Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Should the Olympics Be Free of Politics?

Should the Olympics Be Free of Politics?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Olympics Be Free of Politics Including Governments Not Boycotting Them?

• Yes
    • Yes, except for extreme situations
    • It depends on what kind of politics
    • No

what could possibly be political about a bunch of countries competing against each othe

oh. right. literally the entire setup. whoops, sorry guys, forgot about that

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Is this about the third place at the trials hammer thrower lady? Because if she beats the Chinese, she can go ahead take a dump on the podium during the anthem for all I care. This is America, man. Showing the world our athletes can do that stuff sets us apart.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Is this about the third place at the trials hammer thrower lady? Because if she beats the Chinese, she can go ahead take a dump on the podium during the anthem for all I care. This is America, man. Showing the world our athletes can do that stuff sets us apart.

As long as she owns it, didn’t she say it was a set up?

22 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

As long as she owns it, didn’t she say it was a set up?

I don’t know. I don’t have many lines I won’t cross, but paying attention to drama in the hammer throw is one of them.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I don't think the problem is, or ever has been, politics being involved in sports. I think the problem is people who get triggered by politics. Every time I hear or see "keep politics out of sports" all I can think is "Snowflake."

57 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I don't think the problem is, or ever has been, politics being involved in sports. I think the problem is people who get triggered by politics. Every time I hear or see "keep politics out of sports" all I can think is "Snowflake."

I don’t know man.  I tune into games etc… to watch the game and enjoy whatever sport I’m watching at the time.  I truly don’t need to hear a bunch of commentary on politics.

57 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Well, I suspect you would have had issue with AMERICA FIRST being painted all over NFL fields and NBA courts.  Right?  As far as sports always being political, sure there is some truth to that.  But this era of sports journalists as political commentators is definitely different than it used to be.

I think I agree with BSU-9 that I am anti boycott.  I just don't think it accomplishes anything but harming the athletes.

5 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Well, I suspect you would have had issue with AMERICA FIRST being painted all over NFL fields and NBA courts.  Right?  As far as sports always being political, sure there is some truth to that.  But this era of sports journalists as political commentators is definitely different than it used to be.

I think I agree with BSU-9 that I am anti boycott.  I just don't think it accomplishes anything but harming the athletes.

Nope, I got no issue with any of it. None of it distracts from the game for me.

12 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

In so much that it would be cringy because "america first" is associated with a single politician. That would be more like the NBA slapping "Yes we can" on the court. But the NFL has kind of done the sort of politicking that the NBA does now for years: wrapping jingoism in a giant red-white-and-blue bow. It's all good. I'm comfortable with the idea that people don't see the world like I do.