Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer said:

Arizona's not getting the B1G call

Poop, feces, scat, dung, crap, excrement, duty, stool, waste, manure! 💩

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, e-zone99 said:

Does the AAC have any kind of GOR deal?

No.  And their exit fee is 10 million for 27 months.  UConn paid 17 spread over (I think) 5 years to get out early.  And dont you think they are happy about that now....

2 hours ago, RSF said:

But they are a state school.  Their market is the whole state.  Texas A&M is in a podunk town, but that's not their market.

University of Southern California. I'm in SoCAL and I don't root for them. I'm pretty sure Cal students and Alumni don't root for University of California Los Angeles.

5 minutes ago, Den60 said:

University of Southern California. I'm in SoCAL and I don't root for them. I'm pretty sure Cal students and Alumni don't root for University of California Los Angeles.

Well, no one said ASU students and alumni would be rooting for anybody but their school.

And, as has been pointed out, California could easily be multiple states.  And you glossed over the Los Angeles part, which is telling.  There is, in fact, more than one University of California.  The same con not be said for the University of Arizona.

And USC is a private school.

3 minutes ago, RSF said:

Well, no one said ASU students and alumni would be rooting for anybody but their school, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

People are more apt to root for their school or their city than their state school. I don't root for UCLA or Cal just because they are the major state schools in California. By the way, Arizona has a population of 7.2 million, 4.5 of which live in Maricopa country. Pima County has a population of about 1.05 million. ASU lacks the academics for a B1G invite and Zona lacks the market. Were the schools to magically switch locations then Zona would have more to offer.

2 hours ago, AztecSU said:

No, just 6 for 4 pods of 5. Thats why CU is likely.

Coastal POD: WA/ORE/USC/UCLA/AZ

Midwest POD: CU/NEB/IOWA/IND/Ill

North POD: MINN/WISC/MICH/MICHst/NW

East POD: Maryland/Rutgers/PSU/tOSU/PUR

LOL. Can't wait for that Wed night Rutgers UCLA basketball game.

Or the Friday Maryland Washington Baseball tilt.

I'm sure an extra couple mil in the football coffers will be worth it. Study time is for pussies.

Just now, Den60 said:

People are more apt to root for their school or their city than their state school. I don't root for UCLA or Cal just because they are the major state schools in California. By the way, Arizona has a population of 7.2 million, 4.5 of which live in Maricopa country. Pima County has a population of about 1.05 million. ASU lacks the academics for a B1G invite and Zona lacks the market. Were the schools to magically switch locations then Zona would have more to offer.

T shirt fans follow the herd.  School comes first (which has never been denied) but city and/or state depends.  Plenty of North Carolina fans in Charlotte, which is no where near Chapel Hill.  Lotta Auburn fans dont live in Auburn.  NOBODY lives State College but Penn State has a fairly large following.  UA's market is the state, just like a lot of the big state schools.  SEC wasnt slobbering over UT because Austin has a million people - its because they carry a large portion of the whole bloody state.

2 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

People need to stop blaming it on lifestyle, other interests, or this and that. 

The PAC overall has sterile, boring fanbases that just aren't that in to college football the way people are in other parts of the country. 

Besides ASU, Utah, and Oregon it's a pretty bland crowd for PAC football.

You should do a game in Pullman sometime. I don't know how they do it in that horrible weather but they show up. People in places like Pullman, Wyoming, and the Montana's are just built different. 

• OG R-Tard 1
2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Is Ventura Co no longer SoCal?

From the north side of the Santa Monica Mountains up to south Monterey County, it's technically considered the Central Coast (we just called it coastal-central).  From Malibu to San Clemente it's So-Cal, from Camp Pendleton south it's Baja Norte ;-)  

2 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

You should do a game in Pullman sometime. I don't know how they do it in that horrible weather but they show up. People in places like Pullman, Wyoming, and the Montana's are just built different. 

Football is supposed to be played in bad weather.

People are soft.

1 minute ago, RSF said:

Football is supposed to be played in bad weather.

People are soft.

It's not the people. It's the roads and getting to the stadium. Especially in places where interstates are commonly closed in the winter.

• OG R-Tard 1

This basically tells us everything doesn't it? How much of us believe there are already calls going back and forth with the SEC, ESPN, Florida State, Clemson, Miami, and....  Wow, the ACC really is a very average football conference 

1 hour ago, e-zone99 said:

I just don't think that the AAC damages case would have any legs to it.   Because the AAC would be do their best to get an invite and it's not like the Big12 would be working with the Big12 to lure AAC teams away,  Plus the AAC has an exit fee for a reason.   Does the AAC have any kind of GOR deal?

the AAC exit fee for UConn was $17 million

the AAC has no GOR they declined to sign one

the one thing with the AAC is taking specific teams devalues their media deal for ALL teams.....so if any of those specific teams leave the $7 million per year average goes down for all the remaining members

there is a chance that because the AAC willingly signed that the "damages" could not be an issue, but who knows

6 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

There's more crack being smoked here than in the Tenderloin right now.

Curious if you agree with Boelsby that the Big-12 has a case for breach of contract? 

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida State, Clemson, North Carolina, Miami, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Notre Dame.

Here is your soon to be Power 24 Conference. Thought about replacing North Carolina with Iowa though.

• Haha 2
27 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

Been to a game in Pullman.  Felt just like going to a Fresno game though the type of miserable weather varies.   The only difference between Pullman and Fresno is the support of the University of xx schools.