids meal advertisement made her decide she wants to see it.

2 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

IMDB says $150m. They’ll make it back because kids are easily manipulated. My daughter doesn’t even like basketball, but a McDonalds kids meal advertisement made her decide she wants to see it.

Ahh I am confusing it with Black Widow which was $200m

48 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

The budget is just part of the cost.  Marketing and distribution adds another big stack of cash.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

3 minutes ago, Bob said:

You are the only person who I have heard say they liked it 

Happy liked Frozen 2. Whatever you might think about the merits of his thoughts on various subjects, he cannot be trusted on children’s movies.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, Bob said:

That’s funny. 

I buy the boomerang channel. My kids know all the shows I grew up with. It’s awesome. They have learned so much culture from old loony toons. Flintstones is great. Scooby Doo as well

Boomerang is the only channel I miss with my streaming services.  

1 hour ago, Bob said:

That’s funny. 

I buy the boomerang channel. My kids know all the shows I grew up with. It’s awesome. They have learned so much culture from old loony toons. Flintstones is great. Scooby Doo as well

Funny you mention scooby doo. My daughter saw space jam and was like, whatever. But she saw the animated movie Scoob! on HBO Max that came out last year and loved it, watched it like 5 times the last week. 

13 hours ago, Bob said:

Frozen 2 was unapologetic propaganda 

LOL.  Care to elaborate on a princess with magical powers saving the land that her ancestors came from while her sister dodging boulders constitutes propaganda?  Or maybe i just thought it was a cool movie for the kids and didn't take it seriously enough.

11 hours ago, ridgeview2 said:

I'm more interested in the new Dune movie coming out.  

EWdI64CWAAUVJkp.jpg.20c749981c9f17f2f6039633d3799790.jpg 

I read the book because I heard this was coming out and had heard good things about the book.

Didn't like it. Seems like a Star Wars vs. Tremors knockoff to me.

50 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I read the book because I heard this was coming out and had heard good things about the book.

I read it a long time ago.  It was good but not great.  I liked the character development.  I didn't realize there was a movie coming out.  

51 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

It preceded both by decades, so really Star Wars and Tremors are Dune knock offs. I didn’t like it that much either, though.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

8 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It preceded both by decades, so really Star Wars and Tremors are Dune knock offs. I didn’t like it that much either, though.

Yeah just how it felt to me.  I'm not really into the fantasy style scifi as much.  Dudes traveling the galaxy but fighting with knives just seems dumb to me.

Project Hail Mary (same author as The Martian) is going to make a hell of a movie (in development starring Ryan Gosling).  I bet a lot of the space nerds on this board would like those books.