Did I hear a WOOSH?

Conference Realignment thread

3 minutes ago, RSF said:

Well, no one said ASU students and alumni would be rooting for anybody but their school, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

People are more apt to root for their school or their city than their state school. I don't root for UCLA or Cal just because they are the major state schools in California. By the way, Arizona has a population of 7.2 million, 4.5 of which live in Maricopa country. Pima County has a population of about 1.05 million. ASU lacks the academics for a B1G invite and Zona lacks the market. Were the schools to magically switch locations then Zona would have more to offer.

00126-SDSUvArizona-main.jpg

2 hours ago, AztecSU said:

No, just 6 for 4 pods of 5. Thats why CU is likely.

Coastal POD: WA/ORE/USC/UCLA/AZ

Midwest POD: CU/NEB/IOWA/IND/Ill

North POD: MINN/WISC/MICH/MICHst/NW

East POD: Maryland/Rutgers/PSU/tOSU/PUR

LOL. Can't wait for that Wed night Rutgers UCLA basketball game.

Or the Friday Maryland Washington Baseball tilt.

I'm sure an extra couple mil in the football coffers will be worth it. Study time is for pussies.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Just now, Den60 said:

People are more apt to root for their school or their city than their state school. I don't root for UCLA or Cal just because they are the major state schools in California. By the way, Arizona has a population of 7.2 million, 4.5 of which live in Maricopa country. Pima County has a population of about 1.05 million. ASU lacks the academics for a B1G invite and Zona lacks the market. Were the schools to magically switch locations then Zona would have more to offer.

T shirt fans follow the herd.  School comes first (which has never been denied) but city and/or state depends.  Plenty of North Carolina fans in Charlotte, which is no where near Chapel Hill.  Lotta Auburn fans dont live in Auburn.  NOBODY lives State College but Penn State has a fairly large following.  UA's market is the state, just like a lot of the big state schools.  SEC wasnt slobbering over UT because Austin has a million people - its because they carry a large portion of the whole bloody state.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

Is Ventura Co no longer SoCal?

From the north side of the Santa Monica Mountains up to south Monterey County, it's technically considered the Central Coast (we just called it coastal-central).  From Malibu to San Clemente it's So-Cal, from Camp Pendleton south it's Baja Norte ;-)  

2 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

You should do a game in Pullman sometime. I don't know how they do it in that horrible weather but they show up. People in places like Pullman, Wyoming, and the Montana's are just built different. 

Football is supposed to be played in bad weather.

People are soft.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

1 hour ago, e-zone99 said:

I just don't think that the AAC damages case would have any legs to it.   Because the AAC would be do their best to get an invite and it's not like the Big12 would be working with the Big12 to lure AAC teams away,  Plus the AAC has an exit fee for a reason.   Does the AAC have any kind of GOR deal?

the AAC exit fee for UConn was $17 million

the AAC has no GOR they declined to sign one

the one thing with the AAC is taking specific teams devalues their media deal for ALL teams.....so if any of those specific teams leave the $7 million per year average goes down for all the remaining members

there is a chance that because the AAC willingly signed that the "damages" could not be an issue, but who knows

YOU WANT TRADITION? WELL......HERE 'TIS......The University of North Texas has football wins over: Texas Tech U......Rice U......Baylor U......TCU......SMU......Houston......Oklahoma State......San Diego St.......Kansas State......Arizona State.......Colorado State......Brigham Young......Oregon State......Florida......Indiana......Tennessee (a 6 & 5 SEC team & still our biggest win in school history)......Boise State......Louisville......Cincinatti (our last match-up with UC was a UNT bowl win), plus FOUR (4) NCAA FBS level Bowl Games (one while having a losing season record) in this millennium's 1'st decade while North Texas has had ONE NCAA Division 1 Top 20 ranking.

The North Texas Mean Green Village (located between 2 Texas interstates & which a recent TxDOT study said 200,000 vehicles drive by it daily) is a multi-acre olympic style village of athletc venues*dorms*computer study centers, etc, topped off with what GIL BRANDT: The Father of Modern NFL Scouting who described UNT's Apogee Stadium as a "Tah Mahal of a College Football Stadium" with Brandt adding... 'and I've seen every NCAA D1 FB stadium in the USA." All this along with UNT's fabulous 10,000 seat Super Pit--the Best & Largest on-campus college basketball venue in the D-FW Metroplex......AND THREE PONDS AND A BRIDGE!!!!!

This signature is the sole property of Someone and any use of this signature without express written consent of Someone is strictly forbiden by penalty of law

27 minutes ago, Ibanez said:

You should do a game in Pullman sometime. I don't know how they do it in that horrible weather but they show up. People in places like Pullman, Wyoming, and the Montana's are just built different. 

Been to a game in Pullman.  Felt just like going to a Fresno game though the type of miserable weather varies.   The only difference between Pullman and Fresno is the support of the University of xx schools.   

YOU WANT TRADITION? WELL......HERE 'TIS......The University of North Texas has football wins over: Texas Tech U......Rice U......Baylor U......TCU......SMU......Houston......Oklahoma State......San Diego St.......Kansas State......Arizona State.......Colorado State......Brigham Young......Oregon State......Florida......Indiana......Tennessee (a 6 & 5 SEC team & still our biggest win in school history)......Boise State......Louisville......Cincinatti (our last match-up with UC was a UNT bowl win), plus FOUR (4) NCAA FBS level Bowl Games (one while having a losing season record) in this millennium's 1'st decade while North Texas has had ONE NCAA Division 1 Top 20 ranking.

The North Texas Mean Green Village (located between 2 Texas interstates & which a recent TxDOT study said 200,000 vehicles drive by it daily) is a multi-acre olympic style village of athletc venues*dorms*computer study centers, etc, topped off with what GIL BRANDT: The Father of Modern NFL Scouting who described UNT's Apogee Stadium as a "Tah Mahal of a College Football Stadium" with Brandt adding... 'and I've seen every NCAA D1 FB stadium in the USA." All this along with UNT's fabulous 10,000 seat Super Pit--the Best & Largest on-campus college basketball venue in the D-FW Metroplex......AND THREE PONDS AND A BRIDGE!!!!!

This signature is the sole property of Someone and any use of this signature without express written consent of Someone is strictly forbiden by penalty of law

The most common response on Twitter about ESPN's response is that Burke Magnus would make a great super villain name.

I may be biased at this pt, but the characterization seems apropos.

58 minutes ago, ViAggie said:

From the north side of the Santa Monica Mountains up to south Monterey County, it's technically considered the Central Coast (we just called it coastal-central).  From Malibu to San Clemente it's So-Cal, from Camp Pendleton south it's Baja Norte ;-)  

No offense but that's just plain wrong? I live just north of the Santa Monicas and have literally never heard anyone here in the San Fernando Valley nor north of us in Ventura county say they're in Central California.

If we're judging by coastal areas, to me, Central California runs from Buellton/Solvang in the south to the city of Santa Cruz in the north where the Bay Area and NorCal begin.

25 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I've only glanced through the letter and the contract and read a few different things about it and there's certainly areas where it seems a breach possibly occurred, but I don't know enough about the particulars to make any sort of informed opinion. Its definitely ratcheted the intensity up though.

Do you remember from law school anything about what is required for a prima facie case of interference with contract at common law? As I mentioned this morning, the only thing I can recall is that California case law on that issue had changed several times over the decades so if the law wherever the B12 would file against ESPN was like it is in California, there's no way to accurately predict who might prevail even if we knew all the facts.

1 minute ago, trvitmvnz said:

ESPN was the one behind this. Now they control the Whole South and Atlantic regions exclusively lol 

Hey, those two regions are the ones that love football the most, and the region with the most people……

the wire roland brice GIF